PDA

View Full Version : Sligo 2-1 Bohs... Unbelievable

Pages : [1] 2

Shedzer
02/06/2007, 9:07 PM
Try sum this up!!!!!!

The best ocassion and game i have ever been present for in the Showgrounds...words cant describe it..

Can they?:confused::D

Soper
02/06/2007, 9:13 PM
:D

What a win

SligoBrewer
02/06/2007, 9:16 PM
I Love Rovers!

Red&White Rover
02/06/2007, 9:20 PM
Simply. Unbelievable.

I am so happy....he lost, we won...

Darco Ooragnak
02/06/2007, 9:21 PM
They had the last few minutes on Ocean, commentator summed things up pretty well:- On Connor "Read between the line - i do not like that man" and ...."When Bohs scored he was all very cocky...he`s not too cocky now"

Was Cook sent off?

Red&White Rover
02/06/2007, 9:22 PM
and Gerry Carr....Hutchy and Foyzer were in charge for the last few minutes.

SligoBrewer
02/06/2007, 9:27 PM
ye.. fitting that faz took the peno..

thats what football is all about.
thats what rovers is about.
thats why i go every week..for moments like that

Red&White Rover
02/06/2007, 9:29 PM
Perfection-Sligo Rovers vs. Bohs 2/6/07

i thought we did really well today atmosphere wise
we made it buzz.

Midgit
02/06/2007, 9:32 PM
I think we should open a discussion on Referees in the showgrounds. Maybe tomorrow when the dust settles from this win. But what is it with the Refs that take charge for our matchs? Maybe they thinks its too hostile for them and they go against us? I do not know. But surely their has to be an inquiry because Paul and Gerry where complaining about most of the desicions and Connor was obviously very happy with the refs proformance.
What was Bohs penalty for. I did think ours was one. But maybe not i did not see Connor argueing.

Redie
02/06/2007, 11:37 PM
I think it is time the manager got a mention. I know it is early days but if the type of football we played tonight, second half against Drogheda and against Cork is the type that Paul Cook is determined to play then roll on the rest of the season. I have never seen less hoofing from a Rovers team in a long time. The full backs are obviously encouraged to get forward at all times and training must be all two-touch football. His substitutions are generally sound and he seems to be easing Cash back into football with carefull thought and planning. I knew Cash was a good player but tonight when he came on he was dazzling. Hughes, Brush and Coleman also outstanding. Thought the ref was quite good until he gave them the penalty but then he lost it. Faz looked to take a dive for the penalty but so what, we should have been four up by then and Faz could have had a hat-trick.

showgies
03/06/2007, 12:58 AM
A passionate night. A truely deserved victory and a satisfying one. On a night where it looked like it was gonna be one of those where we willl do everything but get the winner, up pops Faz and wins a penalty.

Boy, I didn't like the look of Faz when he stood up to take the pen, he offered the kick to Hughes who didn't fancy it. Then Faz decided not to run up to the ball but walk casually, CHRIST! PLEASE FAZ SCORE...............a little stroke of the ball ............BRILLIANT

Sean Connor, Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram, Liam Burns, Richard Sutherland.....your boys took one hell of a beating :D:D:D:

sligoman
03/06/2007, 2:12 AM
Couldn't believe it. No more than we deserved and what better time to score a winner, you couldn't even dream it up! Just to wipe that grin off his face. Putting his fists up to the press box after their goal, although he claimed he was just celebrating, in after match interview. He was actually gracious enough in the after match interview. Said that if we play like that all season then we'll do as well as last season and the people of Sligo are great people and the abuse was all part of the banter. Also said that he was happy that Faz scored the goal as he had got a fair bit of abuse of Rovers fans in the past. I was actually thinking in the first half that the ref was one of the best I'd seen all season until the second half, Bohs were getting everything, that penalty, I've no idea what was going on there, terrible decision. It wouldn't surprise me if Connor went in and paid him off at half time. Hughes was really a star performer tonight too, MOTM was well deserved. Think given him the captaincy may be a great move.

Looking at the bigger picture, this win really gives us a huge boost, lifts us to the top of the "relegation candidates" again, and, we actually won this without Turner. Really goes to show what we can do when we actually try. I am so delighted tonight. Great performance and thoroughly deserved the victory.
Sean Connor, Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram, Liam Burns, Richard Sutherland.....your boys took one hell of a beatingDon't forget Javier De Dastro and John Daffy. **** off ye ex-Rovers *******s!!:D.

gufcfan
03/06/2007, 2:27 AM
Well done Shligo. Fairplay.

