PDA

View Full Version : Just found us a ground!

gael353
19/02/2003, 5:48 PM
Well we seem to be heading to the Pike field up in southhill, so ive looked around the city for a better location/site and look what i found. Now we all know the markets field is the best site and belive me it is, but talking to the mayor of Limerick this morning and he confirmed that it will become available but not soon as there are hold ups in their application. so i looked further. Ive trained there for years, football and athletics, its got 3 exits at present and another two could be put in. Its got one hotel and another to be built alongside it, its owned by the corporation (you know that crowed of democratically elected officials who always claim to want o help Limerick football club) yes its the LPYMA on the Ennis road. Its got size, exits, location location location. Presently used by Shelbourne AFC and Limerick Athletic Club who at this moment come and see lads are doing it up. Thy of course whould have to be compensated but shels were given shelbourne park 5years ago to get out so thats them taken care of. Belive me lads the day we meet for the second fans forum we (believed to be in march) we should all meet up and go round to these sites and have a gander.

Mac
20/02/2003, 2:36 AM
The pike field is much too far to go to watch another relegation dogfight next season.It's got to be the Market's Field sooner rather than later."Happy Hanley" & CO need to get on it as soon as possible. What is the pitch itself like there now.It used to be crap and are the light's any good?

Schumi
20/02/2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Mac
The pike field is much too far to go to watch another relegation dogfight next season. Lucky you can't get relegated out of the 1st division so!

lims fan
21/02/2003, 5:12 AM
THE PIKE FIELD IS A DUMP - I WOULDN'T EVEN ALLOW MY DOG TAKE A DUM THERE. Now I'M off to the beach!

deise deserter
24/02/2003, 10:50 AM
Was up in Pike yesterday and I'm still not too impressed yet. I think it's a very bad reflection on the club itself that the fans were not brought in and involved as promised in the first Fans Forum.

I think that financially the club will be onto a loser here in regards ticket revenue. There is no real boundary up there and there are an abundance of tracks where it is obvious that people are coming in.

Does anyone know the exact deal with M & A Kelly Security and Pike as when I went up yesterday the place was plastered with their advertising boards. Are they involved with the club? Could we taking a step back to Father Joe territory or am I just reading to much into it?

sadloserkid
24/02/2003, 10:54 AM
You're reading too much into it. Look at Punches, they have M & A Kelly security signs all over the gaff but nobody has ever accused it of being a 'Kelly pub'.

deise deserter
24/02/2003, 2:18 PM
I know what you are saying and God knows everyone hopes you are right, but I saw at least 4-5 big placards allaround the place. With that and the grounds geographical situation it would make one wonder about any involvement.

sadloserkid
24/02/2003, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
I know what you are saying and God knows everyone hopes you are right, but I saw at least 4-5 big placards allaround the place. With that and the grounds geographical situation it would make one wonder about any involvement.

So then Pike Field is probably the safest place in Southhill. What difference does it make what security firm keeps an eye on it. Like I said nobody doesn't drink in Punches because of the fact that M & A Kelly are the security firm there. It's irrelevent how many placards are around the place to be honest. I'm not 100% convinced myself but the Pike' positives far outway those of most of the other alternatives and while I share the same reservations about its location as anybody else I'm not going to have a Sunday World style knee-jerk reaction to its 'geographical situation' (hee-hee, you make it sound like it's pregnant or something!) I'm still not sure what you're worried about to be honest with the placards...

lims fan
25/02/2003, 1:06 AM
even after all that has been said the club still defied its fans by not calling a forum. The committee are useless, brainless morons and have no place in the league

Fr. Joe
25/02/2003, 1:07 AM
There should be a campaign set up to bring us back to the home of Limerick soccer, The Markets Field. Anyone agree?

sadloserkid
25/02/2003, 8:29 AM
I agree Fr.Joe BUT having gone up to have a look around at The Market's Field a few weeks ago it's not suitable to be played on at the moment. Also I've heard that Bord Na Gan will be staying put for a while now. But in the medium-term we should looking at finding a backer to buy it for us as soon as it's available and then developing it. It's big enough to easily beat the licensing scheme and already boasts 5-6 entrances and a huge stand. It's an obvious solution really right? Which means you know it, I know it and gael353 knows it. It may take a year or two to get it ready but it is the solution.

deise deserter
27/02/2003, 12:45 PM
Christ I promised I never say this but.... ;)

... Lims Fan is 100% correct on this one - we've been shafted in regards meeting with the club.

Slk any news on that meeting with the PR guy or are they still delaying?