PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda game

Sonic
01/06/2007, 8:43 PM
One one. Not bad I thought we could win to be honest drogheda are pretty average all things considered they are nothin without declan o brien. Anyone at all at it Reports??? Id av gone if a bus was going. You would have to admire their determination and spirit that is for sure!

De Town
02/06/2007, 11:45 PM
i was there with about 9 others. Dominated 1st half, had what looked to be a good goal ruled out for offside that would have put us 2nil up. they equalised 5 mins later. we still dominated and they're keeper made a few decent saves aswell as rutherford striking narrowly over. drogs had lots of possession 2nd half and we fell back but only had 2 or 3 real chances, the best of which fell to keegan who blasted over from 6 yards.

one thing that struck me was that pat sullivan is twice the player damien lynch is...dunno why they let him go.

Martinho II
03/06/2007, 12:16 PM
i was also at it. Drogheda were panickin loads. Sullivan was easily man of the match for us. I cant believe that drogs didnt play sullivan much at all. Dempsey made some top class tip overs,mooney worked his ******** off up front considering that freeman never did much of the running. I dont know what matthews thinkin of but freeman is not the answer to partner mooney. If you keep Dessie baker and Kevin Doherty fully fit we will always have a chance. Baker hit some brilliant corners. Rutherford had another excellent game.

shame on ye who missed the game, it was easily our best performance of the season. we are with this team for better or for worse. it was the worst town crowd there since we first played them in the top flight.

We will probably finish bottom but we will be fighting till the end.

Sonic
03/06/2007, 1:50 PM
shame on ye who missed the game, it was easily our best performance of the season. we are with this team for better or for worse. it was the worst town crowd there since we first played them in the top flight.

Slightly harsh there marty its not always easy when there is no supporters bus going and your completely dependant on someone else to drive you and considering our recent performances not many were travelling that i could scab a lift off. Its nice to see us putting in the hard graft hopefully they can keep it up and start winning because we cant be taking these moral draws all season 3 points is what lifts you up the table and we need to be clinical when we get the chances. Its cork next at home in the league and we have to be looking at it as a possible 3 points being at home and cork not exactly firing on all cylinders this season. If waterford can beat them and ucd can beat waterford 3-1 at home it suggests anyone can beat anyone in this league!! KEEP THE POSITIVITY GOING CAUSE ITS BEEN FEW AND FAR BETWEEN ALL SEASON.Garry Doyle gave the town glowing praise by the way on his mirror report on the drogs game.

Martinho II
05/06/2007, 6:08 PM
no problem sonic. i wasnt slaggin you personally just a comment on the lack of numbers travellin to drogheda. but in general the tabloids on satruday were very complimentary to us.