PDA

View Full Version : Dolans first signings

pete
18/02/2003, 3:52 PM
Assuming he becomes team manager & that almost all managers bring in a few players they previously worked with who do ye think Dolan will get to sign for city first?

dalo
18/02/2003, 3:54 PM
osam maybe, pat scully, charles livinstone, trevor croly.
the list could be endless.

it is important though we don't lose that cork element of the squad either

Pablo
18/02/2003, 3:56 PM
Pat Scully

Mbazi Livingstone

Paul Osam

that would strengten us up

2 may only be short term, but hey one season is all it takes for silverware

Pablo
18/02/2003, 3:57 PM
snap Dalo :)

Dodge
18/02/2003, 4:08 PM
Osam rumopured to be offered place on our coaching staff, he defo wouldn't move with Dolna either way

Charlie has 4 years left on his contract so he'd definitely cost you a fair bit

Croly is available though, and you're welcome to him

Danny
18/02/2003, 4:08 PM
Yis can fcuk right off if yis think yis will get Babaz & Oso.
Oso will be part of the coaching staff next season with Russell and Babaz is gonna regain his 1st season form.

We will however give you Crolly & Robbie Griffin at no extra charge.....

As for scully i dont think any club in the eL should waste their money on him

Pablo
18/02/2003, 4:11 PM
Yis can fcuk right off if yis think yis will get Babaz & Oso.

if the money is right........... and i'd say we'd have a fair bit more than you by the sounds of it

ian
18/02/2003, 4:13 PM
Lads i think that we are geting a bit happy with this has the club come out with the new manager yet.Dolan would be a good thing do.

Dodge
18/02/2003, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
if the money is right........... and i'd say we'd have a fair bit more than you by the sounds of it
ye might do, but you oay a record irish fee for a player who's had one good season followed by one injury prone season...providing we sell. Now if you wanna talk silly money...

Danny
18/02/2003, 4:24 PM
____
----------------

Dont think so lads.
Lately dolan and oso could barely talk to each other and have had a few public arguments so cant see him going and as Dodge said Babaz has 4 years of a contract left so yis would have to pay that off....

pete
18/02/2003, 5:17 PM
We a bit thin at centre back so maybe Foley (suppose hes looked ok from what i've noticed) as we got plenty of fullbacks.

Either way Pats will probably be in a transistion season & might be tempted to cash in (if overdraft rumours to be belived) on some Dolan favourites.

Dodge
18/02/2003, 5:20 PM
Don't think your listening lads players don't like him so are unlikely to move down to cork for him

Overdraft sorted - still losing money though, same as every other club

Foley going nowhere

patsh
18/02/2003, 9:54 PM
I think Gunther should be the man to decide on any new signings for the start of the season. He did very well last July, and with the under-21s who are coming up and anyone new he has in mind, its enough to be going on with.

dalo
19/02/2003, 7:46 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I think Gunther should be the man to decide on any new signings for the start of the season. He did very well last July, and with the under-21s who are coming up and anyone new he has in mind, its enough to be going on with.

interesting thought and a good idea but could you u see murphy and dolan ever actually getting on.

a EL version of celebrity deathmatch anyone:D