PDA

View Full Version : Team Doctors

iceman
23/05/2007, 6:09 PM
I have noticed that Drogs have placed their team doctor on the bench for recent league games and in the Setanta Cup final , kitted out in club gear. Do any other clubs have the same practice? Is there a limit on the number of technical staff allowed on the bench? At the Setanta Cup final I counted Drogs with five plus subs , Doolin , John Carroll(assistant), Dessie Judge ( massusse) Albert Byrne(Physio) and the doc. Is this a record?

Footsoldier
23/05/2007, 10:47 PM
The Youths have had the Doc in the dugout for all home games. Hasn't been kitted out in the colours though.

passerrby
23/05/2007, 10:53 PM
same at the mons at every home game but does not travel to away games ...to expensive i believe

Student Mullet
23/05/2007, 10:57 PM
The UCDD doctor sits on the bench and is mostly kitted out in club gear.

michaelguineys
24/05/2007, 8:33 AM
on our bench we would usually have Rico, Dave Hill (Asst), Emma Robertson (Physio) Tom Enright (massusse) and Dr. Gerard Murphy (Doctor), think Biscuits (Goalkeeping c oach) is always on the bench too

Magicme
24/05/2007, 8:33 AM
same at the mons at every home game but does not travel to away games ...to expensive i believe

Aw now he doesnt always sit on the bench....one day he sat in the stand and had his stetescope on just in case nobody knew he was the doctor! :D

Risteard
24/05/2007, 10:59 AM
on our bench we would usually have Rico, Dave Hill (Asst), Emma Robertson (Physio) Tom Enright (massusse) and Dr. Gerard Murphy (Doctor), think Biscuits (Goalkeeping c oach) is always on the bench too

What's the name of that new guy who does the drills before matches?
I think he's a fitness coach?

iceman
24/05/2007, 11:52 AM
Add Tim Dalton to the Drogs list , forgot about the GK coach.
Is there a limit on the amount of technical staff? Its getting unreal!

Dodge
24/05/2007, 12:04 PM
I have noticed that Drogs have placed their team doctor on the bench for recent league games and in the Setanta Cup final
And a fine job he's doing too!

Pats have manager, assitant, coach, GK coach, physio and doctor. A few of the u21 management team usually appear too

passerrby
24/05/2007, 12:05 PM
just as a matter of interest how many grounds have dug outs for 4th official

pineapple stu
24/05/2007, 12:34 PM
Most, I'd hope!

Belfield has one anyway.

sligoman
24/05/2007, 12:47 PM
just as a matter of interest how many grounds have dug outs for 4th officialIt's usually Paul Deering so we didn't bother putting a dug-out in place for him:D.

BohsFans
24/05/2007, 4:10 PM
just as a matter of interest how many grounds have dug outs for 4th official

Monaghan is the only one I can remember that doesn't.

Even St. Mel's had one! :eek:

EDIT and Richmond.

iceman
24/05/2007, 5:28 PM
United Park does'nt have one , the 4th official stands in front of the stand.

Magicme
25/05/2007, 8:38 AM
Monaghan is the only one I can remember that doesn't.

That has changed now and we have a lovely 2 seater one now. Have had to use it myself during juvenile matches to help the ref out!

Footsoldier
25/05/2007, 9:17 AM
We didn't for the first home game. Dolan went off and got him one of those white garden chairs. The only problem was that yer man didn't sit down for the entire game and it was the windiest day EVER! How the chair didn't end up on the Dublin road, I'll never know.

Wallace got the dug out for the next game, though. Mighty fine it looks too. Nothing but the best from our glorious long-haired leader :D

Jerry The Saint
25/05/2007, 9:54 AM
And a fine job he's doing too!

Pats have manager, assitant, coach, GK coach, physio and doctor. A few of the u21 management team usually appear too

http://www.stpatsfc.com/technical_staff.php

Colm Foley singled out Osam (U-21 manager) as an important part of the back-up team during his post-match interview on Monday. I believe Oso also stepped in for Liam O'Brien as assistant coach when he couldn't make the game in Galway.

Kerr said in Monday's programme that Pats have just hired a new full-time member of the physio/medical team and he has plans to expand the backroom staff with more medical and sports-sciencey-type people. :ball:

The big question is - will Anto Murphy and Dave Mulcahy have a better attention span than the likes of Richie Dunne or Stephen Carr, or will they just ditch the DVD viewings to go off and play pool or something...:confused:

Drumcondra Red
25/05/2007, 5:41 PM
Our Doc wears a nice sharp suit

passerrby
25/05/2007, 6:05 PM

who treats him if he cuts himself on it.

Raheny Red
25/05/2007, 6:15 PM

Is he still about :confused: