PDA

View Full Version : As if Gary Breen wasn't enough..........

shedite
21/02/2003, 9:09 PM
As a part-time West Ham fan, I started crying when I read this from the official West Ham web-site:GLENN ON NEW SIGNING
21 Feb 2003 20:02

Glenn Roeder says the signing of centre half Clive Delaney from University College Dublin is a "gamble worth taking."
No fee was involved in the transfer from the Ircom Premier Division side, and Glenn explains:

"Clive came and spent a week's training with us two weeks ago but couldn't get a reserve game because of the new rules and regulations.

"He impressed us in training, he is 6'5" - and there aren't too many of them about - and he is a hugely intelligent lad with a degree in commerce, and an accounting degree.

"He has given up a career in Dublin, turned down an offer of a three year contract with Bohemians, the champions of the League of Ireland, and he has come to take a chance with us.

"It is all a question of how he does in the next half a dozen reserve games as to whether we can offer him longer terms.

"Our intentions are that we want to do that, otherwise we wouldn't have offered him a contract in the first place.

"He has impressed in training and not looked out of place, but it is all about what he does in the games.

"It was a gamble worth taking and I am looking forward to working with him.

"He is hugely intelligent, and, because of that, I am looking for him to improve quickly to get to the level we want.

"I enjoy working with good human beings and Clive certainly falls into that category."

by Khris Raistrick

http://www.whufc.com/whufcnews.asp?article=133946

EireBadBoy
22/02/2003, 4:37 AM
Fook West Ham, even that Fat Taxi bloke off Eastenders supports them :)
In fairness I hope Delaney makes it, he's a gem of a player for his size.
As for "He impressed us in training, he is 6'5" - and there aren't too many of them about - "
Tell that funny nosed hure Roeder to come and watch some EL Footy, nearly every Team in the Land has a Central Defender that size, that's why I fookin hate Derry playing the 'Keeper-Longball tactic'...If it was size that mattered Big Wes Charles would be the best player in the World (He was pants last year)!

patsh
22/02/2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by shedite
he is 6'5" - and there aren't too many of them about - and he is a hugely intelligent lad with a degree in commerce, and an accounting degree.

So he is taller than anyone else in the squad and is brighter and more educated than the whole of the squad put together...:D :D

fonzi
20/03/2003, 9:47 AM
thats a probability all right.