PDA

View Full Version : Rams 5-1 Kildare

chimpster
29/05/2007, 9:57 PM
Unreal!! Couldn't make it but watched via Aertel. Please can someone post up a report? Were we legends or did the score flatter us? Did Deasy play again and how did he get on?

I don't dare say anything about how well the season is going, for fear that it'll all go pear-shaped. Hendo is some fella achieving this after having the wage bill slashed in the summer. Can't remember enjoying a season so much, lets get that stand finished and fill it, with the way we're going we should be getting 1000+ for every home match.

C'MON THE RAMS :D:D:D

rambler14
29/05/2007, 10:26 PM
Excellent performance tonight by the Rams. Deasy played and to be honest he had a stormer made a world class save after about 60 minutes and he claimed every cross. He went missin alright for the Kildare goal but other than that he was brilliant.
Alan Carey was the best player on the park thought he was outstanding at the back, he made the Kildare lads look like fools. Topped off a great performance with an excellent penalty.
I thought Davin let the side down tonight, he scored but other than that all he did was give the ball away. For most of the game, infact for the most of the league campaign he's looked lazy and disinterested.

don ramo
30/05/2007, 7:33 AM
great performance from the lads last night, i missed the last goal as i had to head to work but, it was one of best performances this season, the only down was no clean sheets but at least we have something to work towards, keep it up lads and we will be there abouts come promotion tme, it would be great to achieve that after such a turnaround in finances since last year, thought cambridges 2nd goal was classical when he tackeled the keeper in the box and just taped it in, and i think it was cummins no9 who missed from a yard, funny as hell:D,
but lads ye did yerselfs pround last night and congradulations to ye all:ball::ball:

Super-rams
30/05/2007, 7:41 AM
Excellent performance again by the lads. The back four were superb and the pace when we attack is frightening. Fair play to young Deasy, he looked a bit nervous but held his own and should be proud of his nights work.

chimpster
30/05/2007, 7:42 AM
Not sure what's happened to Dav. At the start of the season I had high hopes for him but as you say, he's seemed a bit disinterested. Could be because he's been asked to play out wide most of the time?

paudie
30/05/2007, 11:05 AM
Well done to the Rams.

I'll have to make an unprecedented second visit this season if ye keep this up.

Have ye a home game v Dundalk coming up soon?

jebus
30/05/2007, 11:37 AM
Could be early talk from both of us, but what price the top three finishing as are by the end of the season and Limerick taking on Cobh in the playoff, would be interesting to say the least! :)

nismo
30/05/2007, 11:45 AM
great game..just one thing to note,deasy scored an o.g. kildare didnt score.

for me kearney was the best player on the pitch,mikey and dav were not seen for the whole game bae dav scoring!

the ticket thing is a joke,pure cahos outside the ground. students were being chrged adult price! half time you werent aloud go outside the ground or you would not be left back in i was told!

the shop is a joke in the ground.. sorry now but €3 for a 7up and a mars bar,come on thats crazy! 50c for a chomp bar with 20c printed into the wrapper!club would wanna look at that cause i wont be buying in there again!

drinkfeckarse
30/05/2007, 1:08 PM
It will get better and more efficient with the tickets. Btw what was the attendance last night?

thegafferman
30/05/2007, 4:48 PM
nismo stop f.. ....g moaning ....the ticket was simple you qued paid for your ticket and handed it in a the turnstiles... sorted out all the draggers that have been sciving in fo nowt for years.....

ramblers
30/05/2007, 5:40 PM
Have to agree with nismo her the tickets outside the ground where you have one person taking money is well dodgy. Some one could easily have grabbed the money and ran for it. Also it was hard to know ho was in the queue and who wasnt at say the Dundalk game they need to be a bit more organised.

The match was the best I have seen in about 3 seasons even though we scored 5 it could easily have been 10 but by the same token if Kildare had scored just after hlaf time when Deasy made a great save it could have been a different story.

Well done to the lads on a great result.

don ramo
30/05/2007, 6:01 PM
notin wrong with tickets if its part of the licenceing, i dont like tickets a pure waste of money, and not lettin anyone in at half time onwards is a great idea, should have been there years ago, if you walk in at half time to watch a game your not a supporter (unless your workin) so you dont deserve to come in, our you pay agreed you should be able to leave the ground and come back in with your ticket, also the shop is an absolute disgrace what they are gettin away , should be fixed imediately, attendances are up so the price goes up no wonder they want kids around theyll pay it, bar that it a good place so this is something the club can work on in the coming weeks, tickets are a new thing so will take two or three game to sort out properly

Comic Book Guy
30/05/2007, 8:55 PM
Talked to one of the committee about this and they were delighted with how the ticketing system worked, he also said that the gates being closed at half time is to keep out some who have caused trouble at the past couple of games. I didn't know but last night they were stopping the teens from congregating in the top stand as they reckon 20 or so of the new seats were damaged by them, good idea IMO.

Marco
30/05/2007, 9:59 PM
Of course the ticket system my be a bit shakey for the first time, anyone get those flyers? The tickets are there to get a more professional system in place, we can now send tickets to the likes of Dundalk for them to sell, The Wexford game was a huge eye opener where teenagers damaged seats(15-20), I cant understand this, why would you want go to a game and carry on like this?? :mad:

Is there anyone willing to take posters out and publicise the Dundalk game, its all hands on deck for this one, I want 1,000 at this game, and none of the ****e like its on a Sat afternoon crap, again getting signs and posters out and nobody is helping out??? THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW GOOD THIS CLUB IS. What about some ideas, I will get onto the shop gripes we have 3 weeks, 3 weeks to get ready for one of the biggest games of the season. Come on lads lend a hand ... what about an online poster to down load, a mascot, strippers!!(ONLY JOKING):eek:, every one should be talking about this game..... ARE YA UP FOR IT!:cool:

davidatrb
01/06/2007, 1:10 AM
Great win Cobh. Well done!

Here is some clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOyxqcp3tE

don ramo
01/06/2007, 11:58 AM
thanks a lot davidatrb very good video, if only we could get it done ourselves instaed of relieing on others teams to film the games it would be great.

bellavistaman
02/06/2007, 12:23 AM
Talked to one of the committee about this and they were delighted with how the ticketing system worked, he also said that the gates being closed at half time is to keep out some who have caused trouble at the past couple of games. I didn't know but last night they were stopping the teens from congregating in the top stand as they reckon 20 or so of the new seats were damaged by them, good idea IMO.

:D:D:D!!