PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 12 Betting

JC_GUFC
24/05/2007, 11:52 AM
Any fancies this weekend lads?!

Haven't had much of a look but possibly a draw between Waterford and Longford @ 11/5 and my nap of the week would be the 2/1 about UCD beating Derry available on Betfair.

pineapple stu
24/05/2007, 12:33 PM
Would have agreed before Derry got rid of Fenlon. Think there'll be an after-sacking boost.

We're scoring regularly at home though (9 in the last 4) - maybe go for 1-1 at 9/2 with PP?

Dodge
24/05/2007, 1:18 PM
Dundalk look lumponable at 1/2 Thought they'd be shorter

Haven't really looked beyond that

JC_GUFC
24/05/2007, 2:12 PM
But Shels are just like Juventus - they'll be top of the table once they make up their points deduction! ;)

Dodge
24/05/2007, 2:13 PM
Ah, you see I didn't factor that in...

Raheny Red
24/05/2007, 3:07 PM
Dundalk HT Draw FT 14/1 - they nearly ****ed it up last week so lets hope they do it tonight!

JC_GUFC
24/05/2007, 3:28 PM
I see Paddy Power now have Specials on the weekend games.

Highest scoring match, every team to score, total number of goals amongst others...

Could be some value to be had...

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SOCCER&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=115&ev_type_id=8338&ev_oc_grp_ids=47587&bir_index=

Dodge
24/05/2007, 3:35 PM
LOL, like everybody doesn't know what you do now!? Did you forget you got the job on TV?

sligoman
24/05/2007, 3:39 PM
Why is it called "Eircom Premiership" on PP site?

:rolleyes:

el punter
25/05/2007, 2:30 PM
Relentlessly plodding on following some painful reversals:

http://elpunter.blogspot.com/

Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers

Pat Scully felt hard done by when the Drogs took all three points at Tolka Park earlier this season, but his side have shown themselves to fall short against the elite sides in the Premier Division. The continued absence of Aidan Price is a big blow; while Derek Pender misses out also. That said, the Drogs have failed to win any of their last three outings and need to show their bouncebackability following the narrow defeat to league leaders St. Pats last Monday. Last season's deficiencies in front of goal came back to haunt them and Paul Doolin will be looking for Eamon Zayed to up his goal ratio with United defending an unbeaten home record at United Park. There's a little bit of odds against about for Drogheda fanciers, it's worth taking.

Galway United v Bohemians

After finally picking up their first win against Bray Wanderers, the Tribesmen have failed to win in any of their subsequent four fixtures. Goals, or lack of same, continue to present a significant barrier to victory for the promoted side, who have still to record a win at Terryland Park this season. Their opponents haven't set the league alight on the road, with just two goals on their travels thus far. The Gypsys will be looking to bounce back after their first defeat in nine outings at the hands of Cork City. The combination of a team struggling to score taking on a team with the best defensive record in the division points to another disappointing evening for the Galway faithful. BetChronicle are 7/5 against a Bohs win, another good bet.

St. Patrick's Athletic v Sligo Rovers

The buoyant Saints need fear no one after their critical victory over Drogheda United last Monday. Johnny Mc will be hoping that his side's 'blip' is behind them as Paul Cook brings his charges to Inchicore. Only Bohs have prevented the Saints from winning on their own turf this season, and Sligo Rovers would need to produce a performance akin to their demolition of Cork City if they are to take anything from this game. Unfortunately, last week's defeat at the hands of Bray Wanderers suggests that an imminent reprise is unlikely. Not one for betting.

UCD v Derry City

History suggests that whoever scores first will win this game. It's difficult to know what to expect from what will be a wounded Derry side. Can Peter Hutton and Tony Gorman stoke the fires of a squad that may be feeling sorry for itself? Certainly, Pete Mahon would have preferred it if Nutsy had waited until after this fixture to resign. But we know what to expect from the Students who are unbeaten in their last seven league assignments. Derry have left me broke, pure broke. I can't get involved here - doubtless they will win for that very reason.

Waterford United v Longford Town

This pairing at the RSC is unlikely to provoke a scramble for tickets, but credit must go to a Blues outfit which has remained unbeaten in their last three league outings. Longford Town also deserve some kudos for the manner in which they responded to their points deduction; holding Derry City scoreless in Pat Fenlon's final game as manager of the Candystripes. Both sides have a chronic need for points; a chronic contest may ensue. There's better places to invest your money this weekend.

Raheny Red
25/05/2007, 2:42 PM
Bohs, Drogs, Pats treble for me tonight, think I'll throw a few coppers on some ridiculous accy too.

DmanDmythDledge
25/05/2007, 3:14 PM
7/4 are very good odds for us to beat Derry considering all their injuries. http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=692845&postcount=19

pineapple stu
26/05/2007, 1:47 PM
We're scoring regularly at home though (9 in the last 4) - maybe go for 1-1 at 9/2 with PP?
Told you so.

Didn't listen to myself though.