PDA

View Full Version : What players will Pat Dolan sign...

Pages : [1] 2

cork_city_fan
22/02/2003, 4:07 PM
what players should pat sign??? i hope GoG stays and next season the title is on the way back home once again. and that judas ******* ollie can f**k himslef.

cork_city_fan
22/02/2003, 4:19 PM
rennie is gone to scumrock rovers, so it looks like we will have to add rennie in the list with derek and that ****ing queer ollie. roll on next season.

pat dolan: super manager super manager

fonzi
24/02/2003, 9:49 AM
tony bird?
Mbabazi livingstone?

Dodge
24/02/2003, 9:54 AM
Players outof contract at Pats include Croly and Burke but unlikely to link up with Dolan. most Pats players were unhappy last season so I can't see many going down. maybe bird though (and please do take him!)

niamh
24/02/2003, 5:23 PM
Will prob take a look at what is needed at the club first.
Another quality centre half won't be a bad idea...

Peadar
24/02/2003, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Another quality centre half won't be a bad idea...

Bring back Derek.

Troy.McClure
24/02/2003, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
tony bird?
Mbabazi livingstone?

Not Bird! Would love to see Mbabazi down here though, he's just the player we need, (as long as we regester him propperly :eek: )

I always find it ironic that people want Pat Scully, yet complain that Deccie is too old and give out about players not getting on with the manager (the reason he is transfer listed).

Ah well.

Dricky
25/02/2003, 8:22 AM
Peadar word is Derek will be back to cork as he can't get a year off work to go full time with bohs so he could be coming back

niamh
25/02/2003, 1:02 PM
That's what people are speculating, but that ain't much good.

dalo
25/02/2003, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by cork_city_fan
that ****ing queer ollie. roll on next season.

keep the homophobe comments under the crack from where you emit them

joe
25/02/2003, 1:22 PM
anyone else think he should go after Kevin McHugh?

pete
25/02/2003, 1:27 PM
Pat Scully is still only 32 & city could sign a lot worse players to partner Murray next season.

Troy.McClure
25/02/2003, 1:56 PM
only 32?

We'll have Napier coming back + Bennet is at his best there IMO. Scully was a quality player in his day, but has been forced out of his last two clubs after disagreements with his manager. He's not the sort of player we need IMO.:o

Dricky
25/02/2003, 2:34 PM
Thats the mentaliity of old for CCFC now they would prefer to get a 22 year old and develop him rether than take a risk with someone at 32 Scully was a class player but the players coming through now are a bit more professional minded so they would be the choice. 6 -7 years ago anyone would of broke the bank for him not anymore though. We don't need him

James
25/02/2003, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by joe
anyone else think he should go after Kevin McHugh?

thought mchugh had signed / agreed ti sign for derry (the other) city :D a few days ago ..!!

Pablo
25/02/2003, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by James
thought mchugh had signed / agreed ti sign for derry (the other) city :D a few days ago ..!!

Yeah, read that somewhere. they signed Avril Lavine aswell from Lonford by all accounts

Macy
25/02/2003, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTY II
Alan Kirby
Kirby signed a new contract with Town...

patsh
26/02/2003, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by SCOTTY II
With Murray,Carey and Hoggie in defense it is very young so dont be surprised if Declan Daly starts next season, Scully is only 32, and class!
What about Steven ?
Gaz?
maybe even Derek ?

joe
26/02/2003, 10:09 AM
not to mention Bennett, Andrews, Lordan and Murray eile

joe
26/02/2003, 10:22 AM
i was just completing (I think) the list of centre-backs att he club.

for what it's worth my starting back four would be: Carey, Napier, Murray, Hoggie

A face
26/02/2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by joe
Carey, Napier, Murray, Hoggie

Likewise (only if Carey is on form though)

Gary
26/02/2003, 11:59 AM
Id say we should jettison Carey, and look fo a decent full back. I like Carey, but IMO, he is not up to premier division standards. Id prefer see Bennet there than Carey.

Other than that Murray, Napier, Hoggy and hopefully a new proven right full.

