PDA

View Full Version : Ref + Rovers 1-0 Dominant Bray

Green&whitearmy
02/06/2007, 11:44 AM
What a game?? I have never seen Bray dominate a game like that before in my life, it was great and unbelievable. We had at least 75% of the possession and all the chances but just could not score, they had 1 chance, scored, and won........ Everyone played well, they are playing brilliant at the minute, they have really gelled well. If we had a goalscorer/poacher we would have won easily. Rovers were nothing special, and the fans singing 'we're going to win the league', dream on!!!

Mr Winters!! What a joke. So many decisions wrong. Danny O'Connor, it was an absolute joke he stayed on the pitch after those 2 tackles. Mr Winters you bottled it big time. It is a mans game, not a game for pu$$ies. Every fair shoulder resulted in a free for Rovers, Delaney getting raped in the box and then he gives a free to rovers, Absolute disgrace!!.

By the way the rovers phsyio was very good looking:D:D:D

What do Rovers fans think of this??

Well done lads, great game. Keep up the good work..

thedoyler
02/06/2007, 12:05 PM
Couldnt agree more we made a rovers team on a fantastic run look distinctly average, I was at the game with my cousins who are rovers fans and they said that was possibly the best performance against them this year in terms of domination and chances created, the lads are playing great and we cant complain with effort like that, dissapointed with franco's attitude coming off however. We are a good striker away from being a very good side, the players are young and hungry, we just dont have that 15 goal striker yet like eamo was or jayo. I think we can win the cup this year, i dont think any team is that much better than us that we should be worried.

dublinwanderer
02/06/2007, 1:17 PM
completely agree, if we had a goalscorer we would have won that game easily. Rovers are nothing special, i was more impressed with galway!! the ref was shocking - o'connor shud have walked and some of those decisions wher extremely confusing and fustrating- worst ref display ever even worse imo than feighery in the cup semi in 2000... should winters be even refereeing bray games as he lives no more than 15 mins away from the carlisle????

hoops1
02/06/2007, 1:24 PM
Have to agree Bray were the better side. The breaks and decisions did go Rovers way. Rovers to tend to invite teams on to them so maybe you werent as dominant as you think. Bray did seem to have a decent shout for one or tw penalties. The only reason I can think of them not being giving is that Delaney does a lot of pulling and dragging in the box aswell.. After two wins
against Drogheda and Cork with good performances from a young side and alot of energy used, Last nights game was for winning regardless of how we played

bray boy
02/06/2007, 4:04 PM
did we win???no...... wasnt there but from wat im hearing we were very good but there is a fine line between wining and losing we still have to cross it but there is definatly very good prospects ahead i think we still need a bit of work but the cup is looking like a realistic goal weve gotton a decent draw so far..............

superfrank
02/06/2007, 4:27 PM
Sound slike it was a good performance but I have to ask where are yez all getting this belief that we'll win the cup. Every team has a chance of winning it.

I really don't understand how we are a striker away from being "a very good side" or how we shouldn't be over-wprried about other teams. Granted I missed last night's match and we've won the last two games but they were against two very poor sides, on the day, and even then we weren't exactly outstanding ourselves. We are an efficient side at the moment. We can get the job done but I do think better organised sides, like Rovers, can beat us as they did.

I'd love to be as optimistic as everyone else but putting things in perspective, it was two wins against two poor sides. We drew with Longford before that for God's sake and now we've lost to a clearly better organised team. And like Eddie said when he took over: There's no such thing as a moral victory.

bray boy
02/06/2007, 4:34 PM
ye i think ppl dont realise that we didnt win the game we got no points nothing

thedoyler
02/06/2007, 8:48 PM
Well god forbid a fan might have a bit of optimism for his team, especially after last season. If we'd beaten rovers which we should have we'd have amassed the same total in 12 games as we did in the whole of last season. The cup hope is based on the fact that the other teams above arent all that special and we're playing a lot better recently. We have a good side, with a bit more luck we could have had 6 or so more points.

Sam Savic
02/06/2007, 9:56 PM
Bray may have deserved something from the game. However, their dominance only produced 2 chances in the whole game.
Regarding the crowd: Only 34 travelling fans. Considering we brought about 1000 to Bray. We could have done with more of your money. Not much point either in bringing drums when all they do is make noise and drown out the handful of fans. Drums are OK if you have a few hundred fans.

