PDA

View Full Version : Harps 3-0 L37

Pages : [1] 2

Monkfish
01/06/2007, 9:23 PM
For those talking about cup runs and league play offs this should be just a little reminder to calm down a bit. Cobh only taking a point against Kilkenny is the only good thing to come from tonight.
Oh ya, just a quick reminder to a certain couple of people who went up tonight that il be seeing you in 2 weeks, hope your still laughing then.

gael353
02/06/2007, 2:53 AM
Well we were shocking. Missing Keady and Goldby didnt seem to be there either, team want helped by crap bus service arriving bout an hour before the game. TIme to bring in new players but some about 5/6 will have to go.

Bring in:Bourke, Harrington, O'Boyle, Barrett and Hartnett to go with Colbert and Kelliher.

Put out...ill leave ye fill in the rest

As for laughing, i was in stitches at your responce to our gag @)

Team:
Ryan 5 White 5 Purcell 7 Finni 6 Buckley 6
Moloney 6 Hayes 4(McCarthy 4) Molan 6 (Cosgrove 4) Waters 7 Wall 6 Moran 6 (Sheehan 7) Unused subs Healy and Danagher

Monkfish
02/06/2007, 4:15 AM
So you think throwing away a present that was given to me by my nephew 2 years ago is funny? lets see you smile next time i see you. Oh yes i case i forget, Ken from the Still House will be wondering where his donation to the S.C. is in 2 weeks, and my father has been on to me about a few programmes and fanzines that were given to you for use for our fanzines, as far as i know Mr Noonan has not got any of these despite the fact they have been in your hands for nearly two years now.

progress
02/06/2007, 1:29 PM
Well we were shocking. Missing Keady and Goldby didnt seem to be there either, team want helped by crap bus service arriving bout an hour before the game. TIme to bring in new players but some about 5/6 will have to go.

Bring in:Bourke, Harrington, O'Boyle, Barrett and Hartnett to go with Colbert and Kelliher.

Put out...ill leave ye fill in the rest

As for laughing, i was in stitches at your responce to our gag @)

Team:
Ryan 5 White 5 Purcell 7 Finni 6 Buckley 6
Moloney 6 Hayes 4(McCarthy 4) Molan 6 (Cosgrove 4) Waters 7 Wall 6 Moran 6 (Sheehan 7) Unused subs Healy and Danagher

Its easily said but i dont think ye can hand pick who ye want to play for the club by taking players from junior clubs when it suits. i know this debate will drag on but junior clubs in limerick wont see any success nationally in the future if the best young players are continually taken and then end up stuck playing in the poxy U21 league, which in my opinion is a complete waste of time anyway.

LFC in Exile
02/06/2007, 1:51 PM
Monkfish warned that this result shouold mean we don't get carried away with play-off hopes, but also one defeat and bad perfrormance does not suddenly make us fodder. We are still third and 9 points ahead of fourth. Lets not get carried away on the downside either from one result, where we rarely win anyway.

As for gutting the team as Gael suggests - well, the same team has got us where we are.:ball:

gael353
02/06/2007, 9:37 PM
Its easily said but i dont think ye can hand pick who ye want to play for the club by taking players from junior clubs when it suits.

Mot of the players id like to see with Limerick 37 want to play with Limerick 37, and most were senior players already.

And as LFC IN EXILE says im not gutting the team, about seven of the squad have no place near a senior team and were put together as a rush job, now we have had time, say thank you and enhance the squad with quality, Local cost effective players such as....Ex under 21 player Darren Harrington, Ex Limerick fc players Keith Harnett, John O'Boyle, Ger Bourke, Tommy Barrett (and if unavialable Pat McGarry or Carroll at Janesboro. There are many more who want to play with the 37. No point IMO bringing down players from galway or athone if they cant make the team or have their eqivilent playing locally. Pretty soon we should yet again have an under 21 team with more quality comming tru. Some of our existing senior squad are too old for 21s and not good enough to get into our rushed together senior team. So, do we keep them? And the players mentioned above, Robbie and Wayne are joining too so our squad could be very strong with a good midfield as opposed to our strong back four with one striker that we have now. Plus i think we need to shed one of our three keepers.

gael353
03/06/2007, 12:58 PM
So you think throwing away a present that was given to me by my nephew 2 years ago is funny? lets see you smile next time i see you. Oh yes i case i forget, Ken from the Still House will be wondering where his donation to the S.C. is in 2 weeks, and my father has been on to me about a few programmes and fanzines that were given to you for use for our fanzines, as far as i know Mr Noonan has not got any of these despite the fact they have been in your hands for nearly two years now.

