PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County away Saturday 02/06/07

passinginterest
30/05/2007, 4:36 PM
Hoping to make this one. Not too far from Dublin. Anyone else thinking of traveling? Two teams coming into the game off heavy defeats. Morale in the Wexford camp seems very low at the moment. An away win could really turn things around again. I'm holding out for a point at least. :ball:

Kildare Lad
30/05/2007, 5:25 PM
How many from Wexford will travel?

wexfordseagull
03/06/2007, 4:19 PM
as you can now see we brought at least 60/80 supporters and made ourselves heard,the lads played well and you could see they appreciated us getting behind them.

DTrappe16
03/06/2007, 7:14 PM
support at kildare was great. great night and great result even if we did have to listen to those kildare idiots!

Kildare Lad
03/06/2007, 9:14 PM
support at kildare was great. great night and great result even if we did have to listen to those kildare idiots!

How are we idiots?

And by the way, good travelling support. Hopefully things will kick off for youse soon. Good luck with the season.

Wexford Rules
03/06/2007, 9:33 PM
Travelled to the Kildare game and thought the atmosphere was fantastic, from both sets of supporters

Great effort from the lads as well and it was obvious they want to do well and I think we will come good sooner rather than later

Calling the Kildare fans idiots is a bit ridicilous DTrappe but I am sure there was no great malice intended

Kildare Lad
03/06/2007, 9:47 PM
Travelled to the Kildare game and thought the atmosphere was fantastic, from both sets of supporters

Great effort from the lads as well and it was obvious they want to do well and I think we will come good sooner rather than later

Calling the Kildare fans idiots is a bit ridicilous DTrappe but I am sure there was no great malice intended

Yeah thanks mate, we didnt mean anything of what we were saying, just adding to the atmosphere. Youse definatly have the numbers to become succesfull, youse brought more away fans here than everyone else bar Shels & Dundalk. Keep chanting for your team too lads, Im sure the players were delighted with yee.

DTrappe16
03/06/2007, 10:25 PM
Yea sorry lads it was a bit tounge in cheek sorry if i caused offence! I ave to agree the atmosphere was great but your a bit low in numbers up there!

Kildare Lad
03/06/2007, 11:02 PM
Yea sorry lads it was a bit tounge in cheek sorry if i caused offence! I ave to agree the atmosphere was great but your a bit low in numbers up there!

Oh god, dont we know it! That was the lowest crowd we had in a while now, but still we arent getting enough people. During the summer we're going to put a lot of effort into promoting the club and try to increase attendances and get more of an atmosphere to the place.

Still though, its never easy to attract fans.

Anyway best of luck with the season lads. Hope to get down to your place in august.

Philly
03/06/2007, 11:59 PM
Strawberry pickers, you're only strawberry pickers.......

:)

dublin_owl
04/06/2007, 7:43 PM
Strawberry pickers, you're only strawberry pickers.......

Oi, that's not true! :mad:

We also pick plenty of black currants and **** loads of spuds :)

You're only a small town in Dublin!:p

passinginterest
05/06/2007, 11:59 AM
I ended up being sick and not making it to the match. Great to hear there was a good support from Wexford and a better result too. I need to get to another game soon. Let's hope the crowds start to pick up again for the home matches too.

davidatrb
06/06/2007, 10:41 AM
Fair game, good atmosphere, fair result. Some clips of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpTu1eT9PUs

passinginterest
07/06/2007, 5:10 PM
Great to have the video up thanks very much. Is it just me or do the Wexford lads look a hell of a lot more comfortable on the ball now? They also look like they're playing with a bit more pace. All good to see. Now all we need to do is learn how to defend crosses/set pieces, or, give all the defenders some growth hormones to make them all 6 foot five!