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 12:06 PM
Am i the only one who thinks Napiers a bit dodgy?
The signing that would give us the biggest boost would be Coughlan and it seemed a while back like that was gonna happen. Can't go full-time at Bohs or something.
Whats the latest?

Dricky
26/02/2003, 12:31 PM
We all know that DC can be a hoofer but I believe beside Dan Murry who can pass the ball and Devine in goal we could be hard to beat, he still hasn't given the final awnser, Kenny want him to quit the job and is trying to get him to sign a few year contract and the carrot of Europe is there as well, but he won't quit.

dc.
26/02/2003, 12:53 PM
Dricky I'm presuming you weren't talking about me there !!!
I'd actually love it if Derek came back cos as you said a partnership with Dan would be very solid, but the chances of Derek coming back have all but diminished due to Clive Delaney's decision to go to West Ham. Apparently, Kenny will keep him now wether he can go full time or not.

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 1:16 PM
Can a mod turn this into a poll?
If theres only one player we can get like?
Choices could be Arkins
McHugh
Osam
Coughlan
Scully and others.

SÓC
26/02/2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Id say we should jettison Carey, and look fo a decent full back. I like Carey, but IMO, he is not up to premier division standards. Id prefer see Bennet there than Carey.

Other than that Murray, Napier, Hoggy and hopefully a new proven right full.

I think Carey is actually a very handy player, I do think his game suffered playing along side Deccie, think back how many times did he have to clear off the line after Deccie was beaten for pace.

What Im amazed that people are forgetting is how well Bennett did when he played centre back for us. Bennett and Murray as a centre back partnership would be pretty classy, two lads strong lads who can play the ball.

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 3:08 PM
Would anyone be willing to accept deccie in some role this season?
ie Has he anything to offer?

Pablo
26/02/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Would anyone be willing to accept deccie in some role this season?

Kit Man?

;)

pete
26/02/2003, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan

As a player...No.

Last season Deccie was only barely able to hold his own on boggier winter pitches - April to November season doesn't mean be many muddy pitches & being a year older Deccie would be shown up more this year.

SÓC
26/02/2003, 8:23 PM
Spotted Dolan and Napier outside the Maradyke after the Fitzgibbon Hurling match. They were talking to two of the better players from the winning UCC Collingwood Cup team. Dont know was it just a general converstation or where they tapping out talent.

fonzi
27/02/2003, 11:13 AM
thats intresting alright.
i suppose Mulconroy knows what theese guys are like.
perhaps he's after recomending some of the boyos to Dolan.

As for Deccie Daly, i think he should hang up the boots to be quite honest.
defensive coach perhaps?
no i wouldnt want him doing that .
cobh need a coach perhaps?

A face
27/02/2003, 11:15 AM
Deccie ... give it up man :rolleyes:

patsh
27/02/2003, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Spotted Dolan and Napier outside the Maradyke after the Fitzgibbon Hurling match. They were talking to two of the better players from the winning UCC Collingwood Cup team. Dont know was it just a general converstation or where they tapping out talent.
Well I hope it Bruton (? the captain) the #8 who was excellent, and Rose the #9.
Rose could be a superb player with the right coaching, and Bruton is one of the best young players I've seen in ages.
City should sign them up straight away.

SÓC
27/02/2003, 1:39 PM
Gunther was at the Collingwood cup every day it was on, seeing as many games as he could so hopefully he picked up on you what you saw oddboy. I dont know if that was in his capacity as Director of Football at City or his involvement in the World Student Games team, both one would assume.

Bruton is a class act alright but it's a big step up, Mucka has only managed a handful of games for the City senior team.

Colm
27/02/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Well I hope it Bruton (? the captain) the #8 who was excellent, and Rose the #9.
Rose could be a superb player with the right coaching, and Bruton is one of the best young players I've seen in ages.
City should sign them up straight away.
To be brutally honest, I wasnt at all impressed with any of the players on the Collingwood team. However, I suppose I shouldnt judge players having seen them play only one game.

patsh
27/02/2003, 2:00 PM
Well I saw 3 College (The Real One !!:D ) games during the competition, and Bruton and Rose played extremely well in all of them.
It's no harm to try them out anyway, Colm, and we may get a decent player or 2 out of it.

