PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME to the Peoples Republic of Cork, Pat Dolan!

Neil
20/02/2003, 10:22 PM
Absolutely brilliant news! Welcome to Cork Pat.
And a ****in masterstroke by Mr. Lennox! Magic.
:cool:

Let's get a bit of a welcoming committee going outside Guinness House tomorrow at noon! I'll be there now...

Badweather Fan
20/02/2003, 10:54 PM
Hallelujah.
The best possible outcome.
Good times ahead :) :) :) :) :)

dahamsta
20/02/2003, 11:13 PM
I think this is great news. Like him or love him, I think most people will agree that Dolan is one of the more progressive managers in Irish football, with an attribute that doesn't exist in most others: the ability to manage the club off the field as well as on. I think Dolan and Lennox have the opportunity to develop a great club in and for Cork City.

I might even start going to matches.

adam

Gary
20/02/2003, 11:23 PM
Brilliant brilliant news. As Vet said above, he can manage both on and off the pitch. He has a proven track record, and he will not put up with mediocrity, on or off the pitch.

he should be able to revolotionise City, and hopefully drag us into the 21st century.

Dolan, never though id see the day when he (a man ive despised after the registration fiasco) would manage City.

His enthuasiasm will do wonders for Citys support, and god knows, it may even help the CCFCSC gain some membership (from what ive heard they will blooody need it!).

Neil
20/02/2003, 11:27 PM
Praise too must go to Brian Lennox. He has done some amazing work in the 12 months that he's been in charge. I honestly thought he had blown it by not getting Rico in but he's proved he knew what he was doing! Well done Brian Lennox.

Now we're getting places...

patsh
20/02/2003, 11:30 PM
Ah f*ck it, all this goodwill, peace to all men and joy to the world sh*t is too much.......
DOLAN OUT !!!!!

;) :D :D :p
as a well known shop-keeper might say:
WELCOME BIG FELLA !!
and fair f*cks to Brian too....:)

Colm
21/02/2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Let's get a bit of a welcoming committee going outside Guinness House tomorrow at noon! I'll be there now... I'll be there.

Welcome Pat...

Dr.Nightdub
21/02/2003, 12:18 AM
If you ever need a couple of second-hand "Dolan Out" banners, you know where we are. :D

Looking forward to the first Pats-Cork match of the new season

joe
21/02/2003, 7:09 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub

Looking forward to the first Pats-Cork match of the new season

what's the betting it will be the first day of the season?

Pablo
21/02/2003, 8:23 AM
welcome Pats, is it just pat we are getting though? interesting wait!

pete
21/02/2003, 9:55 AM
Whether he can get city to do it on the pitch or not we'll just have to wait but Dolan will attract a lot of hype that'll probably get a lot more national interest in city.

In the passion & motivational stakes Dolan should be well ahead of Gunther which hopefully the city squad will rise to.

Welcome to the huge club.

:D

shedboy
21/02/2003, 10:52 AM
Oh happy days are here to stay!!!!

cfcgirl
21/02/2003, 11:10 AM
just confirmed on 96fm at the one a clock news we will hear the press conference beilliant times ahead for cork city

eoinh
21/02/2003, 11:44 AM
off-field boss as well!

is that good?

Macy
21/02/2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
off-field boss as well!

is that good?

LOL.... :p

razor
21/02/2003, 11:49 AM
Any news on backroom staff ?

Don't want a hatful of Charlo's looking after the club

eoinh
21/02/2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Macy
LOL.... :p

thats a no, i take it Macy.

dahamsta
21/02/2003, 11:53 AM
Dolan threads merged.

adam

razor
21/02/2003, 11:53 AM
Lennoxsaid he only wants to bring the best to the club.

Dolan said he is "Very proud to be joining Cork City"
and has signed a 3 year contract

Hitman
21/02/2003, 11:56 AM
Is anyone else worried about the appalling football his teams have played?

James
21/02/2003, 11:58 AM
just beat me to it adam
jeeze this merging threads lark is becoming more work then me job like :D

eoinh
21/02/2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Dolan threads merged.

adam

that sounds painful. i still hope he makes it to the press conference ;)

i wonder will rte show it on the six one news

Macy
21/02/2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
thats a no, i take it Macy.
Dodge will fill you in more, but I think there was a general feeling that he simply couldn't do both....
He was credited with doing well on limited resources, but he was the one also in charge of bringing in those very same resources into the club...
Check out the article on the independent saints site for more... Fat Pat (http://homepage.eircom.net/~saintspics/home.html)

NorthoftheLee
21/02/2003, 12:03 PM
Is anyone else worried about the appalling football his teams have played?

Yes... I am happy with his appointment,there is a lot of pluses with the appointment..

I am worried about the football we will be seeing though. Hopefully it will be a case of new club new style....hopefullly!!!!

James
21/02/2003, 12:06 PM
we have footballing players
with what set piece ath had quality wise .. all they could was hoof and set piece
our players are much more skillfull and i have every faith we are witnessing the dawning of a new era of sucess with ccfc :D

eoinh
21/02/2003, 12:09 PM
i could see him cracking the whip with o'callaghan and billy woods might have to look over his shoulder.

his teams do give their all for 90 minutes

Macy
21/02/2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by James
with what set piece ath had quality wise .. all they could was hoof and set piece
Who signed the players at Pats? He was essentially in charge of playing affairs since 1996...

