PDA

View Full Version : Transfer window signings/rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kdjaC
03/06/2007, 9:00 PM
Pats rumoured to be signing all of the below from various papers mainly Sun and Mirror :rolleyes:

Jason Byrne
Bobby Ryan
Barry Quinn
Owen Morrision (Derry interested in him too)
Conor Sammon
Willo Flood (gone to Dundee afaik)
Sean Thornton

Few others most sharing the same agent :rolleyes: few other mental ones not even worth posting about.

Signed noone as of yet, expect some player/s signed by end of this week.

kdjac

DmanDmythDledge
03/06/2007, 9:12 PM
Flood has gone to Dundee Utd on loan- click (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/6693581.stm). Cardiff have also released a few strikers so Jason Byrne must be in their plans for next season.

Hands off Sammo.:mad:

Darren Quigley could be leaving UCD and Patrick Kavanagh could be re-signing.

Poor Student
03/06/2007, 9:14 PM
Conor Sammon

When was that in the paper?

kdjaC
03/06/2007, 9:14 PM
Is Eamo his agent/adviser?

Seems anyone hes connected with is linked to Pats then signs for somone else...hey at least hes getting us in the papers...thanks uncle Eamo.

kdjac

Soper
03/06/2007, 9:15 PM
Word is that Byrne wasn't released on a free incase Cardiff end up not signing any top strikers

kdjaC
03/06/2007, 9:15 PM
When was that in the paper?

In the sun that us and Leeds were for looking at him the monday after Wise was at the UCD game.

kdjac

DmanDmythDledge
03/06/2007, 9:18 PM
In the sun that us and Leeds were for looking at him the monday after Wise was at the UCD game.

kdjac
Down to this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=60471) thread probably.;)

Aaron
03/06/2007, 10:23 PM
Flood has gone to Dundee Utd on loan- click (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/6693581.stm). Cardiff have also released a few strikers so Jason Byrne must be in their plans for next season.

Hands off Sammo.:mad:

Darren Quigley could be leaving UCD and Patrick Kavanagh could be re-signing.

Possiblpy heading to us??

We're after Sammy Morrow who was released from Hibs.

DmanDmythDledge
03/06/2007, 10:28 PM
It's one of the rumours I've heard. Stockport County are also interested.

eamo1
04/06/2007, 12:25 AM
seen it in a local paper a few weeks ago,i forget his full name,first name Sean i think.3 others apparently lined up too.

soccerc
04/06/2007, 12:26 AM
Pats rumoured to be signing all of the below from various papers mainly Sun and Mirror :rolleyes:

Jason Byrne
Bobby Ryan
Barry Quinn
Owen Morrision (Derry interested in him too)
Conor Sammon
Willo Flood (gone to Dundee afaik)
Sean Thornton

Few others most sharing the same agent :rolleyes: few other mental ones not even worth posting about.

Signed noone as of yet, expect some player/s signed by end of this week.

kdjac

Owen Morrison was in Dublin this weekend, had a brief chat with him but Pats were never mentioned!

DRDoc
04/06/2007, 12:47 AM
Word is that Longford may face loosing a few players

Freeman the most likely - with Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers apparently interested

Prunty would also be an addition to most teams

Almond may return to Shamrock rovers? although not sure if his loan was for a year without recall option

How about Robbie Doyle? Has he been training with Drogs? Why did he "leave" Bray does anyone know? Perhaps Dundalk may have a look at him also

Kavanagh is back training with UCD and Mahon wants to resign him - would be surprised if one of two others arent interested

Pats need another striker dont they - If Oneill or quigley werent available for whatever reason they would look a bit short wouldnt they? They have Rooney of course though for the time being at least . . . . .

Bohs have been linked with Turner of course - assuming OConnor sees him as a central midfielder Bohs could also do with a winger I reckon

The Lilywhites
04/06/2007, 1:26 AM
David Freeman and Mark Rooney to Dundalk seem the most credible rumours down this end.

I wouldn't mind Dave Mooney as well, but no word on him.

swano
04/06/2007, 8:38 AM
I'd rather get Amond back than go for Mooney. Prunty is the only player I've heard us linked with. What's Freeman like?

Steve Bruce
04/06/2007, 8:51 AM

We're after Sammy Morrow who was released from Hibs.

same as Linfield.

bray boy
04/06/2007, 9:10 AM
How about Robbie Doyle? Has he been training with Drogs? Why did he "leave" Bray does anyone know?

because he was shockingly bad

The Lilywhites
04/06/2007, 9:24 AM
Does anyone know where Robbie Collins (ex-Dublin City) is these days??

green army
04/06/2007, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know where Robbie Collins (ex-Dublin City) is these days??

drinking in his local pub...think he is still injured.