Hulsey
04/06/2007, 8:33 PM
Winter= Weak, bottling w@nker. While he didn't cost us the game, he certainly aided Rovers. How O'Conner got 3 chances after he got booked for trying to take someones leg off is anyones guess. Hope it's the last we see of him. End of rant

NY Hoop
05/06/2007, 11:17 AM
Couldnt disagree about Bray being unfortunate not to take something from the game.

2 things though. Could not believe the travelling support. 34 in all fairness is pathetic. Also we were forced to play in our away gear cos Bray only turned up with one set of jersies.

KOH

jonboy
05/06/2007, 2:10 PM
Couldnt agree more we made a rovers team on a fantastic run look distinctly average, I was at the game with my cousins who are rovers fans and they said that was possibly the best performance against them this year in terms of domination and chances created, the lads are playing great and we cant complain with effort like that, dissapointed with franco's attitude coming off however. We are a good striker away from being a very good side, the players are young and hungry, we just dont have that 15 goal striker yet like eamo was or jayo. I think we can win the cup this year, i dont think any team is that much better than us that we should be worried.

agree with most of what you say but i found the substitution of franco very strange he was winning free's and holdin the ball up well foxy played well but was knackered by 60th min, all mccabe did was run in a straight line and made the defenders job easy, all in all we should've got a point and rovers should've had 10 men for the second half

swano
05/06/2007, 7:22 PM
Agree that Bray were the better team but I don't know where this idea of you having loads of chances comes from. I remember Murphy making one good save and nothing else of note. Fair play to Bray though, a much improved team since we played you in Bray.

Hulsey
06/06/2007, 12:55 PM
Agree that Bray were the better team but I don't know where this idea of you having loads of chances comes from. I remember Murphy making one good save and nothing else of note. Fair play to Bray though, a much improved team since we played you in Bray.

We had a good few chances but the cack finishing made it look like we had less. If we had a real poacher could have won comfortably.

Grey Boy
06/06/2007, 5:48 PM
Couldnt disagree about Bray being unfortunate not to take something from the game.

2 things though. Could not believe the travelling support. 34 in all fairness is pathetic. Also we were forced to play in our away gear cos Bray only turned up with one set of jersies.

KOH

It's a shame we've ended back into the bottom 3 after our last few performances.

I was really suprised that we didn't bring a few more with us than approx 34. Fair play to the singers, you lot did'nt stop all night, although the blonde pyshio deserved a bit more respect than you gave her, having said that the Rovers fans gave her more stick.

Anyone know more about the jerseys, did we possibly forget Rovers colours?

dublinwanderer
06/06/2007, 9:08 PM
shocking away support i think alot of people are losing interest or bottled it going to a rovers game...

mightyseagull
07/06/2007, 12:30 PM
shocking away support i think alot of people are losing interest or bottled it going to a rovers game...

shocking home support shocking away support something needs to be done.

Me personally didnt travel to that game because i would not of felt safe leaving my car parked up at a rovers game and the bus aint for me as i get home from work to late

Joe Strummer
07/06/2007, 4:42 PM
Looks like Bray deliberately brought a strip that would clash with Rovers. Check out the last paragraph!!

http://http://homepage.eircom.net/~hoops/bray.jpg

Bray Head
08/06/2007, 9:52 AM
Bray have always played in white jerseys away to Rovers. Seems that the ref was the one who would not allowe Rovers play this time in green & white due to the colour clash.

swano
08/06/2007, 10:15 AM
shocking home support shocking away support something needs to be done.

Me personally didnt travel to that game because i would not of felt safe leaving my car parked up at a rovers game and the bus aint for me as i get home from work to late

Are you serious:confused:I haven't heard anything about damage caused to any property at any of our home games for years. Out of interest would you drive to a game in Dalymount for a game?

swano
14/06/2007, 11:43 AM
No answer? Guess you weren't serious so.

mightyseagull
14/06/2007, 12:20 PM
Are you serious:confused:I haven't heard anything about damage caused to any property at any of our home games for years. Out of interest would you drive to a game in Dalymount for a game?

sorry about the delay in reply.

No i would not drive to the Dalymount either. nothing against the majority of supporters but all it take is 1 d1ck to start something and dont get wrong either bray can also be very dodge at the best of times. just look at the Bray v Bohs game earlier this year