PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Prendergast Memorial 2007

Pages : [1] 2

brutus
21/05/2007, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know the date for the tucker tournament this year?

Spudd
21/05/2007, 11:55 AM
Ask your uncle.

brutus
21/05/2007, 2:04 PM
Ask your uncle.

Who would that be.

smellyfeet
21/05/2007, 3:08 PM
Who would that be.

your anties husband:D

brutus
21/05/2007, 3:38 PM
your anties husband:D

Nice 1,smellyfeet maybe you can help me on this one if you are invovlved in this tournament,when it kicking off??

Spudd
21/05/2007, 3:56 PM
Who would that be.

Smicker.

brutus
21/05/2007, 4:14 PM
Smicker.

Where you getting smicker from spudd,I havent even got a uncle called mick,thats the only name i can see in this smicker bloke.
You have lost the plot altogether spudddoooo!!!

Spudd
21/05/2007, 6:04 PM
Where you getting smicker from spudd,I havent even got a uncle called mick,thats the only name i can see in this smicker bloke.
You have lost the plot altogether spudddoooo!!!

Johney Bartez so kid...

smellyfeet
22/05/2007, 8:17 AM
Nice 1,smellyfeet maybe you can help me on this one if you are invovlved in this tournament,when it kicking off??

Sorry but haven't heard anything yet.

brutus
22/05/2007, 10:13 AM
Johney Bartez so kid...

Johney Barthez is no uncle of mine kid,you must be confused over your antics the weekend :D

old git
22/05/2007, 3:49 PM
Sorry but haven't heard anything yet.

is it being played on astro turf in wolfe tones again.. hope not
its a disgrace none of the local clubs will lend a pitch for this tournament ..:ball:

smellyfeet
22/05/2007, 4:00 PM
is it being played on astro turf in wolfe tones again.. hope not
its a disgrace none of the local clubs will lend a pitch for this tournament ..:ball:

Hope its not on the astro either. Played in the tournament on pitch and astro and would honestly say that on a pitch it is much better,but its a memorial so as long as it is played it shouldn't matter.

the 12 th man
22/05/2007, 8:31 PM
juan pablo-post something like that again and you'll be out of here.

Lev Yashin
23/05/2007, 6:32 AM
to my knowledge the local clubs wouldn't be insured to host this..f.a.i. rule just like league refs cant ref them....

for years it was held in de beers club..surely there is somewhere that could host it?
i know there is an issue with insurance.
but speaking from my point of view there is nothing worse than playing on the astroturf.

old git
23/05/2007, 8:13 AM
to my knowledge the local clubs wouldn't be insured to host this..f.a.i. rule just like league refs cant ref them....

jesus the fai f**k up everything.. is there no way local clubs could bend rules a bit after all tucker played for a couple of these clubs also.. it is a memorial tournament after all :ball:

brutus
23/05/2007, 10:23 AM
jesus the fai f**k up everything.. is there no way local clubs could bend rules a bit after all tucker played for a couple of these clubs also.. it is a memorial tournament after all :ball:

Exactly it is a memorial tournament for a guy who played with a few local clubs,maybe if the organisers of this tournament went to check it out with stoney or tom mcdade for the use of newtowns pitches seen as there in best condition in the town,hopefully 1 of the lads could pull a few strings together and get it off the turf on to the pitches,then we would have 11 a-side instead of the ****e 9 a-side on the turf,alot more lads will get to play more ball too.:ball::ball:

brutus
23/05/2007, 2:01 PM
Just bein informed the tournament kicks off on the 11th of june in wolfe tones.

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 10:47 AM
Just bein informed the tournament kicks off on the 11th of june in wolfe tones.

Who told you your Uncle:D Just joking.

Will be a good kicking contest again in the gaa so, a few shoulders and that to sent players flying into the walls.GREAT.

brutus
24/05/2007, 10:58 AM
Who told you your Uncle:D Just joking.

Will be a good kicking contest again in the gaa so, a few shoulders and that to sent players flying into the walls.GREAT.

No my mas brother:D
Will you be playing in this tournament smellyfeet? If ya which team from the 8 involved.

