PDA

View Full Version : Hancock

GavinZac
01/06/2007, 11:56 PM
Disgrace tonight. Overall, he made a lot of bad calls, pretty indiscriminately against both teams, but we had more possession so I think it just showed more on us.
However, the goal has to rank up there with some of the ludicrous decisions last year. He called a free for a nothing challenge - called a Cork player over, then allowed derry to take the quick free. never mind that nobody had their eyes on the ball, not least the linesman, who didnt spot farren - apparently, as i was also watching what the ref would say, rather than even acknowledging he might leave the play go, apparently offside.

After stokes in our last home game I was hoping we might have a little bit less of a clown in black. Hancock however, was back to his 1999 'best'.

In this day and age, can our league do without professional referees? A lot of them cant even keep up with the fitter players of today.

BohsFans
02/06/2007, 12:54 AM
RRS

:p

bholg
02/06/2007, 1:45 AM
watched the match.. fairly awful ref allright. many many yellow cards.
Question tho... is it a sponsors joke to make them have "feel the difference" written across their ar$eholes? - if so - hillarious
didnt know mates would have an interest in the ol' EL

lofty9
02/06/2007, 9:48 AM
Nothing challenge? Definite free kick. You weren't complaining about Hancock in the semi final game a few years ago at the cross when he gave a penalty in injury time for a challenge that you would deem as a nothing one by Stephen O Flynn. The only query you could have on the goal is that the ball may have been moving when McGlynn took the free kick. Anyhow, isn't the onus on your defence to keep their concentration at all times? Not Hancocks fault that dozy Dan switched off and let the quickest striker in the league get free on goal

Risteard
02/06/2007, 11:09 AM
It wasn't offside at all.
The ball was rolling but thats always let go anyway.
Ken Oman is a knacker and i'd have had no objections if some yob stumbled on to the pitch and decked him.
What was Greg O'Halloran doing at half-time?
City lacking the goalscoring edge again but i like the line-up that started last night. Optimistic for the future.
As for the linesman. Couldn't keep up with the game at all and when he did, missed incidents right in front of him.
I think refereeing standards might be going backwards again.

Dazzy
02/06/2007, 11:39 AM
That linesman in front of us was ****e, the only time he was up to speed was at free kicks.

trevy
02/06/2007, 11:52 AM
Neil Doyle from Dublin was a joke at the Waterford United v UCD game tonight.I wouldn't argue over the two penalties but he disallowed a goal by us when we were 2-1 down for no obvious reason.If anything it was a foul by the UCD defender who was all over Harte's back.Then he allowed the UCD keeper catch the ball well outside his box:rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
02/06/2007, 2:20 PM
Neil Doyle from Dublin was a joke at the Waterford United v UCD game tonight.I wouldn't argue over the two penalties but he disallowed a goal by us when we were 2-1 down for no obvious reason.If anything it was a foul by the UCD defender who was all over Harte's back.Then he allowed the UCD keeper catch the ball well outside his box:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: Harte jumped into the defender's back when jumping for the header. It was a blatant foul. Do you think the ref made a mistake about the keeper catching the ball? The ref was 2 yards away directly in line with the edge of the box. The ball was clearly on the line.

superfrank
02/06/2007, 4:10 PM
Now I know a lot of these accusations against the ref are warranted but when refs get the dog's abuse that they do it's no wonder very few people want to become one. It's a waste of there time. Would you want to be running around for ninety minutes a week and getting abuse from fans and players anytime you make a decision, whether it's wrong or not?

They made not be right all the time but that's all we've got. The only other solution would be busing them in from another country. :rolleyes: As for professional referees, let's focus on having a fully professional league first.

blue til i die
02/06/2007, 6:29 PM
:rolleyes: Harte jumped into the defender's back when jumping for the header. It was a blatant foul. Do you think the ref made a mistake about the keeper catching the ball? The ref was 2 yards away directly in line with the edge of the box. The ball was clearly on the line.

u must be joking me!! the defender was all over Harte,no way was it a free out, bloody joke of a ref. The keepers feet were meters outside the area so i'd love to know how he kept his arms and the ball inside??:rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
02/06/2007, 11:33 PM
u must be joking me!! the defender was all over Harte,no way was it a free out, bloody joke of a ref. The keepers feet were meters outside the area so i'd love to know how he kept his arms and the ball inside??:rolleyes:
Harte clearly jumped into McNally as he jumped for the ball.