SÓC
27/02/2003, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Colm
To be brutally honest, I wasnt at all impressed with any of the players on the Collingwood team. However, I suppose I shouldnt judge players having seen them play only one game.

Have to remember as well Colm the day you saw them it was after playing 3 games in 3 days, no professional would ever be asked to do that, they must have been knackered.

Colm
27/02/2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Have to remember as well Colm the day you saw them it was after playing 3 games in 3 days Yeah, thats true alright.

joe
27/02/2003, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Yeah, thats true alright.

actually it's not 100% true - they had played 4 games in 4 days, the final being their fifth in 5 ;)

btw Bruton is known as 'Grandad' to the rest of the squad, I think, and is the same age as Mucka (24)

James
27/02/2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by joe
actually it's not 100% true - they had played 4 games in 4 days, the final being their fifth in 5 ;)

BUT it would be still true to say that in 3days they had played 3 matches wud it not. :D

or would that be 3matches in joint 3rd days or something bah :D like

DiscoPants
27/02/2003, 6:57 PM
lads im glad to see talk of these Ucc guys. the lad Rose who plays up front is a class act and destroyed teams in the early rounds of the Collingwood, Sign him up pronto Dolan. Bruton imo is nowhere near good enough but david Spratt who played for the last few years for college is a very good midfielder and worth a look at.

razor
28/02/2003, 7:30 AM
Might be worth a trip to the Dyke @ 4pm on Saturday
UCC vs College Corinthians,
Dolan could do a lot worse than attend and see what talent is on show.
Corinthians are walking away with the MSL, some tasty players also.

joe
28/02/2003, 9:50 AM
de paper today says he has spoken to UCC keeper Brendan O'Connell (he's a former City youth, btw)

shedboy
28/02/2003, 10:29 AM
Brendan O'Connell is a class act, his distribution is excellent even managed a shot on target in the collingwood cup final!!!! IMO U.C.C.'s best players are Weldon, Rose, Wanchope(Hennessy) and Bruton. However Bruton is 24,getting on a bit,however he's very good friends with Mucky and Hoggie. When Mucky joined City there wasa specualtion around college that Weldon was asked to sign, and he said he'd rather stay with college coz he'd only rot on the bench much like Mucky now,remember at the time city had O'Rourke and he wasn't getting much of a look, so a fella from the M.S.L. was hardly going to get a look. Wanchope too is knocking on a bit 23 in the summer, that brings me on to the real jem Paul Rose, what a player only 20 years old max. Blistering pace and a wise head on him, however would he displace Nolan or Behan, both younger?????? Remains to be seen

Dr.Nightdub
28/02/2003, 9:09 PM
A lot of talk In McDowells last night that Dolan is bringing Robbie griffin to Cork with him. You lucky, lucky people! :D

A face
01/03/2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
A lot of talk In McDowells last night that Dolan is bringing Robbie griffin to Cork with him. You lucky, lucky people! :D

Why .... what is the story with him ?

patsh
01/03/2003, 12:30 PM
Well if the Oracle of Academy Street( Examiner. Echo...Echo....Echo... :D) are to be believed, Dolan will be looking for locally born talent only at first. There are probably enough Cork lads going nowhere with British clubs to make up a whole team, and decent terms should be enough to get a few of them back here.

niamh
02/03/2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub

prob wishful thinking in fairness...

shedboy
03/03/2003, 8:22 AM
Spotted Pat Dolan at the dyke on Saturday, for the first half he just stood up at the ucc end, definately watching Brendan O'Connell!!!!! Overall he had a great game making several great saves to keep U.C.C. in the game, however had a 1 in a million error, lost a greasy freekick. trickled under his body and has he tried to readjust himslef his trailing leg flicked it into the net, but othe rthen that was excellent, Rose, Weldon and Bruton all played to their usual high standards but Spratt was fantastic, incredidle power in his frees scored one, and just a couple of inches high with a 35 yard effort,