We could do without teams around us taking points off bigger teams but if yer gonna beat someone it mite aswel be the dublin b*****ds

sligoman
03/06/2007, 2:33 AM
Another thing was, it was great to see Crowe, Mansaram and Fenn not get a sniff on goal tonight. Running around like headless chickens so they were. Peers in the centre of defence makes a huge difference. Burns looked seriously unfit tonight as well, Judge had the pace on him easily.
Well done Shligo. Fairplay.It's Sligo, actually.

EDIT: Match highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMym9TCT4qA):).

rusheenrover
03/06/2007, 10:19 AM
Fantastic display and result. Could not argue with Hughes as MOTM but Coleman could not have been far behind - IMO he has everything and is a great prospect. The entire played well but Peers, Faz and Cash when he came on were particularly good.

Mansaran was poor and Burns was way off the pace at times.

Roll on Shams.

gustavo
03/06/2007, 10:26 AM
great game - unbelievable atmosphere -fair play to the lads who kept singing all game - cash had a real impact when he came on - coleman kept glen crowe in his pocket all game - hard to fault anyone - we just need to play like that every game really

1 9 2 8
03/06/2007, 10:49 AM
It was like having the old shed back last night really enjoyed the avalanche when we got the winner I'd say Connor nearly **** himself :D

Da Real Rover
03/06/2007, 11:13 AM
Best game of the season, best atmosphere we created of the season. Was a serious game, a serious result and something that will live long in the memory. Was actually like winning the cup final, after we scored the winner i went ape ****, and was ready to spill my guts out after. But well worth it, its days like this that make Rovers worth the sacrafice. It was class to see how much it ment to the players, specially shamey, what a player, fast becoming a favourite.

Red&White Rover
03/06/2007, 11:15 AM
I'm still buzzing now.

I same as DRR i went mad at the end. Like everyone else of course! But i don't think i ever went that mental for a goal before! it was pure joy. I was going for Sean! i ended up on the dugout after being bout 7 rows away from it! :D

It truly was unbelievable. I'm delighted. Few video's up on youtube as well, of it, if you search them.

SligoBrewer
03/06/2007, 11:33 AM
am goin back to see the u-21's in an hour..
cant wait... just go back there again.

still buzzin as well.. feel invincible atm!

1 9 2 8
03/06/2007, 11:58 AM
Video of last nights game

Rovers vs Bohs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMym9TCT4qA)

SligoBrewer
03/06/2007, 12:20 PM
it was like winning the cup though

Midgit
03/06/2007, 1:46 PM
Fair play to the lad with the Tifo flag. About time we got some good flags. Really good to see it.

Sean South
03/06/2007, 2:39 PM
I'll have a second one for the Shams game

BohsPartisan
03/06/2007, 2:54 PM
bohs and shams especially need to get their house in order and get ****in rid of those little scum "fans"....and they continued the act the **** after kick off even after the guards got involved...aside from that.....come on the bit op red, amazin stuff...roy of the rovers wouldnt have a look in!!

People in glass houses. We were causing no trouble whatsoever. Your head of security came all the way accross the pitch, giving us the fingers then physically threatened some of our fans throwing his fist about. I heard from a couple of your lads after the game that this same guy thumped a Galway fan before, so its you who needs to get your house in order, this is the most unproffessional security operation I have ever witnessed. We are making an official complaint against your man Oliver and there were plenty of witnesses.

As for the game, fair play you deserved it.

neutrino
03/06/2007, 5:59 PM
People in glass houses. We were causing no trouble whatsoever. Your head of security came all the way accross the pitch, giving us the fingers then physically threatened some of our fans throwing his fist about. I heard from a couple of your lads after the game that this same guy thumped a Galway fan before, so its you who needs to get your house in order, this is the most unproffessional security operation I have ever witnessed. We are making an official complaint against your man Oliver and there were plenty of witnesses.

indeed BohsPartisan you are spot on !! after all the talk of stewards on this forum and yet another game where something happens. our "head" steward should be removed from the club before he causes any more trouble. inciting supporters is disgraceful. i believe a note was taken by the garda there so this wont be the end of it. :mad: our own stewards dont even like the man.

also why was there a fence in the jinks avenue. if the stand was only for bohs fans there's no need and it causes more of a security risk than whatever it's trying to prevent.

apart from all of that great result for us. great night to be in showgrounds. hopefully we can put a run together now.