Risteard
04/06/2007, 11:30 AM
I know Rico was an admirer of either Prunty or Kirby and that we were linked with him previously several times.
I think it was Prunty.

Kildare Lad
04/06/2007, 11:56 AM
I heard that Jim Ganonn was at our match on saturday to see Pauric Amond?

Raheny Red
04/06/2007, 12:17 PM
2. Players

As we have said before, we will give news when we have it available and would like to exclusively give to the website the news that Dermot has already signed two new players, who will join us when the transfer window is open in July. First up will be Marc McCulloch. He is a Left Full Back, aged 26, and has spent the last two seasons as captain of Arbroath Football Club in Scotland.

Our second new signing will be Stuart Malcolm, a Centre Half who was with Dermot during his spell at Dublin City. Stuart has recently been playing with Morton in Scotland.

We look forward to welcoming these two new players in July.

I must stress and make clear that any signings Dermot makes in the coming months will be done within the strict parameters of the club’s current budget available. We do not intend to repeat the mistakes of the past.

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=645

DTrappe16
04/06/2007, 3:39 PM
I Wouldnt be suprised if clubs came in for wexford youths midfielder Patsy Malone. He is only new in the league but seems very capable

Dyl10
04/06/2007, 3:58 PM
From today's Mirror

"Paul Doolin last night laughted of speculation linking him with a move for Jason Byrne and Peter Thompson. "Buy Peter Thompson ? are you joking me? That would cost a fortune.""

So that's it lads, it's a dead duck. Time to move on from this wild goose chase. It was never going to happen.

De Town
04/06/2007, 4:07 PM
Freeman is muck, for whoever was asking, think it was a Rovers fan. Mooney, Prunty and Sullivan are the only ones worth anything in our squad tbh.

After Friday's show in Drogs, dunno why they let Sullivan go and kept Damien Lynch, coz I know which one I'd prefer.

@ the Cork fan: Yeah Rico was interested in Prunty alright. He's very good friends with Kirby and is sharing a house with him at the moment.

Terry
04/06/2007, 5:59 PM
seen it in a local paper a few weeks ago,i forget his full name,first name Sean i think.3 others apparently lined up too.

I believe his name is fagan, around 26 years old with up to 70 first team appearances.

DmanDmythDledge
04/06/2007, 6:21 PM
I believe his name is fagan, around 26 years old with up to 70 first team appearances.
Stats (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=21150).

Most recently played for Stenhousmuir in the Scottish Third Division.

Sheridan
04/06/2007, 9:58 PM
Freeman was great for us, the best one-touch forward I saw that season. Just needs a sympathetic formation in which to thrive. He's almost certain to sign for Dundalk, ostensibly on loan. Robbie Collins is still banjaxed as far as I know. Might not see him in the league again.

Rumour mill is a bit slow at the moment (everywhere but Pat's), I'd imagine it will pick up in coming weeks. Bohs want to sign Michael Keane (released by Rotherham) and are very interested in Chris Barbour of Tolka Rovers. Sligo are looking at bringing in Ged Brannan in a player/coach capacity but may lose Seamus Coleman to Southampton in the winter. Drogheda and Portadown are competing to sign John Lukic Jr, but no-one knows why.

gael353
04/06/2007, 10:35 PM
I Wouldnt be suprised if clubs came in for wexford youths midfielder Patsy Malone. He is only new in the league but seems very capable

Youd be surprised? not alone there mate but the only league to come in for him will be a higher junior league then the one he left. Wexford have quality young players but there isnt a convayor belt with a load of Doyles falling off it

sligoman
04/06/2007, 10:37 PM
Sligo are looking at bringing in Ged Brannan in a player/coach capacity but may lose Seamus Coleman to Southampton in the winter.Ged Brannan, any good? Wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman go, even though he recently signed a 2 year contract extension. They should have to pay good money for him, that's for sure. He really is a class prospect at only 18. I know most mightn't believe this but he could be with a Premiership team at this stage, easily a better team that Southampton.

pineapple stu
04/06/2007, 10:39 PM
You wouldn't stump up the cash a few months ago; why would you do so now?

And with Dicker moving for £40k, we're likely to be looking for double that for Quigley, a B international. Think E40k (sterling) was the stumbling block for Quigley to youz at the start of the season?

Stockport is a quite likely destination for him.