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 11:11 AM
No my mas brother:D
Will you be playing in this tournament smellyfeet? If ya which team from the 8 involved.

Depends on who offers the most cash.

Was already offered 50 a game from 1 company.;)

brutus
24/05/2007, 11:18 AM
Depends on who offers the most cash.

Was already offered 50 a game from 1 company.;)

50 a game that alright,sure you might as well take that offer because you will get tops your 3 league games that make near enough a weeks dole,
If you get to the knockout stage count it as a bonus because i deep down i cant see ye getting that far :D

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 11:27 AM
50 a game that alright,sure you might as well take that offer because you will get tops your 3 league games that make near enough a weeks dole,
If you get to the knockout stage count it as a bonus because i deep down i cant see ye getting that far :D

Sure we'll see Brutus, we have a leathal weapon in our team, who can turn a game into a war, Hope Andy OMahony (if reffereeing this year) can control him cause things could get ugly. With this leathal weapon nobody is safe, not even his team mates.

brutus
24/05/2007, 11:33 AM
Sure we'll see Brutus, we have a leathal weapon in our team, who can turn a game into a war, Hope Andy OMahony (if reffereeing this year) can control him cause things could get ugly. With this leathal weapon nobody is safe, not even his team mates.

Does he wear a wig.:)

Spudd
24/05/2007, 11:35 AM
Or does his girlfriend have 12 kids?:D

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 12:39 PM
Does he wear a wig.:)

I've just been told that you'll pay for that remark.:D

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 12:40 PM
Or does his girlfriend have 12 kids?:D

NO:):)

smellyfeet
24/05/2007, 12:40 PM
or is he serving a ban?????

No:):)

brutus
24/05/2007, 1:32 PM
I've just been told that you'll pay for that remark.:D

Tell him i cant wait and to get a bandana for it because its goin to be windy for the coming month.:D

smellyfeet
25/05/2007, 10:35 AM
Tell him i cant wait and to get a bandana for it because its goin to be windy for the coming month.:D

He'll knock the wind out of you:p

brutus
25/05/2007, 11:13 AM
He'll knock the wind out of you:p

Im surprised he didnt get a 2 year ban after the show he put on last year,but he makes the tournament alot more exciting with his mad behaviour,gas man doh and to be honest if we play against him i just hope hes not marking me.:ball:

smellyfeet
25/05/2007, 1:46 PM
Im surprised he didnt get a 2 year ban after the show he put on last year,but he makes the tournament alot more exciting with his mad behaviour,gas man doh and to be honest if we play against him i just hope hes not marking me.:ball:

Your marked already

brutus
25/05/2007, 2:17 PM
Your marked already

And who would that be?

smellyfeet
25/05/2007, 2:36 PM
And who would that be?

You, Brutus, your Ma's brothers Nephew:p

brutus
25/05/2007, 2:47 PM
You, Brutus, your Ma's brothers Nephew:p

Nothing to worry about so:D

smellyfeet
25/05/2007, 2:48 PM
Nothing to worry about so:D

For now:cool:

brutus
25/05/2007, 2:59 PM
For now:cool:

The only thing to worry about is keeping your man with the wig outside the cages at all times,if he steps foot on the turf then we might aswel ring shannon doc before kick-off.:)

brutus
30/05/2007, 4:44 PM
group 1. group 2.
a.dhl a. avocent
b.twoway b.thermo king
c.schenker c. hamilton sunstrand
d.air atalanta d. skycourt

mon 11th june
a v b 7.00pm a v b 8.15pm

wed 13 june
c v d 7.00pm c v d 8.15pm

thur 14 june
a v d 7.00pm a v d 8.15pm

fri 15 june
b v c 7.00pm b v c 8.15pm

mon 18 june
b v d 7.00pm b v d 8.15pm

wed 20 june
a v c 7.00pm a v c 8.15pm

SEMI-FINALS
thursday
winner 1 v runners up in 2 (7.00pm)
winner 2 v runner up in 1 (8.00pm

Final
sat 24th june
kick off 6.30pm

Lev Yashin
12/06/2007, 1:19 PM
any results from last nite..and who's playing 2nite

well i know avocent beat thermo king 6-2. dont know the final score of the other match but from what i heard D.H.L. hammered whoever they were playing.....