Right you put this up so i will respond to it. First up nothing was thrown away and you have your wires crossed seriously there mate. Cop on! No one has forgotten the rather nice present that ken gave the Suppoorters club or did he give it to you as a personel gift? (A club crested bowran) but as its merly ornamental someone had to put it in there car and its there ever since. You may put it in your car should you wish.
THe old programmes you gave me to use "if you like" are in a box with all other old fanzine stuff. (i have no value on these items) This was two years ago you gave me them btw and at the time i was unable to scan poorly faded print so they were unused. Thank you for rem though as i had forgotten about them altogether but i shall, if you like pass them onto the present fanzine editor to see can he do anything with them.

If anyone has any item of sentimental value and gives it/them to the Supporters club or they are seen as "theirs", then dont give them. Now you have my number, get in touch if you feel agrieved with my responce or you would like me to give any items of personel value back to you.

Monkfish
03/06/2007, 4:53 PM
Right you put this up so i will respond to it. First up nothing was thrown away and you have your wires crossed seriously there mate. Cop on! No one has forgotten the rather nice present that ken gave the Suppoorters club or did he give it to you as a personel gift? (A club crested bowran) but as its merly ornamental someone had to put it in there car and its there ever since. You may put it in your car should you wish.
THe old programmes you gave me to use "if you like" are in a box with all other old fanzine stuff. (i have no value on these items) This was two years ago you gave me them btw and at the time i was unable to scan poorly faded print so they were unused. Thank you for rem though as i had forgotten about them altogether but i shall, if you like pass them onto the present fanzine editor to see can he do anything with them.

If anyone has any item of sentimental value and gives it/them to the Supporters club or they are seen as "theirs", then dont give them. Now you have my number, get in touch if you feel agrieved with my responce or you would like me to give any items of personel value back to you.

1. You told me you threw it away, you lied then or you are doing it now, which is it? to even suggest and pretend to dispose of an item which was given in good faith is not on.
2. If the bodran is merely ornamental i suggest it should go back to the pub, either way it would be nice to get a picture of it for Ken, to have it disappear after 1 game is not on. (im not the only one who feels this way btw)
3. All items originally given for use for our fanzines should be passed to the current editor, I only remembered them because of a comment made on the lack of contributions.

I wouldnt have mentioned either the bodran or the programmes on here if it werent for the smart responces given on friday night ("ah sure we'll give you the fiver haha") and indeed post #2 on this thread. I case i forget, you should avoid calling people muppets on text messages just cause they dont answer your call in the middle of the day due to fact they are working nights, its not very nice.

gael353
03/06/2007, 8:11 PM
1. You told me you threw it away, you lied then or you are doing it now, which is it? to even suggest and pretend to dispose of an item which was given in good faith is not on.

Absolute toss! you rang us in an agitated state, (i thought it was cos we got hockied 3 0) we were laughing down the phone to you in good humour as we do at all these games and you hung up!

2. If the bodran is merely ornamental i suggest it should go back to the pub, either way it would be nice to get a picture of it for Ken, to have it disappear after 1 game is not on. (im not the only one who feels this way btw)

Thats a very good suggestion, and one which i would say bravo too. But to suggest that i have stolen somthing is out of order. And you a big boy please add names as to who has a problem with me.

3. All items originally given for use for our fanzines should be passed to the current editor, I only remembered them because of a comment made on the lack of contributions.

Again a good suggestion and i aplaud you on it, but as you said earlier it has been two years and believe it or not i forget things too.

