PDA

View Full Version : FAI living it up in usa?

MojoPin
25/05/2007, 7:09 PM
ive heard a little story about cobh ramblers a little earlier today which i believe to be true from the source but find it hard to fathom well wait it is the FAI..

rams main keeper is ruled out for a few weeks due to a freak accident at work and we dont have a spare keeper, tough **** you may say but due to budget restrictions we have to do without. The board lined up a replacement keeper from somewhere, it could be anywhere cause the club had contacted a few crosschannel teams aswel. They then contacted the FAI for confirmation as to whether the new keeper would be able to play. only to be told that there is noone avaiolable to deal with the matter as all the officails that would deal with such a case are currently on business in the usa?????

how can this happen. im not complainign that we are forced to play with an under 17 keeper as this is our own fault we should have back up in goals but if we have a keeper who is willing to play for us should he not at least be entitled to the fai hearing his case... ?

Lionel Ritchie
25/05/2007, 7:58 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is true.

I'd say there's lightswitch timers plugged in all over Merrion Square.

bholg
25/05/2007, 10:27 PM
Sounds about right.... gift grub fairly accurate by the sounds of things.. 'on business...' hmmmmm

was that yer U17 in goals against harps tonight?? Fair f*cks to him if so .. clean sheet away from home. I know your defence is fairly solid n all, but surley he must have been tested once or twice...

pete
25/05/2007, 10:32 PM
Apparently a lot of wining & dining in the U S of A for potential sponsors & prospective 10 year ticket purchasers of course. I can understand would need a certain amount of officials over there but don't see why Adminstrators of the FAI league would need to be there...

monzo
25/05/2007, 10:34 PM
he was tested - spilled a few shots but done alright I thought

bholg
25/05/2007, 10:42 PM
apparently so....
had a draw backed myself... sounds like we need to start worryin about cobh a bit

bellavistaman
26/05/2007, 12:36 AM
apparently so....
had a draw backed myself... sounds like we need to start worryin about cobh a bit

too right boy! after a shaky start in which hendo called our pre season after a very dodgy winter off the field, were really startin to hit great form! hopefully we beat kildare and kilkenny in the next two weeks and boy god we'll have a cracker down in St.colmans after the break against Dundalk! (which i forecasted all season that we'll take at least apoint if ye!!!:ball:)

bholg
26/05/2007, 10:20 AM
June 23 it is.... will try to make it down for that one allright ...

Long trip worth it to see cork men cry... ;)

Anto McC
26/05/2007, 2:53 PM
They work hard,they've earned it.

Tis-smeee
26/05/2007, 9:52 PM
Yeah thats a fact im sad to say, im even sadder to say that the keeper was anthony fennelly from us

MojoPin
27/05/2007, 1:57 AM
Yeah thats a fact im sad to say, im even sadder to say that the keeper was anthony fennelly from us

mons please delete this thread if i had know it was fennelly who we had lined up i would of payed for every FAI official to be out of the ofiice. even on a different contenient:D