PDA

View Full Version : UCD

superfrank
29/05/2007, 9:33 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0529/bray.html?rss

Forgot about Hurley but thankfully Caffo's back. I'm assuming he's recovered as they said "no injury worries whatsoever". Hopefully the lads aren't too lazy after the 11 day break. Good luck lads.

Poor Student
29/05/2007, 10:22 AM
How is Hurley doing for Bray? He's a good player and a sound lad, hope he has a future back at UCD someday.

DmanDmythDledge
29/05/2007, 10:34 AM
How is Hurley doing for Bray? He's a good player and a sound lad, hope he has a future back at UCD someday.
He definitely won't be back at UCD. He had a bit of an attitude problem apparantly.

superfrank
29/05/2007, 10:47 AM
From what I've seen of him, he's done pretty well. Good at his job which always helps.

But the player I've really been impressed with is Alan Cawley. He can't put a foot wrong at the moment, imo. He's one of the few players in our team that always wants the ball. And he's able to do something with it. He's easily been one of our best players so far.

Poor Student
29/05/2007, 12:08 PM
He had a bit of an attitude problem apparantly.

Really? He seemed a reasonably modest chap when I gave him the award for 'Best New Player' a couple of years back.

Pure Flair
29/05/2007, 3:19 PM
I totally agree,Big Cawley is a legend and if it wasnt for him we would really be struggling to create anything

superfrank
29/05/2007, 9:52 PM
So another win. A lot like the Sligo game imo. Great feeling to get the three points. Great goal by Gary. He's certainly been one of the better signings for us. He's proven himself well in the last two games. It was good from the lads to get the finger out after they scored and overall I was impressed with the performance, ugly but effective. Well done.

Row Z
30/05/2007, 7:51 AM
Lads, can anyone off Bray confirm if gary mccabe is a lad they signed from Crumlin Utd??

Bray Head
30/05/2007, 8:51 AM
Lads, can anyone off Bray confirm if gary mccabe is a lad they signed from Crumlin Utd??

Yes, Gary signed from Crumlin last December. A good prospect since he is only 18.

Row Z
30/05/2007, 9:36 AM
Seen him play schoolboys and then played Crumlin Utd Senior side. Excellant player, surprised he made the breakthrough so quickly, best of luck to the lad.

BrAyCMilan
30/05/2007, 12:27 PM
well done lads, good result.
great goal for the winner, a very exciting player to watch, and he's only 18! won't last long in bray if he keeps playing like that, tore alan mahon to shreds!!

BrayUnknowns
30/05/2007, 1:06 PM
McCabe is a super little player, anyone who saw him the in Futsal tournement can back that up. Great pace, loves attacking and taking people on, super left foot and seems like a really nice bloke. Delighted for him.

On the match, it was a good team preformance which showed a lot of spirit and fight. When UCD equalised i thought they could go on and win it but we showed a lot of character to bunce back and take the game to them. We always looked dangerous on the counter attack and created the better chances. How Gregg stayed on the pitch when he cleaned Franco out of it is beyond me! The ref was poor all game IMO.

centre mid
30/05/2007, 1:17 PM
Yeah good performance in the end, bit sloppy at times and awful time to conceed just after half time. Franco played well in fits and starts, lacks physical attributes. Thought Chris Deans had a good game. Ref had a horrible game. Mahon could have gone for kicking out at Paul Dunphy.

Thought Franco was just offside when Gregg clobered him, but another ref would have sent him off. UCD played some nice football at times and Conor Salmon had a good game.

Have to be happy with the last few weeks.

notever
30/05/2007, 3:26 PM
Yes,good three points the performance may not have been the best but its the three points that matter Franco was poor and Mc Cabe scored a great goal but his performance was not as good as against Sligo but he is only young and learnin.

Grey Boy
30/05/2007, 5:31 PM
The lads are beginning to gel a bit. The same guys who had a good game against Sligo performed again, Deans, Delaney, Cawley, McCabe and O'Shea. Franco was very poor though and Foxy was wrecked for most of the second half.

It was a bit surreal when those Spanish kids walked in midway through the first half. They probably thought that the "Franco, Franco" shouts were directed at them.

Nice to finally beat U.C.D. in the league again. I thought Sammon had a very good game, I can see him ending up in England soon if he continues to play like that. It was a measure of how well Delaney and Deans played that he didn't get a clear chance.

Also we have last years win total already, I was wondering how long that would take.

Bald Student
30/05/2007, 6:12 PM
I thought Sammon had a very good game, I can see him ending up in England soon if he continues to play like that. It was a measure of how well Delaney and Deans played that he didn't get a clear chance.I thought Delaney was excellent last night. He's a lot bigger and a lot better than he was when he left UCD.

John83
30/05/2007, 6:49 PM
I thought Delaney was excellent last night. He's a lot bigger and a lot better than he was when he left UCD.
They've had him on the old stretching rack.

pineapple stu
30/05/2007, 10:12 PM
I thought Sammon had a very good game, I can see him ending up in England soon if he continues to play like that.

UCD played some nice football at times and Conor Salmon had a good game.
Seriously, why does everyone say that?!

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2007, 10:20 PM
Seriously, why does everyone say that?!
Because it's true Kev, because it's true.:)

pineapple stu
30/05/2007, 10:22 PM
But like, you have someone saying he played so well he could end up in England, but then note that Clive and Deans kept him no quiet he didn't have a chance!

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2007, 10:23 PM
But like, you have someone saying he played so well he could end up in England, but then note that Clive and Deans kept him no quiet he didn't have a chance!
I'll presume that his performance was the usual.;)

pineapple stu
30/05/2007, 10:26 PM
He had a decent game, but I don't think he won a header and he let the ball get away from too often.

So yeah, the usual.

Grasshopper 99
31/05/2007, 8:23 AM
At the Sligo game 2 weeks ago, brian kerr and john mcdonnell were at the match looking at a Sligo player but left looking at a young Bray lad. It was McCabe they were very impressed with. Hope we have him on a 2-3 year deal so at least if he goes we can make some money out of him.. but long way he stays, great young exciting player with a great future ahead of him.

thedoyler
31/05/2007, 5:51 PM
What's the story with the 'cover' on the dart side? are they gonna finish the stand off or just take the unambitious way out and put a canvas roof on? i missed the game on tuesday had an exam at 6, just read the programme now.

pineapple stu
31/05/2007, 5:57 PM
i missed the game on tuesday had an exam at 6, just read the programme now.
Actually, that's another thing. The programme was woeful! There were about three pages of content in the whole thing - a quid a page. Surely someone can come up with a quiz or one article or something?

Grey Boy
31/05/2007, 6:11 PM
Totally agree, the programmes have been really poor this year apart from Duffys diary which is always interesting.

By the way Stu, I didn't mean earlier that Sammon is good enough for the Premiership or anything. I just felt he had a very good game and is a real handful for defenders. Our two just happened to play very well. He didn't lose the ball once on Tuesday and had some nice touches that deserved better crosses from team mates. He's played well against us in the admittedly few games I've seen him in. I think he scored a brace against us the game before last as well.

But if you see him every week and don't think he's that good, fair enough.

pineapple stu
31/05/2007, 6:14 PM
Totally agree, the programmes have been really poor this year apart from Duffys diary which is always interesting.
That's the only thing in them! (Apart from my pen pics)

By the way Stu, I didn't mean earlier that Sammon is good enough for the Premiership or anything.
I know that; you're still wrong though. ;)

thedoyler
31/05/2007, 7:43 PM
Anyone know any details of the planned development?