I wouldnt have mentioned either the bodran or the programmes on here if it werent for the smart responces given on friday night ("ah sure we'll give you the fiver haha") and indeed post #2 on this thread. I case i forget, you should avoid calling people muppets on text messages just cause they dont answer your call in the middle of the day due to fact they are working nights, its not very nice.

Hmmm :rolleyes: The responces wernt smart they were in good humour. Again blowing things totally out of hand you higlight a text, (i could higlight your post # 1 where you threaten both Lim Till I die and myself) how bout giving me a text or ringing me as opposed to boring the good readers of foot with your (ok and mine) rubbish! Look finish this ok, if you want to continue pm me/text or call me. end of

Lim till i die
03/06/2007, 8:43 PM
Oh ya, just a quick reminder to a certain couple of people who went up tonight that il be seeing you in 2 weeks, hope your still laughing then.

Going to assume you left out a smiley face there.

I mean you didn't just threaten me on a football forum did you :rolleyes:

lets see you smile next time i see you.

There you go again. Wise Up FFS

Oh yes i case i forget, Ken from the Still House will be wondering where his donation to the S.C.

Where you left it, in the boot of Trevs car

programmes and fanzines that were given to you for use for our fanzines, as far as i know Mr Noonan has not got any of these despite the fact they have been in your hands for nearly two years now.

Petty doesn't quite cover it.....

To even suggest we would be bad minded enough to throw it away is not only fcukin stoopid but it's fcukin insulting aswell. Any chance of an apology??

If we told you we had Pope Bennedict tied up in the back would you have believed that aswell?? Cop on.........

By 7.58 on Friday we had hung up: 4 small Super Blues flags, 1 big Super Blues flag, The L37 Ultras Banner, We Are Limerick flag, a Palestinian flag, a Catalan flag and a Limerick F.C flag. With the game about to kick off and having travelled over 200 miles I hope you'll forgive me for giving "Old Glory" a miss....

I wonder if Ken (who has made enough money for several bodhrans off us*) is half as fcukin concerned as you are........

I wouldnt have mentioned either the bodran or the programmes on here if it werent for the smart responces given on friday night ("ah sure we'll give you the fiver haha") and indeed post #2 on this thread.

FFS man that's Galway-esque is that

I case i forget, you should avoid calling people muppets on text messages just cause they dont answer your call in the middle of the day due to fact they are working nights, its not very nice.

And you should avoid making idle threats on a football forum............

You, Mr. Fish are slap, bang, wallop OUT OF ORDER and if you can't take a laugh then fcukin tough tbh

*not strictly relevant, fairplay to Ken and all, I just felt it warranted a mention due to the apparent legions of people on here offended on his behalf

Monkfish
03/06/2007, 9:56 PM
Were you not the one who asked if we could burn the Israeli flag another member of this forum had bought? you will forgive me for thinking you were telling me the truth on friday regarding the flag, and my so called threats were issued to anyone involed so dont go thinking i put them there just for you, Unfortunetly i dont have 2 days to plan a big multi-quoted message, so il explain the rest when i see you.

Lim till i die
04/06/2007, 3:12 PM
Were you not the one who asked if we could burn the Israeli flag another member of this forum had bought?

Take a drunken conversation out of context, that helps your argument big time :rolleyes:

you will forgive me for thinking you were telling me the truth on friday regarding the flag,

No, you're being a clown. If you honestly think any member of the Supporters Club would burn your personal property/treasured family heirloom/whatever then I suggest keeping the items to yourself in future

and my so called threats were issued to anyone involed so dont go thinking i put them there just for you

Don't threaten me full stop

Funny thing is you know where I live so all the keyboard warrior nonsense is a bit unnecessary at best..........

Unfortunetly i dont have 2 days to plan a big multi-quoted message

Not that I should have to explain myself to you but shur fcuk it I'll humour you. Woke up around 1.30 pm Saturday after which I headed to my mates house in the country for a day of Pro Evo and drinking. I didn't have access to a computer, let alone foot.ie There are btw independant witnesses who will verify this version of events incase you don't believe it.

