PDA

View Full Version : Who is the goalkeeper?

tricky_colour
22/05/2007, 6:12 PM
I have just been thinking, how is the keeper identified offically in a football match, I mean say for example Given was injured all subs used and O'Shea
went in goal. Would it be possible for someone else go in goal at a later point or would it have to be O'Shea for the rest of the match?
I mean if O'Shea got injured that means you have to play without a keeper?

I think the answer might be the keeper has to be designated but how is this done or can someone else just run in goal and say i'm the keeper now?

DmanDmythDledge
22/05/2007, 6:18 PM
I think the answer might be the keeper has to be designated but how is this done or can someone else just run in goal and say i'm the keeper now?
The keeper doesn't have to be designated. If you want to swap with a player already on the pitch you have to tell the ref first.

Dodge
22/05/2007, 6:19 PM
No keeper is designated. Can't remember who they were playing but earlier this season Van Der Sar got injured for Man U and they had no subs left. Ferdinand initially put the jersey on but took it off when it was decided O'Shea would go in goal

tricky_colour
22/05/2007, 8:40 PM
The keeper doesn't have to be designated. If you want to swap with a player already on the pitch you have to tell the ref first.

But would you have to wait for a stopage first?

Or just shout "Oi ref I'm the keeper now!!"

Schumi
22/05/2007, 8:46 PM
But would you have to wait for a stopage first?

Or just shout "Oi ref I'm the keeper now!!"I think you have to wait for a stoppage but I'm not positive.

SkStu
22/05/2007, 9:01 PM
just tell the ref youre gonna play last man back. :D

tetsujin1979
22/05/2007, 9:17 PM
No keeper is designated. Can't remember who they were playing but earlier this season Van Der Sar got injured for Man U and they had no subs left. Ferdinand initially put the jersey on but took it off when it was decided O'Shea would go in goal

It was Spurs, O'Shea denied Robbie Keane a sure goal

anto1208
22/05/2007, 9:24 PM
just tell the ref youre gonna play last man back. :D

Dam you i was going to say that :D

Risteard
23/05/2007, 1:01 AM
By wearing the goalkeeper jersey, maybe?