PDA

View Full Version : Dolan out!!!

goalside
22/02/2003, 1:37 PM
after all the hype over dolans appointment has died down people will see that dolan is bad for football here in cork. dolan is here for the big money.
in two months after the start of the next season the 'dolan out' campain will get going. just wait and see.

dahamsta
22/02/2003, 2:00 PM
Couldn't you have posted this in the "Concerns about Dolan" thread instead of starting a new one goalside? Do you not think that there are enough Dolan threads scattered about this forum already without you adding this "I'll tell you so" trolling crap, with no substance whatsoever?

adam

ccfcman
22/02/2003, 2:01 PM
are u stoned ? :confused: ?clearly what we have here is a lad with aabsloutely no knowledge of soccer whatsoever......thats u goalside :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ian
22/02/2003, 2:56 PM
goalside you are talking s--t give the man a chance.:mad: :mad:

Martystapo
22/02/2003, 3:50 PM
Dolan could be the best manager for ye for a long time. Watch for a mad exodus from Dublin down south!

goalside
22/02/2003, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Couldn't you have posted this in the "Concerns about Dolan" thread instead of starting a new one goalside? Do you not think that there are enough Dolan threads scattered about this forum already without you adding this "I'll tell you so" trolling crap, with no substance whatsoever?

adam

sorry about that but is more than just a concern about dolan. this has me worried to death. i cant sleep at night. we had the best coach and manager in the league and hes gone and look who we get instead. this thread is for those who cant sleep at nigt not for those who are just concerned. maybe i should chage the titel to 'sleepless in cork'
bring back murphy. dolan out

Neil
22/02/2003, 6:32 PM
:D :D

Which one of ye is taking the ****! :D

dahamsta
23/02/2003, 12:15 PM
sorry about that but is more than just a concern about dolan. this has me worried to death. i cant sleep at night.

Well, that's just sad goalside. Sad. There are more important things than soccer. Get a life.

Scooty, no-one edited anyone's post. Mind your business you little tosser.

adam

Peadar
23/02/2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by goalside
we had the best coach and manager in the league and hes gone and look who we get instead.

Liam Murphy is still very much involved with Cork City FC.
He wasn't in a position to be the manager on a full-time basis and therefore had to step back.
It might be worth your while reading the criteria for the FAI Club license.
Dolan is going to build on the good work done by Liam Murphy not rip it out and start over.
I've also heard that David Mahedy is going to be brought in to work on the physical preparation side of things.
Sounds to me like we'll have an enviable team of backroom staff.

Don't knock it 'til you try it Goalside.

goalside
02/03/2003, 5:22 PM
sorry for not replying sooner but peader the fact is that liam murphy will no longer be picking the team. dolan does not know the city players and he will make a mess of it. mark my words.
and scooty you are not a little tosser.
dolan out!

Badweather Fan
02/03/2003, 7:14 PM
sorry for not replying sooner
No, you're fine really

Originally posted by goalside dolan does not know the city players and he will make a mess of it. mark my words.

Thats wrong there.

You have to meet the players at some stage.
I don't even know where to start in criticising ya.:D
Lets just say. . . . . .
You're wrong Goalside

niamh
03/03/2003, 11:15 AM
While he might not know every detail, Dolan does know what some of the players are capable of. His team played City three times last year and he had to prepare them for those matches. Every new manager should be given a fair chance.

Shed End John
04/03/2003, 3:52 PM
after all the hype over dolans appointment has died down people will see that dolan is bad for football here in cork. dolan is here for the big money.

Get off your high horse and stop talking out through your hole, you idiot.:mad:
Dolan has a proven track record, can read a game as it's happening, unlike Gunther, and IMO will be very good for the club.

goalside
04/03/2003, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Get off your high horse and stop talking out through your hole, you idiot.:mad:
Dolan has a proven track record, can read a game as it's happening, unlike Gunther, and IMO will be very good for the club.

dolan is totaly unproven at city. liam murphy was the hart and soul of the club and i think that dolan will rely on mr murphy to select the team each week. liam murphy will also coach the team so dolan will only be the front man for television enterviews etc.
that is my hope anyway. liam murphy is probably still the key man in the club except for lennox.
dolan out!! bring back murphy!

patsh
04/03/2003, 9:32 PM
..........so dolan will only be the front man for television enterviews etc.