Sheridan
04/06/2007, 10:41 PM
Brennan was good with Tranmere about ten years ago... I seem to remember him playing internationally for the Cayman Islands, for whom he qualified through some circuitous route (just being a British citizen I think.)

I don't see Coleman going away any time soon myself, but such was the rumour. British clubs usually only take promising schoolboys (14-16) and (increasingly) well-established first team players from Irish football.

adamcarr
04/06/2007, 10:47 PM
Rico is off to Poland to get a few players.

Kildare Lad
05/06/2007, 12:09 AM

He could come to Newbridge instead to save the travelling, hed probably see just as much Polish:o

Aaron
05/06/2007, 12:15 AM
You wouldn't stump up the cash a few months ago; why would you do so now?

And with Dicker moving for £40k, we're likely to be looking for double that for Quigley, a B international. Think E40k (sterling) was the stumbling block for Quigley to youz at the start of the season?

Stockport is a quite likely destination for him.

Well the board have told Pizza he has money to spend and i'd say it'll likely go to a keeper, with Morrow possibly coming in on a free.

SligoBrewer
05/06/2007, 12:35 AM
Ged Brannan, any good? Wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman go, even though he recently signed a 2 year contract extension. They should have to pay good money for him, that's for sure. He really is a class prospect at only 18. I know most mightn't believe this but he could be with a Premiership team at this stage, easily a better team that Southampton.

echoed.. hes gonna be big..

i duno to be happy or sad:o:(

MariborKev
05/06/2007, 2:42 AM
Well the board have told Pizza he has money to spend and i'd say it'll likely go to a keeper, with Morrow possibly coming in on a free.

Agreed,

Though we'd definately have to lose at least one keeper before we bring one in.

Poor Student
05/06/2007, 9:54 AM
Brennan was good with Tranmere about ten years ago... I seem to remember him playing internationally for the Cayman Islands, for whom he qualified through some circuitous route (just being a British citizen I think.)

He's at Morecambe now. His Wiki page says Paul Cook wanted to take him to Southport as assistant manager but got sacked before he could bring him over. He's a personal friend of Cook's. I do remeber he could take a good direct free kick.

Pablo
05/06/2007, 10:52 AM

And Czech Republic according to The Echo last week

CharlesThompson
05/06/2007, 11:49 AM
Agreed,

Though we'd definately have to lose at least one keeper before we bring one in.

Did you not just sign another keeper recently?? (ex Middleboro)

Dodge
05/06/2007, 12:05 PM
Freeman was poor enough for us. Think he only lasted one season before moving to Drogheda.

Scored the winner in the League Cup final though

Ash
05/06/2007, 12:16 PM
The Longford exodus I heard was :
- Freeman to Dundalk
- Prunty to Athlone
- Lee to Monaghan

Mr A
05/06/2007, 12:22 PM
Lee to Monaghan- is that the lad that scored a good few goals for Monaghan last year?

Ash
05/06/2007, 12:29 PM
Lee to Monaghan- is that the lad that scored a good few goals for Monaghan last year?

Yep, Der Blonde Bomber.
Nicknamed that in Athlone after he almost back heeled
himself in the head trying a diving header.

Also, the worst player to ever score a hat-trick against us :eek:

Dunno how true the rumour is cos I dunno if I heard it or just
made it up while on the beer on Saturday

Dodge
05/06/2007, 12:48 PM
Yep, Der Blonde Bomber.
Nicknamed that in Athlone after he almost back heeled
himself in the head trying a diving header.

:D :D

passinginterest
05/06/2007, 12:56 PM
Dunno how true the rumour is cos I dunno if I heard it or just
made it up while on the beer on Saturday

I can confirm the rumour that Real Madrid are planning to sign the entire Wexford Youths squad is 100% true and was not made up by me five minutes ago :p

Ash
05/06/2007, 1:09 PM
:D :D

Now that I think back to it, he actually looked a bit like Buckaroo! :D

monutdfc
05/06/2007, 1:15 PM
Is there a rule that a player cannot return to his previous club within a 12 month window?

DmanDmythDledge
05/06/2007, 1:18 PM
Is there a rule that a player cannot return to his previous club within a 12 month window?
Not that I know of.

Dodge
05/06/2007, 1:21 PM
I think its the same 3 club rule that rode Cork rock solid. Should be fine in July though

DmanDmythDledge
05/06/2007, 1:24 PM
I think its the same 3 club rule that rode Cork rock solid. Should be fine in July though
But it would have only been 2 clubs if you re-sign for the club you were previously with.