PDA

View Full Version : new city manager to be revealed this friday

Pablo
19/02/2003, 12:51 PM
Cork will unveil new man Friday

Cork City have announced that they will announce the identity of their new manager at a Friday press conference, with speculation intensifying that Pat Dolan is set to quit St Patrick’s Athletic to take over at Turners Cross.

Several high-profile bosses were mentioned in connection with the Cork post, with former Arsenal boss Bruce Rioch, ex-Hull City manager Jan Molby and the highly-regarded John Beck, previously manager of Cambridge United, all possibles for the job.

But Dolan, who has won two league titles during his 15-year association with St Pats, has emerged as the man most likely to take over a club with the biggest fan base in the country.

The club have announced that they will hold a noon press conference on Friday, at which Dolan is expected to be named the new boss.

eleven-a-side

Pablo
19/02/2003, 12:52 PM
All press and media seem to think its a done deal

Dodge
19/02/2003, 1:00 PM
Bit misleading. he hasn't been with us 15 years. In his time as manager we've won one league... Although 4 in that 15 year period. Inhis time at the club we've won 3

Pablo
19/02/2003, 2:13 PM
well guiness house is booked. they only ever use that for big signings(rare i know) or occasions like 1998 when we won the cup(even rarer).

Could be a suprise yet, but seeing as the sponsor is involved i'd say Brian has the man he wants alright.......we'll just have to see who :confused:

Hecko
19/02/2003, 5:10 PM
Saw Dolan in the Powerscourt in Dublin having lunch this week and he was celebrating something, having lunch with his mate Wallace the builder (the bloke who got taken to court last year for hanging political hoardings off his sites).

Don't know if he's coming but Pablo has a point about Lennox having an ulterior motive in getting Fat Pat with his sideline business - and I thought that might make molby a starter, but no-one rivals Pat in the pie-eating stakes:D

jofyisgod
19/02/2003, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by Hecko
Saw Dolan in the Powerscourt in Dublin having lunch

What a suprise!:D
peter

Pablo
20/02/2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Hecko

Don't know if he's coming but Pablo has a point about Lennox having an ulterior motive in getting Fat Pat with his sideline business - and I thought that might make molby a starter, but no-one rivals Pat in the pie-eating stakes:D

i was refering to Guinness