PDA

View Full Version : Shels eye up George o Callaghan

ian
22/02/2003, 9:56 AM
Lads on the paper it is saying that shels are looking in to Georg o Callaghan.

Shelbourne Have Joined the race to prise George oCallaghan away from cork city.o,Callaghan 23 is also being tracked by Bristol rovers and QPR. O,Callaghan has a year left on his contract but it could be on his way out of turners cross.

He is to sit down with Pat dolan this week to thrash out his future.

So boys and girls do you think he will go or will he stay that is the millon euro Question.:eek:

patsh
22/02/2003, 10:20 AM
I would think he would be better off staying now.
Dolan may bring that small bit extra which was the difference between 4th and possibly winning the league last season.

I think Georgie is "loved" here as well, and he should not underestimate how difficult it could be for him at $hels when he turns in those completely indifferent performances a few games in a row.

Also, if he plays in his proper position with City, he could be the main man and really enjoy himself here.
I'd like to see him staying, no matter how frustrating he can be at times.

ian
22/02/2003, 10:32 AM
Oddboy i agree with you all the way on that one i my self think that he wont go.He is in dolans plans for the clubs up coming future.:cool: :cool:

cfcgirl
22/02/2003, 10:34 AM
i think he will stay. i would like 2 c him giving a couple of games in central midfield to add a bit of creativity.

A face
22/02/2003, 11:32 AM
I think we need him to stay, along with most of the squad we had this year (Missing one in Rennie) and we need O'Grady to come back on form this year aswell, he was great when he first came and that spell where he wasn't playing didn't do him any favours but we have to rely on him in midfield. I'll be interesting to see what way the team lines out this year .... but YES i hope Georgie stays.

Gary
22/02/2003, 12:09 PM
While Im not Georges greatest fan, Id hate to see him leave, especially now as it would, IMO, totally undermine Dolans position, as by losing two first teaners in the space of a few days of him coming on side.

Besides that, i fell that Gunther didnt utilise George tot he best of his ability, i reckon a midfield position, or in the "hole" behind the front two would suit him great.

as well, i cant see him going to bloody QPR or Bristol, nether of them are doing any good. Whats the source on thsi eian?

I wouldnt read too much into it for now anyway.

ian
22/02/2003, 12:25 PM
OK GWA I JUST PUT IT ON SO THAT MEMBERS CAN SEE IT. I AM NOT READING IN TWO IT THAT MUCH.:rolleyes:

Éanna
22/02/2003, 12:37 PM
I reckon o'callaghan and greg would be a handy central midfield for next season now that judas has left.

cfcgirl
22/02/2003, 12:41 PM
id love 2 c george and conor given a chance in midfield as conor was easily our best player the seaon before last.

Gary
22/02/2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by eian
OK GWA I JUST PUT IT ON SO THAT MEMBERS CAN SEE IT. I AM NOT READING IN TWO IT THAT MUCH.:rolleyes:

Jesus christ i wasnt having a go, i was just asking you where you read it, and i was just stating that i reckon is bull, that he wont be going anywhere. :rolleyes: I wasnt saying that you made it up or anything!

Neil
22/02/2003, 1:03 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=4125

patsh
22/02/2003, 1:07 PM
Well, according to the football bible itself, The Evening Echo, Geroge is very anxious to stay, it's the club who are taking thier time.
I reckon this will be sorted by the end of the week.
George is either in Dolans plans or not, but remember Dolan said he would not changee too much straight away.
Anyway, isn't Geroge under contract for another season?

Neil
22/02/2003, 1:09 PM
George was at the Press Conference yesterday with Greg. He definitely wants to stay and I'd say it's only a matter of time before the CCFC sort him out.

Colm
22/02/2003, 1:12 PM
Theres a piece on this story in todays Star, I think the quote that sums it up is:
I have offers from England, but I have no intention of leaving Cork City. I want to stay at this club. It's a very exciting time with the new manager coming in.
Also, George was one of only 3 players who bothered to show up for the press conference yesterday. He is happy at City and is excited about Dolan's appointment.
George is going nowhere.

patsh
22/02/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Neil
George was at the Press Conference yesterday with Greg. He definitely wants to stay and I'd say it's only a matter of time before the CCFC sort him out.
Would these be the two players quoted by Ken O'Connor, I wonder...;)

BTW, has anyone noticed the complete absence of Spillage from the Dolan story all week?
Is he on holidays?
Sent to cover hockey?
Scrumming down wth some bugger boys?

The biggest story to happen to City for years, and Mr. Soccer Exclusive! 's scribblings nowhere to be seen !!:D

James
22/02/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
The biggest story to happen to City for years, and Mr. Soccer Exclusive! 's scribblings nowhere to be seen !!:D

and i think we're all the wiser for it too :D

ian
22/02/2003, 1:15 PM
The daily mirror by the way keep your hear on i was just geting back to you about it and i wasnt geting odd about it GWA o i forgot to get you a program from the ireland v scotland game.:) :) :) :cool: :cool:

Colm
22/02/2003, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
has anyone noticed the complete absence of Spillage from the Dolan story all week?
Is he on holidays?
Yeah, he's on holidays. I just wonder is it merely a coincidence or did the powers that be in Academy street encourage him to take a holiday for the week.;) :D

ccfcman
22/02/2003, 2:07 PM
all sounds like a whole load of hype thrown in to go with the dolan announcement

Snatch
27/02/2003, 10:35 AM
The club would be made to let Georgino go. He is one of the most exciting players at the Cross in years and with Rennie gone it is vital that we keep him.

Great to hear that he too wants to stay and not have to emigrate again.

Yes, TEd, its true, Georgy is a City legend.;)