Gregg clearly held the ball inside the box despite standing outside. Try stretching your arms out and see how they are a yard away from your feet.:rolleyes:

blue til i die
03/06/2007, 11:04 AM
Harte clearly jumped into McNally as he jumped for the ball.

Gregg clearly held the ball inside the box despite standing outside. Try stretching your arms out and see how they are a yard away from your feet.:rolleyes:

Were u watchin it?? Harte didnt jump anywhere!
Are Gregg's arms 2 meters long??

Martinho II
03/06/2007, 12:31 PM
hancock has never being a favourite of the town support. we have our own chant in honour of him:

theres only one :)**** in hancock! one **** in hancock! theres only **** in hancock!

DmanDmythDledge
03/06/2007, 1:48 PM
So he headed the ball without jumping? He's a midget- no way he could have done that, or outjumped McNally for that matter. The push was obvious- get over it.

Gregg clearly kept the ball inside the box. The ref was 2 yards away from it directly in line.

You lost- get over it. You're just embarrasing yourself at this stage.

Sonic
03/06/2007, 6:04 PM
The referees in this league are by and large absolutely terrible to that there is no doubt. But in my opinion they are no where near the poor standard of linesmen in this league. Very few if any can keep up with the play. Its hilarious because if you didnt laugh you would cry at the amount of times they will flag offside just because they cant keep up with the defensive line. A certain goal was averted a couple of weeks ago for us v derry cos the linesman flagged off when mooney was at the least 5 yards on. As wella as that the referee cant see everything which means the linesmen should be calling more penalty decisions. Alot of the time the refs get the flack for a few dodgy line decisions as well which is unfair.

colblimp
03/06/2007, 7:21 PM
It wasn't offside at all.
I think refereeing standards might be going backwards again.

I disagree with that, surely standards have to go forwards to be able go back?:confused:

Risteard
03/06/2007, 7:50 PM
No, ten years ago i remember seeing consistently poor refereeing decisions and I thought then that it would pay to be a sneaky cheating team or a filthy team.
Credit where its due, Its been nothing like that before this season for the past four years.

I honestly thought we were being well served apart from Ian Stokes who regularly gets it wrong, ruins the flow of every game and seems determined to bring attention to himself.
He's undoubtedly a poor official and i suspect most fans would agree.

A face
03/06/2007, 9:42 PM
Lads, i think we all know at this stage that Hancock is brutal. Its a given at this stage. Just expect it an get on with it is the best thing to do, its not like anyone can do anything about it .... they dont have to answer to anyone so its not going to change .... ever.

Anto McC
03/06/2007, 9:56 PM
Try drop down a division and see the refs there,they make Hancock look like Collina

Schumi
03/06/2007, 10:02 PM
they make Hancock look like Collina
:eek: How hairy can they be?

Poor Student
03/06/2007, 10:14 PM

Do you know how long two metres are? I don't know if Gregg's feet were within the line but his arms and hands were and as Dman has pointed out, he doesn't have two metre arms.

Dazzy
04/06/2007, 1:07 AM
But in my opinion they are no where near the poor standard of linesmen in this league. Very few if any can keep up with the play. Its hilarious because if you didnt laugh you would cry at the amount of times they will flag offside just because they cant keep up with the defensive line. A certain goal was averted a couple of weeks ago for us v derry cos the linesman flagged off when mooney was at the least 5 yards on. As wella as that the referee cant see everything which means the linesmen should be calling more penalty decisions.

They always wait too for the ref to decide which team has won the throw ins also before they flag, it seems most of the time they arnt even paying attention to the game.

Réiteoir
04/06/2007, 11:25 AM
They always wait too for the ref to decide which team has won the throw ins also before they flag, it seems most of the time they arnt even paying attention to the game.

i'll see if i can dig out an example of the Pre-Match Instructions typically given by the referee before each match.

blue til i die
04/06/2007, 6:20 PM
So he headed the ball without jumping? He's a midget- no way he could have done that, or outjumped McNally for that matter. The push was obvious- get over it.

Gregg clearly kept the ball inside the box. The ref was 2 yards away from it directly in line.

You lost- get over it. You're just embarrasing yourself at this stage.

u obviously werent watching it then,because he didn't head the ball, unless his head is on his foot!:D
i accept we lost, we were terrible,but if it was the other way around, you'd be complaining!

DmanDmythDledge
04/06/2007, 6:22 PM
u obviously werent watching it then,because he didn't head the ball, unless his head is on his foot!:D
i accept we lost, we were terrible,but if it was the other way around, you'd be complaining!
:confused:WTF he headed the bloody ball!

