PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Season so far

pete
27/05/2007, 1:24 PM
3rd of the season completed so time for uninformed team selection... ;)

------------ Ryan
Horgan Maguire Shelly Webb
Murphy Gamble Fahey Robinson
----- O'Donovan Quigley

Murphy, Mulcahy, Cassidy, Turner, Crowe

Eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/blogs/viewblog.asp?bid=43)

Dodge
27/05/2007, 1:38 PM
Fair enough IMO.

swano
27/05/2007, 2:22 PM
Wouldn't have many arguements with the team above although I'd have Ger O Brien at right back. Brilliant in every game so far in his 1st season in the premier.

chippie0001
27/05/2007, 2:28 PM
Can't disagree with it too much, but the team with the best defensive record, Bohs, and not a single member of that defence in the team seems odd. As for the rest apart from Crowe, I would agree not many should be there.

hoopy
27/05/2007, 8:23 PM
We've believed for some time now we've the best keeper in the league so we're gonna disagree on the keeper!

Saint MacDara
27/05/2007, 9:45 PM
We've believed for some time now we've the best keeper in the league so we're gonna disagree on the keeper!

Murphy,jellylegs:confused:

Anto McC
27/05/2007, 10:27 PM

Not as good as Ryan at the moment.

Hibs4Ever
28/05/2007, 8:01 AM

Murphy is a great 'keeper. Barry Ryan is much better though

BohsPartisan
28/05/2007, 8:16 AM
Our Brian Murphy is pure class, obviously most of you won't have seen a lot of him yet but I recjon he's at least as good as Ryan. Time will tell I suppose. Also think Crowe deserves to be a starter in this team. Not only is he putting away his chances with very little service, his general play has also been superb.

Pablo
28/05/2007, 9:02 AM
Our Brian Murphy is pure class, obviously most of you won't have seen a lot of him yet but I recjon he's at least as good as Ryan. Time will tell I suppose. Also think Crowe deserves to be a starter in this team. Not only is he putting away his chances with very little service, his general play has also been superb.

He's been ok. But Quigley and ROD have been miles ahead of the rest.

swano
28/05/2007, 10:20 AM
Murphy is a great 'keeper. Barry Ryan is much better though

So what does that make Ryan then? World class:rolleyes:

Having seen both play on more occasions than any of the Pats fans, I firmly believe Murphy is the better keeper. Ryan has improved since he was with us but not enough to be better than Murphy.

Risteard
28/05/2007, 10:21 AM
The very little i've seen of Crowe recently, he's been useless.
But i think he's probably always looked like that until he's got a goal chance which he's highly likely to tuck away.
Barry Ryans been the best keeer for the past year or two but the Shamrock :) and Boh keeper have impressed me.
Devines still a good keeper but he's either on the start of a downward spiral or going through a bad spell.

Hibs4Ever
28/05/2007, 10:59 AM
So what does that make Ryan then? World class:rolleyes:

Having seen both play on more occasions than any of the Pats fans, I firmly believe Murphy is the better keeper. Ryan has improved since he was with us but not enough to be better than Murphy.

Explain the highlighted part. Bearing in mind we're talking about current season, how have you seen Barry Ryan more than Pats fans?

BohsPartisan
28/05/2007, 11:09 AM
The very little i've seen of Crowe recently, he's been useless.

Well I'd imagine I've seen him a fair bit more than you R. He's scoring goals but not only that, his general play has been superb. Hadn't much of a game against Cork I agree but other than that I can't fault him. The fact that he has been more or less forgiven by the Bohs faithfull already tells its own story.

charliesboots
28/05/2007, 11:36 AM
Can't disagree with it too much, but the team with the best defensive record, Bohs, and not a single member of that defence in the team seems odd. As for the rest apart from Crowe, I would agree not many should be there.

Dessie Byrne is in the eleven-a-side team at left back. The team Pete posted is his selection I think.

passinginterest
28/05/2007, 11:37 AM
Well I'd imagine I've seen him a fair bit more than you R. He's scoring goals but not only that, his general play has been superb. Hadn't much of a game against Cork I agree but other than that I can't fault him. The fact that he has been more or less forgiven by the Bohs faithfull already tells its own story.

I've seen Crowe twice and he was a different player in both games. First time was against Galway and I though he looked completely uninterested and lazy (admittedly the supply of ball was poor and Fenn beside him was no help).

The second time was against Longford and he was brilliant, having just scored twice in the league cup his confidence seemed to be up and he really wanted it. I'd say he loves playing beside Mansaram too, could be a quality target man. If Mansaram gets a goal or two I get the impression he could be a really top class player for Bohs.

BohsPartisan
28/05/2007, 11:54 AM
Mansaram really needs to start converting one on ones, which of course is important for a striker to be able to do. Very frustrating as the rest of his game is very good.

swano
28/05/2007, 11:58 AM
Explain the highlighted part. Bearing in mind we're talking about current season, how have you seen Barry Ryan more than Pats fans?

I was replying to your quote saying "Murphy is a great keeper but Ryan is much better" which wouldn't seem to be only based on this season as it's impossible to have such a strong opinion at such an early stage of the season. Both are very good keepers but IMO Murphy is better and I know pats fans will think Ryan is better. Better to get non biased opinions after a full season to compare the two.

Dodge
28/05/2007, 12:05 PM
Better to get non biased opinions after a full season to compare the two.

No, no, no, no. Far better to have endless debates on the internet with everybody thinking they're right

Jerry The Saint
28/05/2007, 12:23 PM
We've believed for some time now we've the best keeper in the league

:confused: He's only been in the league for 11 matches.

OneRedArmy
28/05/2007, 12:25 PM
I'd have McCourt over either of those wingers.

OhNoYouDidn't
28/05/2007, 12:30 PM

this is his third season in the premier :rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
28/05/2007, 12:31 PM
----------------Ryan

------Maguire McNally Shelly

Murphy --------------------Webb

--------Turner Gamble Fahey

-----------Quigley O'Donovan

Jerry The Saint
28/05/2007, 12:35 PM
this is his third season in the premier :rolleyes:

Sorry, keep forgetting this isn't your first season in the top flight. :o

swano
28/05/2007, 1:45 PM

He was our player of the year the season we got relegated.