PDA

View Full Version : Galway United -v- Bohs

gufct
24/05/2007, 11:51 AM
It would be lovely to heap more pressure on the poisioned dwarf himself.I see Joxer Kelly is suspended for taking a pee behind the dugout in the brandywell.Murph to get back on track and Sean Connor to burn his disco pants.

Claret Murph
24/05/2007, 11:55 AM
Just have this feeling we are going to win this one and we are going to score twice also , hell I better lie down as I am starting to feel light headed .

gufct
24/05/2007, 11:57 AM
Mind that Claret or youll have to lie down on the back seat Tuesday night ;)

eamo1
24/05/2007, 12:45 PM
i suppose a draw would be ok but i do think we might sneak it.i cant wait to see reggie keep crowe in his pocket all night.
will alan be starting?

corbyeire
24/05/2007, 1:45 PM
we have to win - dont care how

Sumac
24/05/2007, 1:58 PM
Agree with corpyeire. We need wins. We could only be happy with a draw if we a few home wins under our belt

GUISAUltra
24/05/2007, 3:46 PM
dont think we'll beat them. think it'll be a 1-1 draw with us conceding a poor 2nd half goal again

Patrick Dunne
24/05/2007, 9:56 PM
Bohs have a good defensive record. I expect a draw, and wouldn't be
disappointed with it.

Anything other than a win against Longford, on the other hand, will be a complete disaster.

DonO'Bate
24/05/2007, 11:04 PM
It would be lovely to heap more pressure on the poisioned dwarf himself.I see Joxer Kelly is suspended for taking a pee behind the dugout in the brandywell.Murph to get back on track and Sean Connor to burn his disco pants.

I pray that we smash Bohs 6-0 and the "poisoned dwarf" and "his disco pants" will be out on his ear with Fenlon taking his seat by next Wednesday.

BohsPartisan
24/05/2007, 11:05 PM
No way lads, we're in sections F and G - must be an omen! :D

gilberto_eire
24/05/2007, 11:27 PM
No way lads, we're in sections F and G - must be an omen! :D

:confused::confused::.....

sligoman
24/05/2007, 11:29 PM
:confused::confused::.....The sections they use in Dalymount, Block F & G.

Monkfish
24/05/2007, 11:32 PM
The sections they use in Dalymount, Block F & G.

Thought it was a political omen myself!

BohsPartisan
25/05/2007, 7:58 AM
Sligoman was right but more so I was referring to THIS (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=58510)
:D

gufct
25/05/2007, 8:25 AM
It looks like just section G for the Bohs Fans as there are not as many travelling as expected.

BohsPartisan
25/05/2007, 9:10 AM
How many does that hold? I'm sure it will be plenty. Can't see many more than 60 coming. Possibly up to 80. We had two sections in Cork all the same.
There are 20 on the NBB bus but others will travel by train and car.

Conor H
25/05/2007, 9:45 AM
So we'll have brought more to Dalymount than the self proclaimed "Big Club" will to Terryland.

MASSIVE!:cool:

See ye in Foxs!

BohsPartisan
25/05/2007, 9:53 AM
So we'll have brought more to Dalymount than the self proclaimed "Big Club" will to Terryland.

How many did ye bring to Dalyer? Didn't look that much to me!
Anyway Galway is our third long distance away trip in the space of a month and we have Sligo next weekend, so a lot of people can't travel to them all. Another thing, you lads have a sizeable exile fanbease living in Dublin so its not really comparing like with like.

Looking forward to your prematch hospitality! Our bus is leaving at half one from Dalyer. :ball:

sligoman
25/05/2007, 9:55 AM
we have Sligo next weekend, so a lot of people can't travel to them all.The return of the *****, can't wait!:p

Conor H
25/05/2007, 9:56 AM
Do what the Derry lads did.

Park on Merchants Road and then walk to Foxs-about 30 seconds walk.
Then a 5 minute drive to Terryland.Very little point of going to Terryland at 5pm and then having to walk or get a Taxi into the Square.

corbyeire
25/05/2007, 9:59 AM
theres a bus parking bay there near the hostel on merchants road

Conor H
25/05/2007, 10:00 AM
Ya that's what i'm on about it.Definitely the handiest place.

gufct
25/05/2007, 10:17 AM
according to todays papers there is a doubt over Kevin Hunt which is good news for us.I reckon Bohs will have 100 there and the pressure to build on the Posioned Dwarf if they dont win. Still feel good about this one hopefully we will get a decent crowd and our fans get behind the lads as usual.

Sumac
25/05/2007, 1:53 PM
It is very important to get our first home win tonight and after what I saw in Dalymount I think we are more than capable of taking 3 points in this one

Torn-Ado
25/05/2007, 6:22 PM
Come on GALWAY.

