PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime Editors and Converters Help

Lionel Ritchie
24/05/2007, 2:23 PM
Having right hassle with this.

Feckin Nikon camera only records Quicktime .MOV files.

The only editor I have that will edit these is Arcsofts less-than-useless VideoImpression. But wait ...it gets worse ...even that piece of glorified W95-Solitaire-is-less-clanky nonsense dumps the audio when you import the file.

I've grabbed the audio seperately and re-introduced it in both the audio track and -when that didn't work -the "narration" track -which is just another audio track (why not just have multiple audio tracks ffs?) and tried to create an AVI, mpeg, anything ...it dumps the audio again everytime.

The ONLY way I can possibly do it -and this is convuluted and messy and hateful is...

Step 1. Accept that the programme is a piece of crap designed by donkey-raping sh1t-eaters and proceed to convert from MOV. to AVI. or whatever format with no Audio.

Step 2. Use Adobe Audition to re-record the audio (it won't grab it) from the original .MOV file. It's not hard to get it exact -just time consuming.

Step 3. Introduce the Audio-less AVI and resampled audio to Windows Movie Maker and get them to line up and create a new file.

There has to be an easier way.

Zamzar isn't it. I've tried sending them several .MOV files to convert to AVI, MPEG, anything and always get error e-mail messages from them.

Any ideas?

First
24/05/2007, 2:49 PM
Get a life;):D

Lionel Ritchie
25/05/2007, 9:18 AM
Get a life;):D

I'll do that so. Thanks.:rolleyes:

GavinZac
25/05/2007, 9:31 AM
apple software = hassle.

bundled video editing software = hassle.

i'd suggest converting to another format and finding a video editing suite on http://sourceforge.net

Lionel Ritchie
25/05/2007, 9:47 AM
apple software = hassle.

bundled video editing software = hassle.

i'd suggest converting to another format and finding a video editing suite on http://sourceforge.net

I'll have a more thorough look at that link at lunch Gav. Thanks. Converting to the new format is the main problem though.