PDA

View Full Version : Craggy Island Parochial House

GavinZac
31/05/2007, 9:00 PM
My mission for next week is to find and photograph "Craggy Island" Parocial house. My sources (google) suggest it is in the middle of nowhere, near Kilnaboy, near Carrofin, on the edge of the Burren in Clare. Google maps will find Kilnaboy, but only barely (the map is just greenery) and with little detail on local roads.

Has anyone been there? Anyone Bben to Kilnaboy? Its a bit of a trip from Cork but I'm a big fan of the show and like going for an drive anyway.

anto1208
31/05/2007, 10:32 PM
its in clare allright but thats all i know

dahamsta
31/05/2007, 10:35 PM
There's a photo of me standing outside it somewhere, but I didn't drive. Got there from Lahinch, if that's any help.

adam

Risteard
01/06/2007, 12:53 AM
Ah tis in the Burren alright.
A friend of the girlfriends went there and the crew left Bishop Brennans hat there for the owners so they all took photos kicking eachother up the arse.

osarusan
01/06/2007, 1:31 AM
My dad (a soil scientist in UL) has been to the farm of the guy who owns it, on a field trip. Needless to say, the inside of the house is completely different. Not only that, the Channel 4 crew actually removed the usual door, and replaced it with the "parochial house" door every time they had a shoot.

The owner invited my father in for a cup of tea, which my father declined. The owner then said (according to my father), "I won't say "Go on"!"

(Dont know where it is though, sorry)

EDIT : Click here. (http://www.feck.net/splange/ftfaq.html#location) Scroll down to answer 24. Don't know hoy much it helps though.

Babysis
01/06/2007, 6:32 PM
oooo, I went there. Once your into Kinlaboy you need to find the Boston road and drive down it. (If I remember rightly its down the road by the church and past the school) keep going, its way down the road on the left.
You will see the big flat rocks they used for the "Fopping Boxtard" picnic episode (when the whistle is stolen)!
When you pull up outside, if the owner comes out, just shout up that you would like to take some pictures - They were well used to it when I went there. Will find you a map. Enjoy:)

GavinZac
15/06/2007, 4:34 AM
We found it eventually! Thanks to Babysis for the map and especially the "past the school" tip.

if anyone's interested, heres the road trip, minus the 2 hours in limerick traffic :)
yNy6oG6Tkg8

RonnieB
15/06/2007, 8:02 AM
Im off to clare today for the weekend, will use your directions babysis.

Babysis
16/06/2007, 12:04 PM
No probsw, glad to have been of service. I was delighted when I finally found it - Must find the pics of me outside with a tea pot:D

strangeirish
16/06/2007, 5:39 PM
Feckin' tourists. Ye are worse than the Yanks looking for 'The Quiet Man' Pub.:p:D

Lim till i die
17/06/2007, 8:53 PM
It doesn't count as a mission to find somewhere if you scrounge directions you know ;):p

You'd make a terrible secret agent