PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Affairs 1

geysir
21/05/2007, 11:30 AM
Anybody watch it on Sunday night Film 4?
I saw it some time ago and thought it was superb then I went to see The Departed not knowing it was a replicate of Infernal Affairs. I suppose Scorcese paid tribute to the original by even including some of the jokes. It's hard to be totally objective about comparisons because you know how the film ends but I'm glad I saw IA first. IMO, IA is a superior film in most aspects.

There follows two more, IA 2 on tonight and IA 3 tomorrow night.

anto1208
21/05/2007, 12:40 PM
It was a remake for the american market rather than just paying tribute . Good trilogy

geysir
21/05/2007, 12:44 PM
It was a remake for the US which paid high tribute to the original.
Unusual, if not unprecedented for a US remake.

pete
21/05/2007, 1:05 PM
I have not bother to watch the Departed.

Internal Affairs is top class movie (not just foreign) & holds up very well against any Hollywood thriller. Great story & tension done very well. One of my favourite movies.

Not seen parts II & III yet.

shakermaker1982
21/05/2007, 1:11 PM
I haven't seen IA2 so thanks for the heads up. Will try and record this tonight.

I have to admit I enjoyed the Departed. Best film of last year (from stuff I saw at cinema).

RogerMilla
21/05/2007, 2:36 PM
lads i love scorcese's work , love those kind of movies but i thought the departed was muck , no sympathy with any of the characters , i think he needed to get rid of sheen and wahlberg , mould the two characters into one , played by de niro , then you'd be talking !!

also de caprio , didnt enjoy him in it at all , just cannot sell himself as some kind of hard man.

anto1208
21/05/2007, 3:22 PM
I thought the departed was very good I have liked a few of dicaprio's films lately this , Blood diamond i thought he was good in the Island ( is that what its called about the island ) and one of my all time favorite movies Basketball Diaries long time ago before he was big

Neish
21/05/2007, 6:21 PM
Infernal Affairs-Good
The Departed-Bad

SligoBrewer
21/05/2007, 7:49 PM
infernal affairs is a an absolute genius film.. one of the best films i have ever seen.