PDA

View Full Version : Banners

dahamsta
21/07/2001, 5:56 PM
As you might have noticed, I've introduced banners on the site. I just want to point out that all the banners - there's only four at the moment - are internal or not-for-profit, so we're not "in it for the money". The four current banners are:

The Hunger Site, which you should click onto every now and then to donate food to people who really need it - it won't cost you anything but your time. :)

Ireland Offline, which is an organisation campaigning to promote unmetered and broadband internet access in Ireland, something I actively support. :mad:

Linux.ie, because Linux is cool and you should try it! :cool:

And of course our own humble banner, on the off-chance that some of you might be looking for web hosting or development services sometime. :D

If the banners really get on your wick, feel free to post in the Development forum about it - there's an active thread there already - but since they're not-for-profit, I'm hoping people will accept them and maybe click on them every now and then.

Suggestions for other banners are welcome, but please note we're not accepting ads for for-profit organisations at the moment. Maybe later if the site builds up and we need to start generating revenue to pay for our expenses.

adam