I think Liam should sign you up to do all the TV and media for the club.
There hasn't been any decent indigenous comedy on Irish TV in ages !!:D :D

Shed End John
05/03/2003, 10:40 AM
dolan is totaly unproven at city.

Maybe, but, isn't every manager unproven in a NEW job, which by definition means he hasn't done that particular job before. Dolan, though, has a well proven successful record at Pats. 3 titles in 6 years, one of which was at City's expense says enough about him. He'll need a chance to do things right, and I for one am willing to give him that chance.

Schumi
05/03/2003, 10:43 AM
3 titles in 6 years 1 they didn't win at all and another was Liam Buckley so that's one title.

Shed End John
05/03/2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
1 they didn't win at all and another was Liam Buckley so that's one title.

Actually the one they didn't win wasn't included in those stats, so by ANY standards Dolan's record measures up.
Btw, Schumi, enjoy the game on Saturday. Give a few shouts and drink a few pints for me!:)

goalside
05/03/2003, 5:42 PM
Maybe, but, isn't every manager unproven in a NEW job, which by definition means he hasn't done that particular job before. Dolan, though, has a well proven successful record at Pats. 3 titles in 6 years, one of which was at City's expense says enough about him. He'll need a chance to do things right, and I for one am willing to give him that chance.

my point is murphy did have a proven record so why bring in dolan. dolan will be a only a shadoo of murphy and will not last as long in the job.
dolan out! bring back murphy!

Gary
05/03/2003, 7:55 PM
my point is murphy did have a proven record so why bring in dolan.

What record is that James?

;)

patsh
05/03/2003, 8:55 PM
my point is murphy did have a proven record so why bring in dolan. dolan will be a only a shadoo of murphy and will not last as long in the job.
dolan out! bring back murphy!
Shouldn't you be taking this up with Brian Lennox?
After all, he is the man who is ruining the club, according to your "logic" !;)
BTW, whats with the double o's?(shadoo, scooty...)
Did you learn your English from Star Wars..?:p

Just realised this was my one thousandth post...and I wasted it on goalside...:D

thecorner
06/03/2003, 2:20 AM
cant believe what im reading here. murphy had a proven record. what planet have u been on the last 2 years goalside

James
06/03/2003, 9:08 AM
goalside OUT ;)

Pablo
06/03/2003, 9:15 AM
Originally posted by James
goalside OUT ;)

of the closet......:p

Dodge
06/03/2003, 9:27 AM
Actually the one they didn't win wasn't included in those stats, so by ANY standards Dolan's record measures up.
Btw, Schumi, enjoy the game on Saturday. Give a few shouts and drink a few pints for me!:)

Dolan's record as manager

4th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 3rd* 7th

hardly awe inspiring

Shed End John
06/03/2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
cant believe what im reading here. murphy had a proven record. what planet have u been on the last 2 years goalside

Have to agree with that sentiment. The only track record Murphy had was one of inability to form ANY sort of relationship, professional or otherwise, with his players AND massive underachievement.

Peadar
06/03/2003, 6:42 PM
goalside OUT ;)

You're the only one who can really "Out" Goalside, James.
It's no good if we "Out" you, I mean him :D

goalside
07/03/2003, 7:47 PM
goalside OUT ;)

you mean well james but you know deep down that dolan is not a better manager than liam murphy. i have read all your posts and you are really inteligent who knows a lot about football. dolan has very poor record compared to liam murphy who is a uefa coach,
dolan out. bring back murphy.

goalside
07/03/2003, 7:52 PM
Have to agree with that sentiment. The only track record Murphy had was one of inability to form ANY sort of relationship, professional or otherwise, with his players AND massive underachievement.

you seem very prejudeced. you cannot be serious in what you wrot above, muphy has a great succss as a player and manager.

thecorner
07/03/2003, 11:44 PM
goalside, im after a few pints now but i swear if i ever find out who u r or where u r from i swear ill kick the s**t outta ya. u r a w****r and ur only stirring s**t. u deserve a good beating for your beliefs

Badweather Fan
08/03/2003, 4:11 PM
Chillax there thecorner.
He's just wrong.
His shortcomings in football knowledge is no indicator of an inclanation towards masturbation.

Peadar
09/03/2003, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
im after a few pints now

Might need to put a breathaliser on the site soon :D