Get stuck in tonight and give us a win

SkStu
25/05/2007, 7:28 PM
i do think we might sneak it.i cant wait to see reggie keep crowe in his pocket all night.

hehe :p

BohsPartisan
26/05/2007, 12:54 PM
Alright lads, cheers for the hospitality, good craic in the pub, also enjoyed ripping the p1ss out of the lad who was telling racist jokes!

Conor H
26/05/2007, 1:01 PM
He's a complete Gob that spanner...comes to a few games.only interested in racist jokes and having a fight.:rolleyes:

Good crack before and after........the game was one of the worst i've ever seen.
John Lester should be fined a weeks wages for his "contribution".Barry Moran and a few should give back their wages.

Fair play to the Galway public.It's now practically June and we haven't won at home yet still they keep coming out...granted last night was the lowest at 1400.The team really would want to give something back.I've said it before and i'll say it again.Over the last 5 years the players are the only part of the Club to not pull their weight.

eamo1
26/05/2007, 8:22 PM
last nights performance by most of the bohs players was really sad and pathetic.bohs were the most cynical,sly,cheating team ive seen in many years.my family whove been going to terryland for a long time too said the same thing.they reminded me of porto in that uefa cup final vrs celtic a few years ago,diving,time wasting,sly hits and tackles etc etc.
they are a poor footballing side,we were muck ourselves but i just cant believe how bad and cynical bohs were.they had the ref in their pocket and knew he was easily influenced and so all night they kept at him,derek said 1 thing to him and got booked.
also des byrne,their number 3,was the biggest cheater last night.he was booked early on and made 4/5 fouls after that and didnt get a second yellow,he made some gesture to the crowd to at the end involving 1 finger(charming).lester did 2 things and got 2 yellows-DISGRACE.
we were poor.rodgers was a disgrace-DROP HIM AND BRING BACK GOUGH.

BohsFans
27/05/2007, 12:42 AM
last nights performance by most of the bohs players was really sad and pathetic.bohs were the most cynical,sly,cheating team ive seen in many years.my family whove been going to terryland for a long time too said the same thing.they reminded me of porto in that uefa cup final vrs celtic a few years ago,diving,time wasting,sly hits and tackles etc etc.
they are a poor footballing side,we were muck ourselves but i just cant believe how bad and cynical bohs were.they had the ref in their pocket and knew he was easily influenced and so all night they kept at him,derek said 1 thing to him and got booked.
also des byrne,their number 3,was the biggest cheater last night.he was booked early on and made 4/5 fouls after that and didnt get a second yellow,he made some gesture to the crowd to at the end involving 1 finger(charming).lester did 2 things and got 2 yellows-DISGRACE.
we were poor.rodgers was a disgrace-DROP HIM AND BRING BACK GOUGH.

Nonsense! :rolleyes:

btw spaces after full stops and commas.

Terry
27/05/2007, 7:37 AM
worst match in terryland that I have watched in years. We were ****, but so were bohs it has to be said. I couldn't believe they were time wasting with ten minutes to go in the first half ! eleven ronaldos !

Hope the club heavily fine Lester for his antics too, donkey. Only good thing is he will be suspended now for the longford match so hopefully Russell will start. On that point, why was Russell and Foley sitting in the stand? Two of our best players and they weren't even on the bench?

Conor, PM who was saying the rasict joke. I will bring along a couple of lads from work next match and see how well he tells them, ********.

Eamo, I dont think picking on rodgers alone is fair, If we were dropping players for there performance last friday night I could name 5 or 6 players that should be dropped !

Terry
27/05/2007, 9:37 AM
didnt see it that way at all ?

corbyeire
27/05/2007, 11:38 AM
the communication at the back was atrocious between the back line and rogers - bohs should have beaten us by 2-3 more

absolutely no creativity in the galway side - why werent foley and russell playing - crazy if not injured/suspended

moran and oreilly shouldnt be starting

you can say what you like about the ref and negative bohs - but as it has been said above - i havent seen them play that badly in years

corbyeire
27/05/2007, 11:39 AM
oh yea bohs partisan - good craic pre match - and thanks for the lift down to terryland

GuisaSaigon
27/05/2007, 12:50 PM
love the shout of the Dodgy, dodgy, red pants at the end of Connor's interview!
United were very poor I expect a lot better in the Flansiro on Tuesday night.
The Ref was the worst i've seen this season. We had two clear penalties turned down in the 1st half, and Bohs had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the 2nd. I think Bohs took advantage of the situation and tried to dive and have digs off the ball whenever they could. I wouldn't really blame them, the ref and linesmen were so crap.
Cheers to the Bohs lads for the lift to Terryland and the water too. Pity our attempt to turn your bus into a convertible didn't come off though. :D

corbyeire
27/05/2007, 2:15 PM
:D

convertible - brilliant :cool:

yea the water what a class touch - did any of your crowd get crypto in the end ;)

BohsPartisan
27/05/2007, 4:23 PM
oh yea bohs partisan - good craic pre match - and thanks for the lift down to terryland

Yeah good times. You've got a new nickname now - "Stewie Byrne" :D

BTW check your email!

