PDA

View Full Version : Top Scorer First Division

new blue
19/05/2007, 12:44 AM
Who do you think will be top scorer in the first division at end of season.
My guess is that it will be a surprise - not someone in the top ten at the moment.

KevB76
19/05/2007, 7:04 AM
Robbie Kelliher, after he sins for Limerick 37 in June and takes us to the premier :D

Raheny Red
19/05/2007, 10:05 AM
Anyone know what the table is like now, anywhere on the net:confused:

If Leech starts doing the work in the box he could easily win it!

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2007, 10:07 AM
Anyone know what the table is like now, anywhere on the net:confused:
Here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/statistics/first_scorers.asp). I'd say one of the Dundalk lads will win it.

Sam_Heggy
19/05/2007, 10:27 AM
if conor Gethins can find some form and Higsy plays him up front he could win it. One of the best finishers in the league.
Otherwise Paul McTiernan will be there or there about.

eamoss
19/05/2007, 7:13 PM
Our right back John Flanagan :D :D

BobtheDrog
19/05/2007, 8:53 PM
If Leech starts doing the work in the box he could easily win it!

Thats why Leech isn`t still at Drogheda, good finisher but his workrate is pathetic

BohsFans
19/05/2007, 9:02 PM
Thats why Leech isn`t still at Drogheda, good finisher but his workrate is pathetic

Rubbish finisher!:mad:

superfrank
19/05/2007, 9:20 PM
How's Philly Hughes getting on?

Is he still doing the job or was it a once off?

Raheny Red
19/05/2007, 9:39 PM

Well he is doing the exact opposite now with us IMO.

Louth4sam
19/05/2007, 10:07 PM

Not playing great, seems to have hit a dip in form but having said that he is still the 2nd top scorer in the division.

The Lilywhites
19/05/2007, 10:37 PM
Philly should only have 3 on that scorers list, because officially he wasn't given the goal against Wexford. All the press seemed to credit him with the goal though, so he has 4 on all the scoring lists I've seen.

sligoman
19/05/2007, 11:28 PM
Is McTiernan playing for Athlone much? Thought he was on the bench a lot?:confused:

Battery Rover
20/05/2007, 8:22 PM
Is McTiernan playing for Athlone much? Thought he was on the bench a lot?:confused:

Just back from injury. Had started in all previous matches before that.

Lim till i die
21/05/2007, 12:33 AM
Who do you think will be top scorer in the first division at end of season.
My guess is that it will be a surprise - not someone in the top ten at the moment.

Only one man you could be hinting at there

Step forward Mr. Kelleher

Having said that Philly Hughes will waltz it :ball:

monutdfc
21/05/2007, 8:36 AM

a once off?!
Philly Hughes has been doing it for years.

monutdfc
21/05/2007, 8:37 AM
On that scorers list - I presume that the terms of Shaun Williams loan mean that Drogheda can't recall him or they would have done given their current injury list. Anyone know?

superfrank
21/05/2007, 8:47 AM
a once off?!
Philly Hughes has been doing it for years.
I didn't know that but it was only last year that I heard of him being such a good player.

Dave77
21/05/2007, 9:02 AM
Philly Hughes looks strong as ever but hopefully Leech will do it

Philly
21/05/2007, 3:29 PM
Amond. He's injured at the mo, when he gets back he'll most likely be banging them in.

BobtheDrog
21/05/2007, 8:27 PM
not sure there`s a lot of point in recalling williams the midfield isn`t in that bad shape its the defence that have had injury problems.

new blue
23/05/2007, 10:48 PM
My gut feeling is that a player from Wexford Youths will be top scorer.
Don't say I didn't warn you! We are a match for any team so far except perhaps Dundalk and we are learning all the time. Fri night wil be a new beginning.

SligoBrewer
23/05/2007, 11:45 PM
is there any odds on this..

paul mctiernan is miles ahead off any other striker in the graveyard

gael353
24/05/2007, 9:21 AM
Don't say I didn't warn you! We are a match for any team so far except perhaps Dundalk and we are learning all the time. Fri night wil be a new beginning.

You are joking right? or are you sick? ye play a 5 4 1 formation often going 6 4 0. Now ill leave ur post pass knowing that your not around for very long and maybe dont have the backround knowledge of LOI football to back up what you say but mate you will finish in the bottom 3.you are poor

passinginterest
24/05/2007, 12:00 PM
You are joking right? or are you sick? ye play a 5 4 1 formation often going 6 4 0. Now ill leave ur post pass knowing that your not around for very long and maybe dont have the backround knowledge of LOI football to back up what you say but mate you will finish in the bottom 3.you are poor

This is what I believe. I think anywhere above bottom is a massive achievement. I'd be delighted to finish above Killkenny and Monaghan.

But this is what I dream :)

Lim till i die
24/05/2007, 4:06 PM
paul mctiernan is miles ahead off any other striker in the graveyard

As he has shown on countless occassions this season.....

Sniffer
24/05/2007, 4:11 PM
Philly should only have 3 on that scorers list, because officially he wasn't given the goal against Wexford. All the press seemed to credit him with the goal though, so he has 4 on all the scoring lists I've seen.

I've checked out the offiical list from the FAI, and they are crediting him with 4.

holidaysong
24/05/2007, 9:51 PM
I've checked out the offiical list from the FAI, and they are crediting him with 4.

It's 5 now! He scored a cracker tonight! :)

The Lilywhites
25/05/2007, 12:05 AM

Well Derek Tomney, who was the ref that night against Wexford, gave the goal to Keith Dunne.

Absolute cracker from Philly tonight!

oriel
25/05/2007, 8:06 AM
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfBzOWMUGo&mode=user&search=>

philly hughes goal is the 3rd and best from above link, if tv3 show it on mon night it will be a contender for may goal of the mth

Raheny Red
25/05/2007, 1:43 PM
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfBzOWMUGo&mode=user&search=>

philly hughes goal is the 3rd and best from above link, if tv3 show it on mon night it will be a contender for may goal of the mth

IMO the 2nd is much better.

bellavistaman
26/05/2007, 12:39 AM
well lads our Graham cummins is going very strong recently, although he isnt the type of player to bag a hat trick here and there he is definitly capable of gettin a scrappy goal a game and could quitely move up the charts!!

new blue
26/05/2007, 5:26 AM

I know we're terrible. You're aound since 1937 and have a city as your base
while we have played 12 matches with mostly novices at this level and yet we drew with you last time. You mate haven't even got your own pitch but I'll let that pass as you may not have developed the background knowledge yet but keep in touch. We're not here to make up the numbers and will not be patronised by perennial losers.

sligoman
26/05/2007, 11:38 AM
McT got another one last night!

Lim till i die
27/05/2007, 3:13 PM
We're not here to make up the numbers and will not be patronised by perennial losers.

:D

Then you wont mind me saying that your club will never, ever, ever, ever amount to anything other than a First Division number maker upper

mickdlk
28/05/2007, 10:40 PM
Philly scored again:ball::cool: