PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Season Squad

pete
26/02/2003, 12:10 PM
Keepers:
Devine, Mooney, McNulty

Defenders:
Carey, Horgan, Napier, Murray, Cronin, Daly?

Midfield:
O'Brien, O'Halloran, O'Grady, Bennet, Woods, Warren, Mulconroy

Forwards:
O'Flynn, O'Callaghan, O'Brien.

Am i missing anyone? Anyone else think the squad looks fairly bare?

I know some of the u-21s look like be moving onto the first team but i suspect they not be more than cover for the bench initially anyway?

James
26/02/2003, 12:12 PM
as joe said you got killian lordan, muraay eile (strange surname)
john andrews
jamie nolan
denis behan

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 12:21 PM
Two keepers ain't enough if Mooney goes. What kind is McNulty?
Six defenders is leaving it tight too. We could end up being glad of Deccie. Greg is best as a defender but the oul creativity is needed in the centre with Judas Rennie gone. We're ok for midfield considering Georgie would be better off there too which leaves us short up front more than anything.
Jamie Nolan should be ok for promotion to the senior side.
but. . . . . . The success of the 21s would suggest we're ok for cover and i wouldn't be complaining bout getting the cheque book out just yet.

dalo
26/02/2003, 3:33 PM
it doesn´t matter how good your manager is. with that squad you aren´t going to win anything' woods, o´callaghan, bennett, daly and carey as well as grady (of last season) are players going no-where.

napier for all his heart and guts and cronin are players who have a lot of weaknesses.
also losing reynolds is a sham(e):D

the only plus in terms of players is our goalies , john o'flynn, greg, murray and horgan. i also think colin t is not the player he is and never will be while a lot of expectation on cloin p's shoulders.

a gloomy assessment but that is what happens when you are about to be laid off:rolleyes:

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i also think colin t is not the player he is and never will be.
Can see what you're getting at there alright.

a gloomy assessment but that is what happens when you are about to be laid
Good for you pal.

off:rolleyes:
Oh!:o :o

Gary
26/02/2003, 5:48 PM
Bennett? what are you on Dalo. He is a top class player, its just that Gunther couldnt find a position for him and stick with it. He did brilliantly in eveyr position he played (maybe not great on right wing ok).

id say that Carey is the weak link. But he is still a good squad player.

thecorner
26/02/2003, 8:48 PM
small bit weak on the striker dept.
reckon georgie could be used more as a midfielder with dolan
and we cant expect john o flynn to carry us for the goals again this season. he does need a hand

niamh
02/03/2003, 2:57 PM
Would have to agree with you there. Even for all his strengths last season, John still had matches were he just couldn't score and teams need more than one goal scorer.