PDA

View Full Version : Development of youths

SSS
18/02/2003, 8:03 PM
According to the Echo, quoting Liam, Dennis Behan, Jamie Nolan and Kevin Murray will be promoted to the senior squad for the new season.

Murray will be challenging Dan, Naps, Gaz, Benno, Andrews (and Daly?) for a centre back role...

Jamie and Dennis will have a job replacing Flynn or Colin P but it's good to have some competition for places.

Looks like the squad will be fairly intact, and with Naps back it's like having a new player.

It will be very interesting to see how the manager rates the current squad in terms of first 11...
Will Billy keep his place
Will Warren get a start
Will George play and if he does, where..
Who'll be at the back....
What position will Greg fill..

Verdi
18/02/2003, 8:10 PM
Woods needs to be sorted out alright. He started well last season but for most of it he didn't break into a sweat. Davie Warren should be first choice left-winger now (even though he's more a right sided player).

Daly can't be considered surely. I'd like to see Napier and dan Murray first choice with Gaz and Andrews pushing them.
bennett has to be used in midfield with Rennie gone.

A face
18/02/2003, 11:22 PM
It is funny to think that we would put Gaz in second place, last time he was at City it started without fail. I'd like to see him get another crack at the whip.

pete
19/02/2003, 9:40 AM
I think only a matter of time before the new "Technical Director" steps on the toes of the new first team manager.

I don't think its a good idea to have last years manager involved in the affairs of any new managers first team squad.

Wouldn't any new manager decide the make up of his squad?

:confused:

joe
19/02/2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTY II
Murray, Behan and Nolan were on the **** on Saturday night, kitted out in suits, they looked as happy as larry and were fairly worse to wear so I suppose thats when they found out!

the under21s had their end of season/celebratory night out on saturday - meal in town and a few pints after.