PDA

View Full Version : Kieran Fallon returns??

gilberto_eire
07/06/2007, 3:18 AM
was just going over the card for tipp there now when i saw kieran fallon down to ride for O'Brien, what happened to his banning after the dope find in france??, where was he for the guineas and other big races at the curragh.
rather strange i missed something somewhere anyway!!...

the 12 th man
07/06/2007, 4:49 AM
He was banned for 6 months by the French Stewards ( using banned substances) which expires today.He's still suspended from English racing pending the "Race Fixing" allegations that won't get to the courts in the UK til later this year.

joeSoap
07/06/2007, 12:06 PM
His appeal to get his UK licence back while the court case is pending is currently being heard this week.

the 12 th man
07/06/2007, 3:09 PM
His appeal to get his UK licence back while the court case is pending is currently being heard this week.

You're right there he got it brought forward,I've read on another site that he's rumoured to be going back to Michael Stoute?

joeSoap
07/06/2007, 3:17 PM
Whatever type of gangster he may or may not be, there is no doubting the fact that he is one of the all time great jockeys.

gilberto_eire
07/06/2007, 4:17 PM
i knwo about the race-fixing and that... ya i checked after i posted and saw it was only 6mths...they have flown btw!!

the 12 th man
07/06/2007, 9:25 PM
First ride back a winner.Didn't panic when he looked in trouble.

bennocelt
08/06/2007, 9:47 AM
Whatever type of gangster he may or may not be, there is no doubting the fact that he is one of the all time great jockeys.

he is a real legend.......... none of this frankie dettori housewife stuff, how many derbies has kieran?

bellavistaman
08/06/2007, 5:39 PM
absolute legend, wat a jockey, makes frankie look like a right tosser the way two go about the same business in such different manners. Went down to back him thursday couldnt back the first horse odds way to low(rightly so) backed him on flying cheetah but was no where, delighted hes back have never backed against him once. roll on the weekend, hes going in the curragh tomorrow night and looks to have a few nice rides. One race there is only 5 horses him and O'Brian on the biggest priced horse, get on!!

joeSoap
12/06/2007, 10:35 AM
His application to have the charges dropped was thrown out yesterday. He now must stand trial in September, and will stay banned in the UK until the outcome of that trial. Big blow to him, as it seems the case against him is quite strong.

bennocelt
12/06/2007, 11:21 AM
Kieran fallon: 3 times derby winner, twice winner of the irish derby,six times champion jockey

Mick Kinane: twice derby winner, irish derby twice winner, melbourne cup winner once

frankie dettori: once time derby winner, irish derby once, 3 times champ jockey

Johnny Murtagh: 3 time derby winner, irish derby twice winner

records speak for themselves,
the best race in the world for me is the Melbourne Cup (never mind that rubbish in Dubai), its one of my dreams to make it out there for that festival, must be some fun, has any of ye guys attendted this race/

bennocelt
13/10/2007, 12:59 PM
the highlight of the sporting year was last week.........seeing Kieran fallon win the Arc
great win from a true champ:)

good to see him with the Irish Flag, and put one over the British;)

BBc a right pain going on and on about how they would have done things differently in the UK, stewards enquiry over in less than a minute, etc............bloody hell King Kieran isnt even allowed to race in the UK:rolleyes:

the 12 th man
13/10/2007, 2:46 PM
the highlight of the sporting year was last week.........seeing Kieran fallon win the Arc
great win from a true champ:)

Great performance alright but it would have been very interesting to see if a French horse was involved in the photo how the Stewards enquiry would have worked out.I think he would have lost the race in the Stewards room.

pete
13/10/2007, 3:33 PM
Its probably one of the few sports I have almost no interest in but isn't horse racing by its nature sort of corrupt? If there was no betting it would not exist & insider tips indicates its not a level betting tent. There are few other sports where you can bet on someone not to win...

Dodge
15/10/2007, 12:33 PM
There are few other sports where you can bet on someone not to win...
You can do that in every sport Pete. Not saying Racing isn't corrupt though...

osarusan
15/10/2007, 12:47 PM
Horse racing is corrupt from the top to the bottom - Fallon a legend my arse!

Tell that to the punters who had money on his horses in the races he is supposed to have purposely lost on.

Or the punters that had money on Ballinger Ridge(?) - the most obvious case ever of a jockey trying to lose!!

There is no smoke without fire and Fallon is burning!

From the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7037792.stm)

His laywer said :

He pointed out Mr Fallon's average strike rate on horses between 2002 and 2004 was 19%.

But it rose to 29.4% in the races which are included in the indictment.

He said: "That means that if the Crown's allegation is right, that Fallon's win rate was 150% higher when he was trying to lose than when he was trying to win."

Not that I believe everything a lawyer says, but on what I've read so far

The gambler supposedly in charge of things lost over 200 grand.

Martin Stoute praised his ride in one of the races in question.

His win rate was higher that usual when he was supposed to be losing.

The defense has done a good job so far, I think.

Macy
15/10/2007, 1:04 PM
But the prosecution's evidence is based on calls made when he actually won races they alledge he was supposed to lose!