I wouldn't be complaining as the decisions made were correct.:rolleyes:

Sonic
04/06/2007, 6:52 PM
I think i speak for everyone when i say you guys should just agree to disagree on this!!

pete
04/06/2007, 7:55 PM
I will await the tv pictures before I make a judgement on this but I was very confused as thought the ref called a free kick but he also appeared to allow Derry the advantage... :confused:

Referees never allow free kicks to be taken when the ball is rolling & they also never allow when taken behind their backs as they can't tell if the ball was rolling. That is a basic law of the game.

Even more annoying was the way he called City back from taken quick free kick when ball was stopped but maybe 5 yards to the left of when supposed to me taken.

:mad:

Risteard
05/06/2007, 3:43 AM
Ye can make your own minds up on the rolling ball 55 minutes into Sacar Beo (http://www.tg4.tv/default.aspx).
Clink on the sport tab on the left.

razor
05/06/2007, 8:38 AM
There was only a mere 4 problems with that goal
1. It was never a free.
2. The "free" was taken at least 6 yards from where the alleged "foul" took place.
3. The ball was moving.
4. Farren was offside. The rapidity of the free meant the fat linesman was unable to keep up with play.
Ridden Rock Solid is right. :mad:

NY Hoop
05/06/2007, 11:03 AM
Ah Hancock the genius who didnt bother inspecting the nets in oriel and gave a goal kick when we scored many moons ago:eek:

KOH

pete
05/06/2007, 3:27 PM
2. The "free" was taken at least 6 yards from where the alleged "foul" took place.
3. The ball was moving.

From the tv pictures its 100% clear that ball was moving & ahead of the place where foul given.

:(

Can't tell from pictures if he was onside or off.

razor
05/06/2007, 3:48 PM
Can't tell from pictures if he was onside or off.I think our Derry correspondant in the Evergreen afterwards confirmed the offside. They would have had the best view.

Risteard
05/06/2007, 5:35 PM
He was definitely ON side.
I was in line.

The other points stand.

blue til i die
05/06/2007, 9:19 PM

I wouldn't be complaining as the decisions made were correct.:rolleyes:

He didnt head the ball.

SÓC
05/06/2007, 11:32 PM
Some Refs are not too strict about frees from wrong place or rolling ball etc. Thats fine.

What annoyed me most what that in the second half Cork City took a free from a few yards left of where the foul was committed and the ref called it back. Totally inconsistant. Dan Murray rightly f-ed him out of it

DrivenDemented
06/06/2007, 11:36 AM

I don't know what game you were at..Harte hooked the ball over his shoulder into the net...with his foot!!!

Sniffer
06/06/2007, 2:31 PM
Some Refs are not too strict about frees from wrong place or rolling ball etc. Thats fine.

What annoyed me most what that in the second half Cork City took a free from a few yards left of where the foul was committed and the ref called it back. Totally inconsistant. Dan Murray rightly f-ed him out of it

Mr. Damien Hancock RRS:)

blue til i die
06/06/2007, 6:39 PM
I don't know what game you were at..Harte hooked the ball over his shoulder into the net...with his foot!!!

thank you,bout time someone agreed wit me, he obviously used his foot! so DmanDmythDledge, whenever u want to admit u were wrong, im waiting??:D

dublinwanderer
06/06/2007, 9:13 PM
we all know how bad the refs are in this league. maybe i should start a thread about richie winters he really screwd bray over on friday... maybe a mod should set up a forum on refs, or have ref watch just like tom watch or even a rating system....

DmanDmythDledge
06/06/2007, 10:54 PM
thank you,bout time someone agreed wit me, he obviously used his foot! so DmanDmythDledge, whenever u want to admit u were wrong, im waiting??:D
that proves nothing.

Dr.Nightdub
07/06/2007, 1:16 AM
Tuite the Twit obviously watched a lot of Serie A, if that's who you're thinking of.

Réiteoir
07/06/2007, 6:46 AM
we all know how bad the refs are in this league. maybe i should start a thread about richie winters he really screwd bray over on friday... maybe a mod should set up a forum on refs, or have ref watch just like tom watch or even a rating system....

The only drawback with doing that kind of thing is you'd get a load of threads of the ilk of your second sentence above.

It'll only provoke ill-informed rants and all sorts of stuff. If we kept it sensible and non-partizan then maybe we would stand a chance

Unfortunately - I don't think that would happen...