PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Season (So Far)

chimpster
30/05/2007, 7:53 AM
Ok, just a quick distraction ahead of the weekend. What's your Rams best XI for the season so far? Any positions need filling when the transfer window re-opens?

My best XI:
1. Bilko, 2. Carey, 3. Meade, 4. Murray, 5. Gutsy (if only he had more pace!), 6. Barrett, 7. Dav, 8. Kearney, 9. Cummins, 10. McCarthy (controversional selection but I think he works his socks off with little reward), 11. Cambridge.

The saying goes 'if its not broken don't fix it', however I think Hendo should beg for funds to sign a solid centre-back (we're in trouble if one of the lads gets injured) and a second recoginised striker. Unfortunately Reilly looks a shadow of his former self and we need another 10-goal-a-season man up there.

Comments please! :confused:

thegafferman
30/05/2007, 4:29 PM
mc carthy up front no way..... mikey is nearly match fit again and is starting to play well rest is ok ....yeah need cover in the back ..coleman should be back in the next few weeks..... and a striker is a must....

Rambler1
30/05/2007, 5:15 PM
mc carthy up front no way..... mikey is nearly match fit again and is starting to play well rest is ok ....yeah need cover in the back ..coleman should be back in the next few weeks..... and a striker is a must....
Agree to a point with Chimpster...think McCarthy does work his socks off with little reward. Would it be true to say though that its horses for courses...i.e we have two sets of strikers McCarthy and Nolan or Cummins and Mickey/O Reily depending on who we are playing.

rambler14
30/05/2007, 9:41 PM
Hs McCarthy scored yet

chimpster
30/05/2007, 10:02 PM
I suppose what I'm saying about McCarthy is that Mikey, Nolan and Kieran haven't exactly been on fire this season and at least Bryan always gives 100%. Anyone who was in Jackman Park a couple of weeks back would have seen his effort. Sooner or later, we need another striker!

bellavistaman
01/06/2007, 8:55 PM
McCarthy
Carey Murray Guthrie Meade
Cambridge Barrett Kearney Davin
Cummins Mikey
Team that started Harps bar McCarthy in goal, without doubt strongest!

Cici900
04/06/2007, 2:07 PM
_____________________________Mccarthy_____________ ______________

Caroe,__________________Murray,______Gutsy,_______ ___Meade________

____________________________Barret________________ _______________

Kearney,__________________________________________ ________Dav

____________________________Coleman_______________ ______________

____________________Cummins_____________Mikey_____ ______________

bellavistaman
04/06/2007, 5:14 PM
how can ya leave out gareth cambridge and put a left footer on the right,

Cici900
05/06/2007, 6:04 PM
I know its just i hav to include them all. Its just... em............................... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh"!!!!!!.... Theres just not enough room:( **sniff**

Cici900
05/06/2007, 6:06 PM
_____________________________Mccarthy_____________ ______________

Caroe,__________________Murray,______Gutsy,_______ ___Meade________

____________________________Barret________________ _______________

Kearney,__________________________________________ ________Dav

____________________________Coleman_______________ ______________

____________________Cummins_____________Cambridge_ __________________