I'm sure the Horse Racing industry (anyone else notice how it's a sport when there's allegations of corruption, but an industry when it's getting grants?) is corrupt, but it appears to me that Fallon has been brought into this as they needed a "name" and they've got him by association rather than any actual wrong doing (at this stage anyway).

pete
15/10/2007, 4:03 PM
You can do that in every sport Pete. Not saying Racing isn't corrupt though...

I know but a lot easier in Horse Racing to control. I have doubt it happens in football hard but a keeper may leave goals in but hard for him to stop his forwards to score.

TBH I have not been following this but I presume there must be a case to answer as the Prosecution would not have been allowed to proceed to this point. Fallon seems to have a checkered history & the footage of that race where he says he did not see the challenger behind looks damning...

bennocelt
16/10/2007, 7:53 AM
Horse racing is corrupt from the top to the bottom - Fallon a legend my arse!

Tell that to the punters who had money on his horses in the races he is supposed to have purposely lost on.

Or the punters that had money on Ballinger Ridge(?) - the most obvious case ever of a jockey trying to lose!!

There is no smoke without fire and Fallon is burning!

do you know that he was champion jockey for about 5/6 times, not bad for someone who is meant to be a non-trier:rolleyes:

most punters know that horseracing is a bit dodgy, always was, from the top to the bottom, hell even the "great" frankie looks a bit wobbly now and again

most gamblers (at least the ones i know - which is a lot) have huge respect for Fallon

the 12 th man
16/10/2007, 6:40 PM
A gambler myself - small-time mind you - and I am aware of Fallons achievements. I also know that he is a damn good jockey when he goes out to win - however that doesn't take away from the doubts that a lot of people have of him. I personally wouldn't back anything that he rides because I just don't trust him. Like I said earlier the ride he gave Ballinger Ridge was the single-most blatant race-rig I have ever seen and there are very few who have seen that footage who would be able to disagree.

Oddly enough that race is being also used by the defence saying that if you wanted to "pull" a horse how could you be so blatent/stupid as to do it so obviously.

My own personal opinion on that Balinger Ridge race is that Fallon deliberately tried to go too quick (a known way to get a horse beat)as it makes it look like the horse didn't stay the trip or was just not good enough,but the horse was on a real going day and Fallon paniced between the 2 & 1 furlong pole as the horse was not showing any signs of stopping and things weren't going to plan.

He 100% let the other horse win that race whatever about any of the other races being examined imo.

bennocelt
17/10/2007, 12:01 PM
A gambler myself - small-time mind you - and I am aware of Fallons achievements. I also know that he is a damn good jockey when he goes out to win - however that doesn't take away from the doubts that a lot of people have of him. I personally wouldn't back anything that he rides because I just don't trust him. Like I said earlier the ride he gave Ballinger Ridge was the single-most blatant race-rig I have ever seen and there are very few who have seen that footage who would be able to disagree.

but you see those kind of races now and again in horse racing, i have seen far worse than that in fact........its the nature of the game.........in my opinion you cant prove anything from looking at a race

onceahoop
18/10/2007, 10:38 PM
Oddly enough that race is being also used by the defence saying that if you wanted to "pull" a horse how could you be so blatent/stupid as to do it so obviously.

My own personal opinion on that Balinger Ridge race is that Fallon deliberately tried to go too quick (a known way to get a horse beat)as it makes it look like the horse didn't stay the trip or was just not good enough,but the horse was on a real going day and Fallon paniced between the 2 & 1 furlong pole as the horse was not showing any signs of stopping and things weren't going to plan.

He 100% let the other horse win that race whatever about any of the other races being examined imo.

Having been involved in racing as a racing lover, punter, syndicate member and occasionally work rider (though not very good) and knowing a few jockeys, I believe that Fallon made a big error of judgement in that race. I remember watching the replay and thinking that in another stride or two after reinvgorating his horse after realising his mistake, he would have got up and won. He'd want to be the greatest judge of pace in the world to pull a stunt like that. Was he so sure the rest would catch him when he dropped his hands. For sure there's a whiff of sulphur around Fallon. When he went to England from Kevin Prendergast, who was the son of one of the greatest gambling trainers of his era, he rode for Jimmy Fitzgerald and the Ramsdans, two major gambling stables. He had to take Channel 4 to court to clear his name and won.

But every jockey who's ever rode in a race has had to pull one at some stage. From what I've read so far there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, some or most of which doesn't add up.

bennocelt
08/12/2007, 6:47 PM
Vindicated. Hopes he sues the ass off them now.:)
5 irish men in the dock...........while such corruption in racing in england (watch TV)......yet they tried to nail a few paddies..........egg on their face now (british justice)
Looking forward to seeing Kieran in march............def will win champ jockey

the 12 th man
08/12/2007, 7:27 PM
He's failed another drug test in France (Deauville-August 9th) so he's not out of the woods yet,looks like it could be curtains:(
http://www.attheraces.com/article.asp?hlid=485102&title=Fallon+fails+drugs+test&lid=PA+Racing+Feed&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=Fallon+fails+drugs+test&day=Sat

drinkfeckarse
10/12/2007, 12:44 PM
O'Brien quoted as saying that Kieran "is addicted". Time to face his demons and sort himself out once and for all. Really hope to see him back in the saddle.