PDA

View Full Version : RSC

Angus
31/05/2007, 3:54 PM
Men - is there parking near the stadium ? Is it handy enough ?

Once I go over the bridge and turn left on to the quays, I go straight to the end (to the hotel), turn right and then go about 3 miles and it is on the left - is that accurate ?

On a bank hol weekend, how long should it take ?

Schumi
31/05/2007, 3:56 PM
Directions (http://stigonline.com/league/directions.htm##22).

pete
31/05/2007, 3:57 PM
Once I go over the bridge and turn left on to the quays, I go straight to the end (to the hotel), turn right and then go about 3 miles and it is on the left - is that accurate ?

There is parking inside the ground but I don't know who is allowed to use that.

Seems shorter than 3 miles. You will pass a MacDonalds on your left, & RSC is just after the roundabout that follows that. Impossible to miss. If you have passed the Yellow House you have gone too far.

Angus
31/05/2007, 3:59 PM
Thanks boys

pineapple stu
31/05/2007, 6:07 PM
You'll get parking inside the ground. Was there myself last year.

stann
31/05/2007, 9:56 PM
Ah it's not 3 miles Angus, a mile, mile-and-a-half maybe once you've turned the corner at Reginald's tower at the end of the quay.
Straight out then is correct, as you approach the ground then you'll be passing Woodies, McDs and Eddie Rocketts and it's just the far side of the roundabout facing you, on the left as you say. You can't not see the stand from there. The directions in Schumi's link are for the most direct route over the top of the town, but it's easier to go wrong there, and it's not that much quicker.
As far as I know away fans can park in the ground, though you may have to hop out and get your ticket first, I don't know. Be aware though that a new thing this season means the ground will be closed to cars a good bit before kick-off (maybe 7 pm?) due to UEFA regulations, although there's often a bit of leeway there. If you'll be arriving fairly late turn left at the said roundabout and the next two left turns in off the road bring you into retail unit carparks where there's always parking. Only a few hundred yards around to the gate from the furthest of them.
As regards journey time, well, something (usually Carlow, or Gorey & Enniscorthy the other way :) ) always conspires to make me take nearly three hours to get to Dublin, so you'd want to give yourself that much.
And pete, it's 'ye've come too farrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh!!!' :D

Risteard
01/06/2007, 12:28 AM
You're on the right track :) so to speak.
Not 3 miles but you'll definitely see the floodlights so no worries at all.