In Short, as amazing as it may seem I've better things to do with my time than constantly checking foot for nonsense

The first I heard of your "episode" was at approxiamately 2200 hours on the Saturday night. I then preceded to text you at 22:35:07 enquiring as to what your problem was. At 03:46:11 I recieved a vague reply about the "truth" which I responded to at 03:57:53. My phone has remained silent since...........

so il explain the rest when i see you

Oh Goody

Monkfish
04/06/2007, 6:53 PM
Should I go looking for you to apolagise for calling me a clown then? seeing as we are all being ultra sensitive and all. If you or anyone else dont like the reasons given for my slight overeaction on Friday night then tough, and no, i dont acually know your exact house so iv had to hold off the death squads for now.

Lim till i die
04/06/2007, 8:20 PM
Should I go looking for you to apolagise for calling me a clown then? .

I'm sorry for calling you a clown......

seeing as we are all being ultra sensitive and all.

I take it that's the royal we??

If you or anyone else dont like the reasons given for my slight overeaction

PROGRESS :eek: :)

on Friday night then tough,

Come off it man, I've no problem with you

and no, i dont acually know your exact house so iv had to hold off the death squads for now

Phew, that's a relief :p

Fairkop
04/06/2007, 10:31 PM
WOW HO,do we detect a breach of discipline within the cartel,has the s.c code of conduct been breached...do they have a code of conduct,will the Pali flag be taken down and if it is will it contibute to world and local peace,with no apology forthcoming whose houses wil be blown up and will ltid recieve the ultimate accolade and actually...die.is monkfish really a clown and does 353 have any real friends and is he the only person in this state to use the word...toss...seriously.forget corrie tonight this is the real thing,what an advert for the s.c.oh ya the match we were awful,totally outplayed,one chance after a minute,only thing on target when a goal down.first time this season our defence run ragged though purcell tried manfully.bus was late getting to the ground,im told this down to poor planning.poor crowd maybe 300.btw 353 you name who you want in...name who you want out

Mr A
05/06/2007, 12:23 AM
F**k sake. I keep logging into this thread hoping to read about a match.

jebus
05/06/2007, 10:18 AM
F**k sake. I keep logging into this thread hoping to read about a match.

He's obviously had little dealings with Limerick fans in the past so :p

limerickblue
05/06/2007, 10:25 AM
women is all is say...... get over it.

Magicme
05/06/2007, 10:29 AM
women is all is say...... get over it.

Oi dont bring us females down to that level ffs.

gael353
05/06/2007, 6:00 PM
does 353 have any real friends and is he the only person in this state to use the word...toss...btw 353 you name who you want in...name who you want out

Maybe a few, and as for my choice of words well, if toss is my only wrod problem then i guess i have no problems at all. As for naming who i want in and out, nahhh not on an internet forum. E mail me if ye like gael353@yahoo.ie for a chat

jebus
05/06/2007, 6:21 PM
where did you get the name gael 353 from:confused:

The Stork that delivered him? :o

jebus
05/06/2007, 6:30 PM
:confused: explain

When mommys and daddys can't be bothered explaining the sexual nature of both the male and female of the human species to their children they invent stories to get them out of such a predicament. One such story is that storks deliver babies down the chimney and into a crib when mommy and daddy decide they want a little baby. Frequently (though not always) the story would be told that the Stork would enclose a piece of paper with the babies name on it, so hence Gael possibly got his name from a stork delivering him to his mother. Tune in next week when I'll tell you more of the human reproductive system through the use of sock puppets :p

jebus
05/06/2007, 6:41 PM
no dont go now please!

Said the actor to the bishop

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 3:10 PM
WOW HO,do we detect a breach of discipline within the cartel,has the s.c code of conduct been breached

Yes

...do they have a code of conduct

Yes

will the Pali flag be taken down

No

and if it is will it contibute to world and local peace

Doubtful

with no apology forthcoming whose houses wil be blown up

Pah, we're not gonna tell you

and will ltid recieve the ultimate accolade and actually...die.

As a result of this?? No.........But:

We're all going to die sometime

is monkfish really a clown

No

and does 353 have any real friends

Yes

and is he the only person in this state to use the word...toss...

You used it just there!!!

forget corrie tonight this is the real thing

The Real what?? The Real McCoy?? The Real Slim Shady??

what an advert for the s.c.

