PDA

View Full Version : Tijuana

paul_oshea
29/05/2007, 4:22 PM
Thinking of heading here, anyone been? any recommendations? anything to look out for. 3 thick paddies on the loose dont want to be handing over money to local cops or getting mugged etc.

sligoman
29/05/2007, 4:42 PM
My brother and his friends were in San Diego last summer for three months and they regularly travelled down to Tijuana as it was only a small tram/train ride down. He said it's good craic in terms of drinking but very, very dodgy. They always ensured they were back in the US before it got dark and one of the lads was actually mugged at one stage.

strangeirish
29/05/2007, 5:00 PM
Been there once pos. Lots of US teens go down there on a drinking binge. Not the safest place in the world. The Mexican cops are out to arrest people that look like they have money, so you can 'buy' your way out of jail! I'm not kidding. I got 'arrested' for smoking outside a bar! That was back in 1994 and have never been back since.

sligoman
29/05/2007, 5:08 PM
I got 'arrested' for smoking outside a bar!Did the cigarette look like this (http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/smoke.jpg)? If so, the cops were right to arrest you:D.

strangeirish
29/05/2007, 5:14 PM
Did the cigarette look like this (http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/smoke.jpg)? If so, the cops were right to arrest you:D.
:DNo, but I was more than a little tipsy off of that Tequila and Corona. They don't mix that well.

lim abroad
30/05/2007, 1:31 PM
its a ****hole and a very dangerous one by all accounts,i passed through in dec and i'd advise you to stay well clear.even the mexican guys i work with in san fran all say the same about it.

paul_oshea
30/05/2007, 1:47 PM
strangeone explain more about your expreience. I would like to have seen that i have to say :D.....did your mates know you were getting arrested.

I have heard its not the safest place and you need to be careful, but I would still be interested. Then again if everyone has nothing good to say about it it must be ****e. I have heard some very strange things go on down there alright ;)

strangeirish
30/05/2007, 2:17 PM
strangeone explain more about your expreience. I would like to have seen that i have to say :D.....did your mates know you were getting arrested.

Went outside to call a taxi and some fella comes up begging. Gave him a few bucks, then another lad comes up and wants my wallet. Told him to go f*** himself as I was much taller than he was. He takes off and about five minutes later, here come the police. I've no idea what he told them, but it couldn't have been any good. The one cop tells me I'm being arrested and they throw me in the back of a VW (Not Kidding). They take me down a few back streets and threaten some serious jail time, for smoking! This went on for about a half hour or so and finally one of them says that I will be released on the spot if I pay a fine. I had $150 left and few pesos. They took it all and let me go. My friends thought I had left them at the bar and took off back across the border. Luckily enough, I was able to get a lift back with a nice American couple.

As someone said above, it's a ****hole.

paul_oshea
30/05/2007, 8:12 PM
LOL quality