First
12/06/2007, 1:21 PM
Hacker
Look at post # 39 for a clue to the fixtures:eek:

CousinSylDolan
12/06/2007, 1:23 PM
any results from last nite..and who's playing 2nite

DHL beat Twoway 9-1 in group 1.
Avocent beat Thermoking 6-2 in group 2.

No games tonight as far as I can see from the fixtures...

brutus
12/06/2007, 1:28 PM
Twoway beat DHL 9-1 in group 1.
Avocent beat Thermoking 7-2 in group 2.

No games tonight as far as I can see from the fixtures...

Ya no games tonight, tommorrow schenker are playing marty doyles team and hamilton are playing skycourt,
avocent looked very good lastnight with glynno,jimmy houlihan and mike o malley they will be the team to beat imo

old git
12/06/2007, 2:27 PM
Ya no games tonight, tommorrow schenker are playing marty doyles team and hamilton are playing skycourt,
avocent looked very good lastnight with glynno,jimmy houlihan and mike o malley they will be the team to beat imo
is jimmy houlihan not technically illegal if banned from soccer for 8 months by clare league ... would not be suprised to see clare league trying to interfere here if aware of jimmy playing in tournament :ball:

smellyfeet
12/06/2007, 2:59 PM
is jimmy houlihan not technically illegal if banned from soccer for 8 months by clare league ... would not be suprised to see clare league trying to interfere here if aware of jimmy playing in tournament :ball:

Well you haven't done him or Avocent any favours by posting the above

First
12/06/2007, 3:08 PM

I stand to be corrected here but as far as I know this tournament is not sanctioned by any association , and if memory serves me right the Clare League would not allow any of their referees to officiate because of this.

So as this tournament doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the Clare League any ban that Jimmy is serving , given to him by the Clare league does not stand.

Also this tournament is a 9 a side tournament not palyed on an official soccer field then it can't possibly be seen as an official tournament.

smellyfeet
12/06/2007, 3:25 PM
I stand to be corrected here but as far as I know this tournament is not sanctioned by any association , and if memory serves me right the Clare League would not allow any of their referees to officiate because of this.

So as this tournament doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the Clare League any ban that Jimmy is serving , given to him by the Clare league does not stand.

Also this tournament is a 9 a side tournament not palyed on an official soccer field then it can't possibly be seen as an official tournament.

Hopefully Above is correct. Anyway Clare League have nothing to do with it so they can stay away. Just hope this is the last on the subject.

papa-j
12/06/2007, 3:31 PM

I'd say you are spot on there First. CL have no jurisdiction but by christ you are making your case for the defense in advance:p
Free Guiseppe Houlihan, he's an innocent man:D

First
12/06/2007, 3:36 PM
[QUOTE=papa-j;702312]I'd say you are spot on there First. CL have no jurisdiction but by christ you are making your case for the defense in advanceFree Guiseppe Houlihan, he's an innocent man:

Strange as it seems he is innocent on this occasion and we are willing to tie this up in court for years if anyone sees it differently. We have taken legal advise. You have been warned.:p;):D

brutus
12/06/2007, 4:02 PM
This tournament is 8 companys getting together to play a competition for tucker prendergast,it has nothing to do with club football,bringing up jimmys ban into this thread is just dumb,

Lev Yashin
13/06/2007, 6:40 AM

Thanks for that old git!!
but i think the lads are right im sure the tournament isn't offical and that no ban would apply! lets hope not!!

old git
13/06/2007, 9:00 AM
This tournament is 8 companys getting together to play a competition for tucker prendergast,it has nothing to do with club football,bringing up jimmys ban into this thread is just dumb,

if you see earlier posts .. under clare league i totally disagreed with this crazy ban ,,, this is not having a go at jimmy or tournament
but as tournament is being played in shannon co clare .. i was just trying to get point across even though clare league have nothing to do with tournament i would not be suprised to see them trying to poke their noses in :ball: p.s it has plenty to do with club football as most of players involved play club football in clare or limerick