BohsPartisan
03/06/2007, 6:02 PM
Yeah, in my rant I forgot to mention that the rest of your stewards were ok. One of the came and shook hands with us as we were clapping off the team, this was before the incident with Oliver.

Soper
03/06/2007, 9:56 PM
Props to whoever was outside the Boh$ dressing room at half time drowning out Costanzas team talk

Red4Eva
03/06/2007, 10:11 PM
P W D L GF GA Pts

Peers 7 5 0 1 10 4 15
No Peers 7 0 1 7 2 17 1

Total 14 5 1 8 12 21 16

BohsPartisan
03/06/2007, 11:12 PM
They shouldn't be at that but over enthusiastic celebrating hardly amounts to a riot now does it?

SligoBrewer
03/06/2007, 11:45 PM
dick brush gets bohs approval

linky here! click me! (http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2774&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=97)

BohsPartisan
03/06/2007, 11:55 PM
dick brush gets bohs approval

linky here! click me! (http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2774&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=97)

Yeah, have to say, laughed when I saw that. :D

avvenalaf
04/06/2007, 12:02 AM
Red4eva - bit of editing required but your point is well made. While you're making it I must say that I was hugely critical of Perrs last season as a right full. I felt his winger was getting down the line too easily and that he was too inclined to drift into the centre. Now I know why. He has been outstanding since he moved in nad it may be heresy to say it but I cannot understand how Micky Mc kept Jamie McKenzie out of the side last season. (Oh, wait now, wasn't Sean Connor manager last season)

red bellied
04/06/2007, 1:18 AM
Peers is definetely holding the centre half position this season. Anytime he hasnt played the goals against ?

Da Real Rover
04/06/2007, 3:56 PM
ok great result.....went mad myself, but to say it was "the best feeling ever", and "like winning the cup final" is just a tad OTT!massive victory, but id still take the cup or a high finish over that.....beating bohs in the final of course!!:D:D
i think the bohz tv video length tells the whole story...just the goals and thats it,cause they#d be there all night showing our chances!!

No i disagree, was like winning a cup final. The buzz and passion behind it all, what a game. 1 of the best iv ever been to.

First
05/06/2007, 4:09 PM
Props to whoever was outside the Boh$ dressing room at half time drowning out Costanzas team talk

I had the "pleasure" of having to pass this bunch of pre-pubesent idiots as I headed down from the stand at half-time with my 6 year old daughter for a coke and a bag of chips.This is one of the most ridiculous things i have seen and have to say that I was disgusted with what I saw and heard. Bad enough that before the game the announcer asked for some thought and common sense because of the large number of young kids but there were 2 stewards standing not 10 feet from this group and when I said that this carry on will really make this a family friendly club I was told there was nothing they could do.

I can understand that the atmosphere was heightened by the oppsition and the history with Sean Connor but I have to say that it was disgusting, embarrassing and for a club that is looking at improving its shaky foundations, the self appointed vocal pieces who beleive that everyone in their vicinity should have to be subjected to their bile would want to look at themselves and see the potential damage they are causing.

Secondly this was encountered also in the stand with some other neantherthals whose abuse towards the lines man in the second half would warrant a total investigation if any of these quys were sleeping with his sister. The lack of knowledge of the rules of the game and especially the offsde rule makes you wonder if these people actually know what they were looking at or is it an excuse to vent the type of laungage that is not a part of most peoples intellect. Are these people like this at all times or is the mob element to much for them to resist. Sadly, I was planning on becoming a regular visitor to the Showgrounds but as with most things about Sligo the mob element rules and really gives a bad impression of the town as a whole.

On the matter of the Bohs suppoters yes they too have their idiots and a few of them let the greater whole down but I have to say that from where I was sitting at the end of the game it was clear to me that one of the stewards was doing his utmost with his hand jestures, to rile an already stupid situation .

The people on the forum like to go on about Irishness and its love of their local clubs and how there is a need to have its own uniqueness , well I think that there is no uniqueness in the EL , there is an element in it that have been totally anglosised even down to the chants that I heard on Staurday , I may as well have been at any football ground in England , all that changed were the names that were inserted.