BohsFans
27/05/2007, 5:51 PM
eleven ronaldos !

you must be on the water again! :rolleyes:

We took our chance, we won comfortably.

Your full time, you were at home and you didn't even trouble Brian Murphy + Liam Burns had a stinker.

I'd be looking at yourselves first rather than criticising us for the way we took the 3 points!

If we beat Pats tomorrow we go 2nd! :)

Terry
27/05/2007, 5:53 PM
Yeah good times.

sound bunch of lads down in foxes alright before the match, even if ye are a bunch of Johnny Logan Fans !!!!!!! :D

BohsPartisan
27/05/2007, 9:46 PM
sound bunch of lads down in foxes alright before the match, even if ye are a bunch of Johnny Logan Fans !!!!!!! :D

Don't... don't close your heart to how you feel
Dream, and don't be afraid the dream's not real
Close your eyes, pretend it's just the two of us again
Make believe this moment's here to stay
Touch... touch me the way you used to do
I know tonight could be all I'll have with you
From now on, you'll be with someone else instead of me
So tonight, let's fill this memory
For the last time -

Hold me now
Don't cry, don't say a word
Just hold me now
And I will know -
Though we're apart, we'll always be together
Forever in love
What do you say when words are not enough?

Time... time will be kind once we're apart
And your tears... tears will have no place in your heart
I wish I... I could say how much I'll miss you when you're gone
How my love for you will go on and on and

Hold me now
Don't cry, don't say a word
Just hold me now
And try to understand that
I hope at last you've found
What you've been searchin' for
And though I won't be there anymore
I will always love you

(Hold me now)
(Don't cry,) don't say a word
Just hold me now
And I will know -
Though we're apart, we'll always be together
Forever in love
What do you say when words are not enough?

What can I say?
Now my words are not enough

Johnny Logan - Bohs Hero! :D

K1bUYBc-_uw

MyTown
28/05/2007, 9:27 AM
Bohs took their chance and deserved their win.

Sean Connor appeared to enjoy - yes enjoy - the red pants chant from the united fans. A great example of a good slag that didn't get out of hand. But he showed his contempt for us in the post match interview, which he did previously when manager of Sligo. In fariness on both occassions we never gave his teams cause for concern.

We're not creating enough of chances and only Alan Murphy seems to have the necessary composure in front of goal. O'Brien turned AWAY from goal and into two defenders when Glynn and O'Flynn were waiting for a delivery, and Moran and Cooke over hit crosses, although Cooke did okay when he came in. My point is that confidence is so low, they're bricking it, when they get into the penalty area. Contrast that with Crowe who was very calm capitalising on our mistakes for the goal.

A word for Derek Glynn. It was his first start and a lot of you have been calling for his inclusion. I thought the Bohs centre back (Liam Burns) rode him rock solid. Derek got no change out of the ref and was elbowed, kicked and shoved all night. I've no doubt if it was a more established front man, at least one penalty would have been given, and Burns would have gotten what he deserved. If Lester deserved to walk, then Burns should've been gone by half time. I hope Derek will have learnt from the experience and get on the scoresheet very soon. He has tried very hard so far and deserves a break.

DonO'Bate
28/05/2007, 10:12 PM
Couldn't believe Bohs resorted to timewasting in the first half to take the sting out of Utd's attacks. For the second week running we were denied a penalty when O'Flynn was fouled by two Bohs defenders when through on goal. I don't understand why assisted referees don't flag for these anymore especially when the ref is unsighted. The officals were poor.I n fairness we played poorly and Bohs should have won by more. The manager's decision to keep Barry Moran and not Dave O'Dowd is backfiring. on him. The team's confidence is low. United's performance was expertly summed up by one United head when he said it was the "type of game best observed through the haze of alcohol".

GuisaSaigon
29/05/2007, 9:20 AM
"type of game best observed through the haze of alcohol".

Aren't they all ? :)

GUISAUltra
29/05/2007, 1:18 PM
bohs definitely thoroughly deserved their win and any of us that thinkthey didnt are just looking for a reason to explain why we were so bad. we were terrible, simple as. onwards and upwards tonight is what i say