PDA

View Full Version : eleven a side best 11 so far

corbyeire
22/05/2007, 2:06 PM
no surprise not one galway player in there - still thought regi might have made the subs :confused:

inthestand99
22/05/2007, 6:15 PM
Are they really trying to tell us that Wes and Reggie, and to a lesser extent Ciaran F havent matched the best up to now?????????????????????????

gilberto_eire
22/05/2007, 6:16 PM
Are they really trying to tell us that Wes and Reggie, and to a lesser extent Ciaran F havent matched the best up to now?????????????????????????

whatever about the other two reggie is well above the standard of football is this country.... only other player this year i wouldnt doubt that about either was mccourt!!

Sumac
23/05/2007, 7:54 AM
Reggie has been good, but I wouldn't say he sticks out as one of teh top defenders in the country
Reggie is big, strong and committed. Unfortunately he mistimes takles and his distribution can be iffy at times. Would struggle to get into a lot of teams in the Premier
C Foley has been having a great season but but you cannot compare hime to the likes of Ndo, Cahill, Gamble
In my opinion Alan Murphy is the Utd player most comfortable at this level

gilberto_eire
23/05/2007, 1:49 PM
Reggie has been good, but I wouldn't say he sticks out as one of teh top defenders in the country
Reggie is big, strong and committed. Unfortunately he mistimes takles and his distribution can be iffy at times. Would struggle to get into a lot of teams in the Premier
C Foley has been having a great season but but you cannot compare hime to the likes of Ndo, Cahill, Gamble
In my opinion Alan Murphy is the Utd player most comfortable at this level

what are you talking about??.... that is a ridicioules statement imo.
the exact person you've described there is wes, thats wes to a T and the complete opposite of reggie. he does be all over the defense left right and center making crucial tackles, his distribution isnt poor either as he used to play wing-back and in mid-field...however i remember a few times this year wes just pumping long balls up field when there wasnt any pressure at all on him to do so....
murphy has been class this year too.
Murph and reggie are the type of players(standard wise) we need throughout the team if we want to take the next steps and compete at the top.
foley can tackle but his passing,shooting,vision etc... are not good enough. but when you consider what squad improvements are essential, its urgency level falls behind the wings,left-back,striker and center-mid(attack minded)
i think a quick way of sorting things out in july would be just to get an attack minded center-mid and push murphs up front.

Sumac
24/05/2007, 7:35 AM
the exact person you've described there is wes, thats wes to a T and the complete opposite of reggie.

Apologies Gilberto, that was a typo - should have written Wes:o Well spotted though

gilberto_eire
24/05/2007, 12:09 PM
Apologies Gilberto, that was a typo - should have written Wes:o Well spotted though

ooh right well then i totally agree with ya on wes..... ive said before for further progression he would need to be your back up center back..... ya wont go far with him playing.... at the top you need guys who can do it all, pass,head,tackle,run with it etc..... although i have to say his tackling was top notch against UCD!!

GUISAUltra
24/05/2007, 3:51 PM
wes really stepped up against UCD. if he performed like that in every game then he would definitely be good enough.

gilberto_eire
24/05/2007, 4:03 PM
wes really stepped up against UCD. if he performed like that in every game then he would definitely be good enough.

i wouldnt disagree as i said he played a blinder against them...however i think he's passed the age of progession now which is un-fortunate!!

GUISAUltra
24/05/2007, 5:20 PM
i'm not saying progression. if he can maintain the form he showed against UCD then he wouldnt have to progress