FFS people and you know if I am referring to you it is a football game not a life or death issue.,and have some thought for the people like myself who love to watch football for what it should be entertainment and would like to pass this love to our kids without having to censor that enjoyment. There is enough **** in the world that we try to shield our kids from.:(

roversforever
05/06/2007, 4:25 PM
I had the "pleasure" of having to pass this bunch of pre-pubesent idiots as I headed down from the stand at half-time with my 6 year old daughter for a coke and a bag of chips.This is one of the most ridiculous things i have seen and have to say that I was disgusted with what I saw and heard. Bad enough that before the game the announcer asked for some thought and common sense because of the large number of young kids but there were 2 stewards standing not 10 feet from this group and when I said that this carry on will really make this a family friendly club I was told there was nothing they could do.

I can understand that the atmosphere was heightened by the oppsition and the history with Sean Connor but I have to say that it was disgusting, embarrassing and for a club that is looking at improving its shaky foundations, the self appointed vocal pieces who beleive that everyone in their vicinity should have to be subjected to their bile would want to look at themselves and see the potential damage they are causing.

Secondly this was encountered also in the stand with some other neantherthals whose abuse towards the lines man in the second half would warrant a total investigation if any of these quys were sleeping with his sister. The lack of knowledge of the rules of the game and especially the offsde rule makes you wonder if these people actually know what they were looking at or is it an excuse to vent the type of laungage that is not a part of most peoples intellect. Are these people like this at all times or is the mob element to much for them to resist. Sadly, I was planning on becoming a regular visitor to the Showgrounds but as with most things about Sligo the mob element rules and really gives a bad impression of the town as a whole.

On the matter of the Bohs suppoters yes they too have their idiots and a few of them let the greater whole down but I have to say that from where I was sitting at the end of the game it was clear to me that one of the stewards was doing his utmost with his hand jestures, to rile an already stupid situation .

The people on the forum like to go on about Irishness and its love of their local clubs and how there is a need to have its own uniqueness , well I think that there is no uniqueness in the EL , there is an element in it that have been totally anglosised even down to the chants that I heard on Staurday , I may as well have been at any football ground in England , all that changed were the names that were inserted.

FFS people and you know if I am referring to you it is a football game not a life or death issue.,and have some thought for the people like myself who love to watch football for what it should be entertainment and would like to pass this love to our kids without having to censor that enjoyment. There is enough **** in the world that we try to shield our kids from.:(

you were at a football match,what do you expect???for the first time in a long time there was a great atmosphere in the showgrounds...ah i suppose you can't please everyone.

Royal rover
05/06/2007, 4:36 PM

the truth is this is happening everywhere, it's nothing to do with Irishness or anything else - this is just today's youth and the celtic tiger - i saw the same idiots roaring abuse at Geraghty in the hill on sunday - so i take your point on how some are becoming more anglosised - here's a bit of advice i suggest you go to croker on the 17th and witness the new uniqueness that is irish sport in general

Docboy
05/06/2007, 5:40 PM
- i saw the same idiots roaring abuse at Geraghty in the hill on sunday - so i take your point on how some are becoming more anglosised - here's a bit of advice i suggest you go to croker on the 17th and witness the new uniqueness that is irish sport in general

In fairness I reckon Geraghty deserves a large portion of that abuse given the amount of off the ball incidents he's been involved in down through the years. And he's one of those players who thrives off it, similar to Mulligan from Tyrone. But yea, there's a lot of clowns out there.

SligoBrewer
05/06/2007, 5:46 PM
In fairness I reckon Geraghty deserves a large portion of that abuse given the amount of off the ball incidents he's been involved in down through the years. And he's one of those players who thrives off it, similar to Mulligan from Tyrone. But yea, there's a lot of clowns out there.

AAAAAGH! GAA TALK!

BAN THIS MAN!:mad:

Midgit
05/06/2007, 6:34 PM
FFS people and you know if I am referring to you it is a football game not a life or death issue, and have some thought for the people like myself who love to watch football for what it should be entertainment and would like to pass this love to our kids without having to censor that enjoyment. There is enough **** in the world that we try to shield our kids from.:(

You see that is what is different between you and most of the people at the game on saterday. That game was more than life or death (And no matter what you say will change that) for most of the fans at that game. He was the fellow we came and we watched manage our team every week and he stabbed the club we love in the back!
I can understand where you are coming from but that game was the one all of us were relishing for some time. And if you came for a good day out with your daughter maybe you should do a bit more research into the game you travel too. Drogheda midweek was fine no problem whatsoever, maybe that would have been a better choice.

sligoman
05/06/2007, 6:55 PM
To top it all off, Bohs should get a fine of about €100 for the mis-conduct of their players, 7 players yellow carded:).