James
21/02/2003, 12:22 PM
**** off back to your longford bogger forum macy :D
i knew what your saying.. but stop raining on the wejustgotridofmurphyandfoundourselvesagoodmanager-DAY

:D please

Macy
21/02/2003, 12:24 PM
[Bbut stop raining on the wejustgotridofmurphyandfoundourselvesagoodmanager-DAY
[/B]
Time for you to take over Xlex.... :D

ian
21/02/2003, 12:31 PM
Best of luck to Pat on his new quest and may be we can win something with him in the seasons ahead.And for Brian for going for him becouse he can do a good job for this club. So lads lets all give him the support he needs and keep all the banners out of the ground for a season at least and just give him a chanch.The dolan banners i am talking about.COME ON CORK CITY F.C:D :) :) :p :p

eoinh
21/02/2003, 12:36 PM
rumours that Mick Wallace and his €500,000 are in cork also!

Dodge
21/02/2003, 12:48 PM
Looks like that Wallace thing is a red herring....

Can Dolan manage both jobs, for a time yes but ultimately no.

I'm surprised no Cork fan has mentioned how happy we Pats fans are to get rid of him...

James
21/02/2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I'm surprised no Cork fan has mentioned how happy we Pats fans are to get rid of him...

probably cause we dont care about ye needle pushing junkie scum
:D
maybe wait till the drugs wear off dodge and you come down off the high and realise pats though lucky to escape relegation this year, aint looking any better for next year :) and now yer're down 500k also
waaahaaahaaa

Pablo
21/02/2003, 12:55 PM
Looks like that Wallace thing is a red herring....

He was at the press conference too according to the radio so maybe not.............

patsh
21/02/2003, 1:03 PM
RTE Radio news had an interview with Dolan:
He said, WE "are the only club that can possibly fill our ground"
"are the only team capable of catching and competing with Bohs and $hels"
"are a long way behind $/B but will do his best to remedy that"
"incredible potential"
"a lot of hard work to be done" etc.etc.
96FM:
Wallace and one other person were mentioned as being there to support Dolan, so maybe possible investment?
Dolan to look after commercial matters.

I wish Pat all the best and think its great news, but I just hope we have not been landed with a dictator...

Dodge
21/02/2003, 1:25 PM
One thing Dolan can not be faulted for is hype. of course he's gonna say those things, he was saying them last season with us too

BTW I'm tipping Cork for the league this season

Oh and who's fault was it we were nearly relegated?

Dolan's last four seasons
6th 5th 3rd 7th

patsh
21/02/2003, 1:37 PM
from SoccerCentral:

Cork City have announced that their new manager to replace Liam Murphy is…………….. the person linked to the job since Monday night – former Supersaint Pat Dolan.

Dolan was introduced to the media at City’s sponsors HQ Guinness House having resigned his position last evening with St Patrick’s Athletic.

He has accepted a three-year contract offered by Brian Lennox the City chairman and will have responsibilities both on and off the field.
“Cork City FC has the potential to become the biggest club in the country and my aim is to make that happen.”

“I love St Patrick’s Athletic but this is the challenge I needed. Cork City may not have a full-time set up like Shels and Bohs but by the end of my initial three year contract I want people to look around and say Cork City are a full time professional football club.

“My preference will be for local based Munster players and players who want to play for the shirt”, adding “I will have to assess the playing and background staff but I’d be foolish not to bring in people I have worked with an trust.”

He revealed when asked if the €500,000 investment would now come to Cork. Pat said, “the man himself is here in the room.” He then said that Wallace would have had a role at Inchicore had he opted to stay saying, ”The idea was that Mick would be my assistant”.

Interesting about Wallace and "his own people".
Big shake up out the box?

Pablo
21/02/2003, 1:48 PM
nice one. would have liked to be there but the pics will do for now

dalo
21/02/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTY II
Here is what happened.....HERE (http://www.forzacity.com) Exclusive Pictures will appear within the next hour

so what went down-anything of interest said?

Éanna
21/02/2003, 2:44 PM
fantastic news. well done brian lennox. I never imagined we could persuade him to come down here- best man for the job

James
21/02/2003, 2:54 PM
fair play Scotty II
thats the kind of stuff that we need from the city websites
pass my congratualtions onto wayne if u see him on a job well done
looking forward to seeing the photos

Pablo
21/02/2003, 2:55 PM
fair play Scotty II
thats the kind of stuff that we need from the city websites
pass my congratualtions onto wayne if u see him on a job well done
looking forward to seeing the photos

my god james! a positive compliment! the therapy is paying off fella

Dodge
21/02/2003, 2:57 PM
Well it was either that or not be a manager at all

James
21/02/2003, 2:57 PM
praise where its due.. just the same as criticism where its due
nothing more nothing less

the same goes for dolan.. clean slate at the moment, positive thinking etc etc
BUT
we better not start playing like pats were last year and go route 1 football at home.

Pablo
21/02/2003, 3:02 PM
the same goes for dolan.. clean slate at the moment, positive thinking etc etc
BUT
we better not start playing like pats were last year and go route 1 football at home.

Agreed. it'd be a shame with the players we have. i just hope he dont bring a load of cloggers in.

rumers already abounding on the EL MB

Pablo
21/02/2003, 3:03 PM
whats success in his first season though?

Pablo
21/02/2003, 3:10 PM
Well it was either that or not be a manager at all

emmm didnt pats offer him a better deal

Dodge
21/02/2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Agreed. it'd be a shame with the players we have. i just hope he dont bring a load of cloggers in.

rumers already abounding on the EL MB
In fiarness to pat in other seasons under him we weren't that bad. never gorgeous but far from the worst

Dodge
21/02/2003, 3:30 PM
No we offered him a deal to stay on as commercial manager but he wanted to be involved in football

Any who wants the "alledged" details PM me