PDA

View Full Version : Campaign To Take Us Back To The Markets Field

LFC Blue
27/02/2003, 12:02 PM
I'm sure everyone agrees with me that at the moment Limerick FC's biggest problem is that we are HOMELESS. Aslong as we remain HOMELESS the club is doomed and has no chance of devoloping.With virtually no gate receipts whoever is in charge of the team and the club can practically forget about the prospect of Premier Football.Jackman and the Pike Field are not the answer but as Sadloserkid has emphasised at the moment we have no other options.The general consensus from everyone on this board and everyone in Limerick city and county is that the Markets Field is the best option.However the club is in no position to purchase this venue.The only option available is that the fans try and force the issue,make our voices heard,spread the word,get it in the media that we are all determined that Limerick FC will return to their spiritual home.If the club and the fans don't express their strong desire to move back th the Markets Field then no-one will ever know.If we can publicise our desire to purchase the venue then maybe people will stand up and take note and investors will come on board.We need a Peter Hogan type investor who can make this dream a reality.JP McManus,a consortium ,the corporation,FAI assistance anyone atall.Massive fund raisers to bring the once famous ground back into the LOI.To achieve this we need a committee to express our feelings.At our first game in the Pike Field we should try and gain media coverage by chanting for the Markets Field or signing a petition.Maybe on one of the flags we are getting we could write some message on it expressing our desire to play there.We have to make of voices heard.With Bord Na Gon vacating the Markets Field in the near future we will never again get a better opportunity to acquire a permanent base for Limerick senior socccer.

deise deserter
28/02/2003, 10:31 AM
Great idea. But I hate to say it but that's all it is.

SLK, Gael 353, and myself were talking about this yesterday. All of this is a good idea BUT what happens once we get the issue raised?

All this talk of JP standing in is a very thin straw to be grasping at. What we need is to lobby businessmen now before we get anywhere and get ourselves organised. The FAI, Bord Na Gann, etc, will take more notice of us then IMHO.

LFC Blue
03/03/2003, 12:56 PM
I understand what your trying to say Deise but i still feel that fan power is the strongest mechanism we have at the moment and if we can make our voices heard and let the FAI,the club and the media know that we won't be happy until Limerick are back playing at the Markets Field then we have a much better chance of getting the ball rolling.

deise deserter
04/03/2003, 3:29 PM
I agree that fan pressure is the way to go about it as at the moment we have no alternatives. I think a realistic way to go would to try and get the supporters club up and running and to have a representative on the committee and put pressure from with in. It seems a small thing on paper, but with the way the club is ignoring fans (there was supposed to be a meeting with some representatives of the fan, but they keep pushing it back until the Pike deal is signed) it seems that we may as well be p!ss!ng against the wind.

Fr. Joe
11/03/2003, 1:04 AM
Lets all get behind this campaign before it's too late.

LFC Blue
02/03/2011, 6:03 PM
8 YEARS ON AND THE DREAM BECOMES A REALITY
I started this thread almost 8 years to the very day and finally Limerick FC have got a permanent home to call their own. An absolute momentous day for the club. Well done to all involved in the club especially that great man Pat O'Sullivan who has now firmly established himself as a legend in senior soccer circles in this city. A big thank you to that great Limerick man JP McManus who i happened to mention in that post 8 years ago. Roll on 2012 Premier Football back in our spiritual home.

LK37oldskool
02/03/2011, 8:21 PM
well done LFc.Your faith has been rewarded! Cant wait for 2012 let alone 20111.....

joeSoap
03/03/2011, 10:56 AM
well done LFc.Your faith has been rewarded! Cant wait for 2012 let alone 20111.....

You're going to be very old in 20111... very very old!!

LK37oldskool
03/03/2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah,hoping for massive advances in medicine. might see some European football at the Markets Field between now and then!!