PDA

View Full Version : Leaflets at Half-Time?

Kildare Lad
27/05/2007, 9:51 AM
At Station Road last night there were leaflets handed out to all spectators, and they were asked to rate various things about the club out of 5. Where they handed out at other games over the weekend? I think its a briliant idea to get ideas on what to improve on.

pineapple stu
27/05/2007, 9:53 AM
Yeah, Mooney was at Belfield on Friday. It's been going the past couple of weeks at various grounds.

GavinZac
27/05/2007, 11:51 AM
Mooney handed out his satisfaction survey leaflets as soon as we went 2-0 up on bohs :D

Anto McC
27/05/2007, 12:08 PM
Also handed out in Dundalk on Thursday night.

Niall
27/05/2007, 1:18 PM
Yes these were handed out in Tolka the friday before last at the SRFC v Waterford match. Recal one of the questions related to the state of el grounds, as it happens match was abandoned as there was fears a floodlight might fall down !
In all fairness I've been following LoI since the early 80s and no on has bothered to ask me once what my opinion on the league was so this should be welcomed providing there is a plan put in place to adress the issues that will be raised.

As an aside, when will the new stand go up in Station road and are there any pics of what it will look like?

Kildare Lad
27/05/2007, 4:16 PM
I havnt really got a clue about the new stand in Station Road to be honest. I heard that it was going to be in at the start of April, then May etc. so dont know if its even still on the cards. But even if it does come, its going to be 2 temporary stands on the far side of the ground, similiar to the ones used in the Ryder Cup.

hoopy
27/05/2007, 8:25 PM
I asked on the survey if it could be made obligatory for the National team to play an EL select every year, it can only improve the exposure

bellavistaman
27/05/2007, 10:26 PM
I asked on the survey if it could be made obligatory for the National team to play an EL select every year, it can only improve the exposure

Very good idea!!:D:)

Red&White
28/05/2007, 11:23 AM
In other league worldwide you get searched before you go into ground for bottles, glass, sharp objects etc- at Belfield on Friday spectators were being handed out free razors as they went into the gournd as part of a Gillette promotion. :p

superfrank
28/05/2007, 1:45 PM
They were handed out at the Bray Sligo game but there was noone around to collect them after the game. :confused:

Roo69
28/05/2007, 3:41 PM
They were handed out at the Bray Sligo game but there was noone around to collect them after the game. :confused:

Actually that's not correct. We had 4 people handing them out and collecting them at half time and as people were leaving the match. Most people we asked to fill in the surveys actually said no.

Bald Student
28/05/2007, 3:48 PM
Most people we asked to fill in the surveys actually said no.That's to be expected though Roo. If you were out somewhere and were asked to fill in a form you mightn't bother. Anyone with any suggestions on their mind would have taken the time.

Did anyone complement your free kit-kat with a cup of tea policy? It's one of my favourite things about Bray.

Roo69
28/05/2007, 3:57 PM
Did anyone complement your free kit-kat with a cup of tea policy? It's one of my favourite things about Bray.

:D Bad news..... the ladies don't do tea or coffee there anymore! but we do have a lovely mobile hot food unit just inside the turnstiles that serves burgers, hot dogs, pizza etc...

Bald Student
28/05/2007, 4:06 PM
:D Bad news..... the ladies don't do tea or coffee there anymore! but we do have a lovely mobile hot food unit just inside the turnstiles that serves burgers, hot dogs, pizza etc...Boo!!

You've lost yourselves €1.50 in revenue next Tuesday. I hope you're there with your suggestion box, I'll be the angry looking bald fella in a blue shirt.

superfrank
28/05/2007, 4:45 PM
Actually that's not correct. We had 4 people handing them out and collecting them at half time and as people were leaving the match. Most people we asked to fill in the surveys actually said no.
I was not asked to hand mine back even though I walked around for a bit after the game up by the offices and the toilets with the thing in my hand. So if they people were out they weren't doing a good job at collecting them, imo. Most of the fans would be in the main stand and they'd leave through the exit beside the offices but there was noone there when I left.

pineapple stu
28/05/2007, 5:04 PM
There were 520 at Belfield on Friday, and I heard someone say 220 forms were received back.

John83
28/05/2007, 6:34 PM
There were 520 at Belfield on Friday, and I heard someone say 220 forms were received back.
That would be me. Mooney said it himself.

Seagull
28/05/2007, 7:33 PM
I was not asked to hand mine back even though I walked around for a bit after the game up by the offices and the toilets with the thing in my hand. So if they people were out they weren't doing a good job at collecting them, imo. Most of the fans would be in the main stand and they'd leave through the exit beside the offices but there was noone there when I left.
I saw no-one collecting them at half and there was nobody at the gate as I left, apart from John Brady canvessers...

Magicme
29/05/2007, 9:57 AM
We are getting people to return them by using them to pull out one at half time to be entered into our big draw for tickets to the next Rep of Ireland game in Croke Park.

Bluebeard
29/05/2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Mooney was at Belfield on Friday. It's been going the past couple of weeks at various grounds.

Am I the only one who skim read that as money first time out?

pineapple stu
30/05/2007, 12:13 AM
Yep..

ifk101
30/05/2007, 7:45 AM
Does anyone think it would be a good idea if the various clubs let punters in for free for one match to guage the size of potential support?

I know this would be a financial strain for clubs but if clubs can get good crowds to come to the free match they'll know who their potential support are and can then target whatever marketing resources are available on them rather than the current tactic of blanket coverage that's not encouraging new fans to come to matches.

Kildare Lad
30/05/2007, 4:35 PM
Yeah Id say its worth a shot, but I dont know if every club could afford it..