PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Club

Thunder-WYFC
31/05/2007, 10:54 AM
There will be a meeting in Newcastle at 8.00pm on Friday evening for all of those interested in joining the WYFC Supporters Club.

Hopefully there will be a good turn out at this and we can start getting to aways and making abit of noise,can't make this meeting myself but hoping to be at the next one!

Could someone who attends this meeting please post a brief summary please!

passinginterest
31/05/2007, 10:59 AM
Great to hear something is getting up and running. Hope there's a really good turn out. The lads who were trying to get something started on here seem to have disappeared. Wexfordseagull, Tazskool, where are you guys?

Unfortunately the old Dublin base rules me out of this one too. Best of luck with it to all involved. Hopefully someone will be on here an let us know how things go.

brokenstar
31/05/2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah same here lads, can't make this one either so can someone keep us up to date? This whole Dublin thing is a pain in the ar*e, but needs be.

It's great to see something happening lads and fair play to all involved. Keep us all informed and thanks again

ForzaWexford
31/05/2007, 8:22 PM
Working until 9:30 :mad:

Looks like none of "us" will be there....hopefully someone will turn up!

wexfordseagull
03/06/2007, 4:16 PM
i am still here and going to most of the matches home and away,there was a lot of support at kildare last night yet very few knew anything about this meeting,and i was virtually told to not contact the club by taskool as he was dealing with it.if it is organised right i am still willing to help and give advice if required.

Wexford Rules
03/06/2007, 9:36 PM
I hope the meeting went well and I also would be interested in helping out if required. Have good experience in that sort of thing, organising buses, PR, etc

ForzaWexford
07/06/2007, 2:45 PM
There was a litle bit in the paper this week. Pat Ronan, Denny Carthy and Joe Kelly were mentioned and it has their mobile numbers. Another meeting scheduled for after the next home game.

passinginterest
08/06/2007, 3:32 PM
Here's the link to the information in the Wexford People (http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/sport/other-sports/supporters-club-news-694718.html)

Might as well put it on here too.

A preliminary meeting of the Wexford Youths Supporters' Club took place on Friday last in Newcastle, Crossabeg.

The meeting was mainly to generate ideas and exchange thoughts on how to form the club.

There was quite a good attendance, but the group would welcome suggestions from you or perhaps you would come along to the next meeting and share your proposals.

If you would like to find out more information, please contact Pat Ronan (087-6388967), Denis Carthy (086-1032295) or Joe Kelly (086-8241687).

The Supporters' Club is a great way to get behind the squad, Mick and his management team, and give them all the support they deserve, while having some fun in the process.

A further meeting is scheduled after the next home game on Saturday, June 23, and all are more than welcome to attend.

wexfordseagull
25/06/2007, 10:39 PM
up and running hope you all join we will do our best for all who support wexford youths fc

passinginterest
26/06/2007, 11:13 AM
up and running hope you all join we will do our best for all who support wexford youths fc

Have you got any details on membership fees, benefits and the like?
I'll be at the Shelbourne game up here and I'm bringing a few mates. I'm planning on joining the supporters club and I'd say a couple of them might be persuaded. Could be the beginnings of a Dublin branch.

wexfordseagull
26/06/2007, 11:46 AM
we have to have a meeting to confirm the membership fees etc but 10e
for adults,5e for kids was being suggested,as for buses etc that will be a little down the line but we hope to have more details on what we hope to achieve in a few weeks time,i will be at shelbourne let yourself be known to me or any of the committee and we will keep you up to date.

TynesideWexford
26/06/2007, 12:51 PM
Will there be a way for overseas supporters to join? :)

Anyone know how to get a replica shirt ordered and sent to the UK? I rang the club shop but they said they wouldn't do it. :(

brokenstar
26/06/2007, 12:52 PM
Could we be kept up to date on here too lads? I'm hoping to get to the Shels game too and would appreciate any news on membership etc. I'll def be joining

Piltownpossy
04/07/2007, 9:27 AM
>> If you would like to find out more information, please contact Pat Ronan >>087-6388967), Denis Carthy (086-1032295) or Joe Kelly (086-8241687).

Is that 'Wexford Albion' Denis Carthy Jack Carthys son?

Footsoldier
04/07/2007, 10:02 AM
It's the one and only.

Thunder-WYFC
09/07/2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/wysfc

G-Man
10/07/2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/wysfc

good man thunder. must get that forum going over there now too, keep the support going!

brokenstar
10/07/2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah, top stuff! Cheers for that. I've signed up for the forum too, be great when it gets going

WexDec
10/07/2007, 2:53 PM
Signed up myself......I'm presuming there's not meant to be anything there yet though ?

passinginterest
10/07/2007, 4:08 PM
Signed up now too. Keep up the good work lads.