D'You really think so??

oh ya the match we were awful,totally outplayed,one chance after a minute,only thing on target when a goal down.first time this season our defence run ragged though purcell tried manfully.bus was late getting to the ground,im told this down to poor planning.poor crowd maybe 300.

Which could also be read as: "ar$e, ar$e, ar$e, you're talking out through your ar$e"

Monkfish
06/06/2007, 5:26 PM
Not to worry, anti-pali fans! I have been informed that someone has purchased an Israeli flag (not me) to provide some balance to the flag displays, also our number of 'old-glorys' have doubled and to counteract the Catalans who have suddenly joined our ranks along with the Arabs I have been given a gift of a Spanish flag, our friends in Rome have been taking note of whats been happining here and have lent their support in the form of a small IRR flag, complete with thier mascots head (Mr Enrich) and we wont mention the flares!

waylanderj
06/06/2007, 5:30 PM
Best thread in ages !!!
It was laugh out loud stuff.
Thanks lads:D

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 5:37 PM
Not to worry, anti-pali fans! I have been informed that someone has purchased an Israeli flag (not me) to provide some balance to the flag displays, also our number of 'old-glorys' have doubled and to counteract the Catalans who have suddenly joined our ranks along with the Arabs I have been given a gift of a Spanish flag, our friends in Rome have been taking note of whats been happining here and have lent their support in the form of a small IRR flag, complete with thier mascots head (Mr Enrich) and we wont mention the flares!

What's an IRR??

Kudos on the Spanish flag, personally don't care for Catalans

Anybody who has an Israeli flag in the name of Facism/Racism is having a little trouble with the concept..........

As for two American flags - Been taking lessons from the Cork Gah boys???

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 5:38 PM
Best thread in ages !!!
It was laugh out loud stuff.
Thanks lads:D

We live to give

And look, there's more!!! :)

waylanderj
06/06/2007, 5:41 PM
If you argue in public
you can expect the odd comment or two
one more for luck!

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 5:43 PM
Why Are We Getting So Many Additions To The Flag Collection.

look at all the pretty colours :)

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 5:44 PM
If you argue in public
you can expect the odd comment or two
one more for luck!

I'm not arguing

And I wasn't being smart

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread as much as everyone else is :)

waylanderj
06/06/2007, 5:49 PM
You are of course right
i am mumbling sorry as i type:o

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 6:00 PM
NEXT you will be saying your gay:p

Would it matter a Fcuk if I was???

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 6:01 PM
You are of course right
i am mumbling sorry as i type:o

Don't apologise

Just enjoy the great thread :)

Lim till i die
06/06/2007, 7:39 PM
NO just saying JESUS dont kill me.I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE,HA HA HA:D

Potentially valuable information young man

Keep it to yourself :p

4tothefloor
06/06/2007, 10:55 PM
Lads what's with the flags? The Palestine - Israeli thing is reasonably funny, plus the Isreal flag happens to be blue and white, but really the rest is just taking the pi$$. American, Catalan, Spanish, Italian flags? Don't get it and fail to see the point, should be Limerick 37 flags only.....if not I'm bringing my Union Jack and Nazi Swastika to the next game. Should please the Ultras and Monkfish's burberry hat :p

Monkfish
06/06/2007, 11:41 PM
What's an IRR??

Kudos on the Spanish flag, personally don't care for Catalans

Anybody who has an Israeli flag in the name of Facism/Racism is having a little trouble with the concept..........

As for two American flags - Been taking lessons from the Cork Gah boys???

I honestly didnt purchase the Israeli flag, dont think the person who did is racist and im not sure they got it just cause its blue & white or they took offence to the pali flag (maybe they are just having a laugh?) I thought the cork byiiis were more into their confederate battles flags though?

IRR? Institute of Race Relations didnt you know? http://www.irr.org.uk/asylum/ ....................ya right!