Soper
05/06/2007, 7:15 PM
I used to sit in the old red stand when I was in Sligo, swearing my f-ing head off at 8 years of age (much to the constination of others I may add), getting behind my team. Others did this too, in what would be described as a 'family stand', and it has done me no harm. It is life and death to some people, and long may that continue. Good to see that some people in Sligo aren't all wrapped up in consumerism and other such rubbish.

So, good on the lads who did it. I would've joined in if I had gone. It's people like you that provide the team with the support of a twelfth man, something that other clubs in this division could only hope for.

Tir Oilean
05/06/2007, 7:24 PM

Ah Mr Davey strikes again. Thought he was banned. Do the FAI not have a register of stewards who have completed the course? If so they should be able to ban people from stewarding as well. The guy is an ass ole.

Soper
05/06/2007, 7:46 PM
If people are so concerned about any of our stewards, then why not tell people who care, rather than boring/baiting people on the internet

roversforever
05/06/2007, 7:51 PM
glad to see everybody is in agreement about this First fellah!sorry mate but most of us here were throwing abuse at sean connor and he deserved every bit of it. this was the biggest game of the season for us.to be honest i think your out of order trying to criticise the regulars, people who support their club through thick and thin when u've only been to one game.nobody likes sunshine supporters but when they try to critice the real fans its too much for us. you say you want to pass your love of the game onto your kids..well can i ask you one question, where did you get your love of the game?id suggest it was from watching games on television because if you attended games you might know that chanting and banter is part of football and happens at every game all over the world.if you didn't like it don't come back..we have enough people sitting in silence in that new stand without another one.

sligoman
05/06/2007, 11:22 PM
As said by the chairman in tonight's meeting, if you have a problem with a steward, or in this case, Oliver Davey, "Leave it til the next day after you've calmed down, write it down in black and white and sign your name to it and send it into the club. Then it will be discussed at the next board meeting."

sligoman
06/06/2007, 11:44 AM
SligomanPlease don't drag me into this. He's Rogue Trader, not sligoman:p.

First, do you mind me asking, what part of the ground were you sitting in on Saturday?

MyTown
06/06/2007, 12:00 PM
I realise that as a Galway supporter I am regarded as an unwelcome intruder on your forum, but fair play First. I'm with you all the way here.

The lack of imagination shown by the football fans in this country is laughable , why are the chants that we are so accustomed to as part of the English being regurgated through out Ireland.

No, I don't have an EL team to follow in Clare but I do follow my local juniour club and do understand the passion that this brings , this is not a monopoly by towns and cities that have EL clubs. Also yes I know what live football looks and sound likes from under 8 to CL and yes I can at times be a barstooler watching Everton and having an opinion on that, but I will also go and watch a game down in the local park. The whole point is that this is my right and to have the rite to enjoy this with whoever I choose without having anybody interfere and on this occasion this right was tainted by what I can and will only describe as idiots whose passion for their club is portrayed in a a manner that is at least sad.

Right again First - although our own supporters have been praised on recent trips for a few original chants relating to our water crisis

And the apparently unanimous view that you should have taken your child to a less contentious fixture is unfair IMO. The Chairman alleges that summer soccer is killing his teams chances of surviving financially by adversely affecting attendances and the supporters tell you you shouldn't bring your child to the game:confused:

I wonder how they'll feel when the current generation of children grow up and have no interest in supporting their local sides and teams are wound up a la Dublin City et al?

There seems to be very little sympathy amongst the Sligo faithful for your points of view First, but as a parent, I feel the points you made were all valid.

sligoman
06/06/2007, 12:05 PM
AFAIK Sligoman is a steward at the Showgrounds, yet he sees no contradiction in posting that the opposing manager was lucky to escape a bottling. A true disciple of the Event Controller I would have thought for posting something that aggressive.You may have deleted the above now but be a man and apologise to me as I said no such thing. Read before you post stupid things!
In the first half I was at the end of the stand , at the end ye scored . In the second half I was at the opposite end of the stand.
Sorry I don't know the names of the areas .Well been down the end of the red stand was a bad place to go with a child. Why didn't you go to the beginning of that stand as was suggested to you on here before hand?