Monkfish
06/06/2007, 11:45 PM
Lads what's with the flags? The Palestine - Israeli thing is reasonably funny, plus the Isreal flag happens to be blue and white, but really the rest is just taking the pi$$. American, Catalan, Spanish, Italian flags? Don't get it and fail to see the point, should be Limerick 37 flags only.....if not I'm bringing my Union Jack and Nazi Swastika to the next game. Should please the Ultras and Monkfish's burberry hat :p

Cool! when did you set up **********'s West Limerick brigade?..........as for the flags, the way i see it is that if you dont like whats up there get your own, thats what iv been doing, completley silly situation we find ourselves in but amusing all the same.

First
07/06/2007, 7:56 AM
Would it matter a Fcuk if I was???

Only in the positional sense:)

jebus
07/06/2007, 5:00 PM
Lads in all seriousness can we leave off the Israeli/swastica flags, Limerick has a bad enough reputation as it is without positioning ourselves with the xenophobic scum....and the Nazis :)

Lim till i die
07/06/2007, 7:19 PM
Lads what's with the flags? The Palestine - Israeli thing is reasonably funny, plus the Isreal flag happens to be blue and white, but really the rest is just taking the pi$$. American, Catalan, Spanish, Italian flags? Don't get it and fail to see the point, should be Limerick 37 flags only.....

The original idea was to get as many flags with red, white and blue on them as possible for the colours. My pali flag was, cos, well, you know, I'm a rabid anti-Semite (is he joking??) :p Kind of spiralled out of control from there to people bringing whatever the hell they want.

I'm not hanging any flags with a fcukin Israeli one though. More power to the fool bringing it but I don't want any part of it

if not I'm bringing my Union Jack and Nazi Swastika to the next game.

Bring the Union Jack for the laugh

Should please the Ultras and Monkfish's burberry hat

Haven't you heard?? Our Ultras are limp-wristed lefties, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN :)

Lim till i die
07/06/2007, 7:25 PM
I honestly didnt purchase the Israeli flag, dont think the person who did is racist and im not sure they got it just cause its blue & white or I thought the cork byiiis were more into their confederate battles flags though?

Is the person a regular away day traveller?? I look like enough of a tit at your average away game without having to explain a fcukin Israeli flag

Anyway, I'm surprised you're not even more appalled at the Zionists moving in than I am?!?! :)

Cork biiiiiys will put anything on the end of a stick but ya, in fairness, the confederates probably outnumber the Yankee ones........ What with them being Rebels an all :rolleyes:

they took offence to the pali flag (maybe they are just having a laugh?)

Who could possible be offended by a Palestinian flag?!?! :)

4tothefloor
08/06/2007, 1:24 AM
Lads in all seriousness can we leave off the Israeli/swastica flags, Limerick has a bad enough reputation as it is without positioning ourselves with the xenophobic scum....and the Nazis
What's wrong with the Nazi's? Surely we have to hang something to re-cancel out the Israeli flag? ;)

Bring the Union Jack for the laugh
I'd rather hang the Swastika :p

Who could possible be offended by a Palestinian flag?!?! :)
A Jew?

Lim till i die
08/06/2007, 5:29 PM
A Jew?

There's no Jews left in Limerick, it's fine ;):p

declan hide
12/06/2007, 7:16 PM
hey did you guys fight yet or is it the half time entertainment friday night?
go on give leo a night off.

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 10:42 PM
hey did you guys fight yet or is it the half time entertainment friday night?
go on give leo a night off.

My half time entertainment is laughing at the likes of you!

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 10:56 PM
oh monkfish is backing down and trying to change the subject.mind you i wouldnt blame you

This may work in the playground lads but not here, if you wanna see a fight i suggest you start one yourself.

declan hide
13/06/2007, 7:26 AM
My half time entertainment is laughing at the likes of you!

laugh away boss....we sure had a laugh at you the last couple of weeks.

hope my silly statement shows you how moronic you were.

jebus
13/06/2007, 12:11 PM
jesus lads hasn't this nonsense gone on long enough? LtiD, Gael and Monkfish are all adults, and friends and its all sorted by now so lets leave it

new blue
13/06/2007, 3:12 PM
This thread has really reassured me about Limerick and the mentality of some of its supporters. I suppose in a city of its size you have to allow for a fair share of dopes!