PDA

View Full Version : Friendly

jay_grfc
17/05/2007, 3:22 PM
hey , james here shamrock roverds fan :)
we have set up a supporters football team this year and were just wondering would you be interested in playing a friendly against us on sat the 28th july the day shamrock rovers play sligo rovers as our team is travelling to see the game ,
thanks

keep on hooping

Only1Rovers
17/05/2007, 3:23 PM
great idea

sligoman
17/05/2007, 3:39 PM
I'm sure we could string a team together. How many a side?

Red&White Rover
17/05/2007, 3:56 PM
Id be up for it!

SligoBrewer
17/05/2007, 5:50 PM
me 2... im sure everyone has rovers shirts :)

Da Real Rover
17/05/2007, 6:28 PM
Ooh sounds like fun.

Midgit
17/05/2007, 8:59 PM
me 2... im sure everyone has rovers shirts :)

Oh **** no! wer cert to lose if Brewer plays! I'm not messing at all! He is rubbish!:D :D

SligoBrewer
17/05/2007, 9:22 PM
hey my goalscoring record for summerhill speaks for itself. 1 app. 1 goal :D

Paraic
18/05/2007, 8:54 AM
Lads if this goes ahead you should suss out using the all weather at the showgrounds if the game goes ahead early enough in the day.

086 3637000

cheap advertising I know :)

Red&White Rover
18/05/2007, 2:32 PM
Right Wing or in the middle for me...:cool:

jay_grfc
18/05/2007, 2:40 PM
would be a 11 aside , grass would prefarable , would yous be able get a pitch and nets together, was talkin to our lads and there deffo up for it ,

gustavo
18/05/2007, 2:47 PM
I'd be up for it , think Keith Foy without the passing or tackling ability.

Red&White Rover
18/05/2007, 3:19 PM
I'd be up for it , think Keith Foy without the passing or tackling ability.

ROSSY!

Fivesilver
18/05/2007, 3:55 PM
grass would prefarable

Wouldn't worry about that. The all-weather surface in the Showgrounds is excellent - plays just like really good grass. It's not Astroturf.

Da Real Rover
19/05/2007, 11:47 AM
Get Donal up front, hopefully his similarities to judge dont just end in the looks department.

sligoman
29/06/2007, 5:18 PM
Bump, need to start getting numbers for this if it's going to happen.

Red&White Rover
29/06/2007, 5:46 PM
Definites i suppose is needed...i'm one anyway...

sligored
29/06/2007, 11:46 PM
count me in.

Rory H
01/07/2007, 2:54 PM
Bump, need to start getting numbers for this if it's going to happen.

i think theres been contact been the shams fans and the trust and its going ahead.

sligobhoy67
01/07/2007, 8:41 PM
mixing with Shams fans!!! have ye no respect fer yerselves!?

sligoman
01/07/2007, 8:51 PM
i think theres been contact been the shams fans and the trust and its going ahead.Can you find out for definite if possible? I might make the meeting Tuesday even. Should be arranging the Galway one first anyway as that's closer.

feo123
17/07/2007, 10:54 PM
Is this going ahead on the 29th?

sligoman
17/07/2007, 10:58 PM
29th is Sunday. I heard(from MC member) the Shams game could be moved to Friday night(27th) for television coverage. Don't know how true that is though.

feo123
17/07/2007, 11:03 PM
29th is Sunday. I heard(from MC member) the Shams game could be moved to Friday night(27th) for television coverage. Don't know how true that is though.

whatever day we're playing them, is it still on? hope so

Red4Eva
17/07/2007, 11:54 PM
ya it's still on. just tryin to get a pitch for it

feo123
18/07/2007, 2:52 PM
are we still trying to get a grass pitch or what for it?

akearins
18/07/2007, 3:18 PM
Trust is organising this as we speak, just looking for a grass pitcha and showers... be in touch

feo123
18/07/2007, 3:27 PM
even if a grass pitch is unavaialable, the showgrounds or the complex should suffice

Red&White Rover
18/07/2007, 4:22 PM
Who will be playing?

feo123
18/07/2007, 11:36 PM
same again?

celticV3
19/07/2007, 6:52 PM
i can play and lets face it,its the news everyone wanted to hear

feo123
19/07/2007, 10:28 PM
wonder will there be as many away fans now that the games on the friday!?

sligoman
20/07/2007, 12:10 AM
I heard(from MC member) the Shams game could be moved to Friday night(27th) for television coverage. Don't know how true that is though.
Jeez you would think the decision would have been made by now.Obviously not:p

akearins
20/07/2007, 8:46 AM
With game switched to Friday I have mailed the shams lads and waiting on a reply to see if they are travelling Friday and staying weekend so might still play friendly Saturday.let ye knopw when I hear back from them

avvenalaf
20/07/2007, 1:16 PM
Very concerned about the suggestion of a 'friendly' with Shamrock Rovers. Am wondering what kind of supporter we are breeding now. Next thing, you'll be talking to them. Then, someone will post that they are nice when you get to know them. In war terms, for it is war about which we speak, this is a policy of peaceful infiltration by the enemy. Remember Carpenter, I say. remember Treacy, remember Dunphy, remember Mick Burke ( he hit Johnny Armstrong).
Enough of this 'friendly' stuff. Tell them you have got a ground in Enniscrone for the match and then, don't turn up. These are people who call themselves Rovers as if there could be two.
Shamrock Rovers RIP - buried in the Republican plot in Milltown.

red bellied
20/07/2007, 1:45 PM
Very concerned about the suggestion of a 'friendly' with Shamrock Rovers. Am wondering what kind of supporter we are breeding now. Next thing, you'll be talking to them. Then, someone will post that they are nice when you get to know them. In war terms, for it is war about which we speak, this is a policy of peaceful infiltration by the enemy. Remember Carpenter, I say. remember Treacy, remember Dunphy, remember Mick Burke ( he hit Johnny Armstrong).
Enough of this 'friendly' stuff. Tell them you have got a ground in Enniscrone for the match and then, don't turn up. These are people who call themselves Rovers as if there could be two.

Ha ha :D:D

Fcuk me there will be finger food in Mooneys next!

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 1:48 PM

We are Rovers and you're welcome for the name by the way!

Where's the finger food on?! Harloe's?!

KOH

red bellied
20/07/2007, 2:09 PM
We are Rovers and you're welcome for the name by the way!

Where's the finger food on?! Harloe's?!

KOH

Ye will get the fingers alright! Dont know about the food :D:D

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 2:16 PM
Let NY think this lads, it the same kind of claim that you would hear Notts County fans on about( Except their's seem to have actual substance).

Next thing you will know is that he is claiming there was a three leaf clover named after them !;)

Check your history and then check ours. Again you're more than welcome for the name!

KOH

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 2:31 PM
Would be surprised if you could think and breathe at the same time judging by your posts.

Psychiatric actually. As opposed to the psychiatric institution that is sligo? Let go of your obsession with us. You'll feel better.

KOH

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 2:43 PM
Your the one on our forum, you know in your heart of hearts who is the top Rovers it used to be you now it's not, get over it Natural Yokel :D

we showed that by easily knocking you out of the cup. ;)

Only here to correct the mistakes you make roger. There is no top Rovers. It's just us. BTW you're from the country so the yokel bit is apt for you lot.

KOH

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 2:56 PM
It also stands for people who would be unsohisticated, which is where you come in Natural Yokel. You are are so bitter since the real Rovers showed up on your turf and showed who was boss in the cup.

I think we outnumbered you in the stands as well 3:2. ;)

Is unsohisticated a new turf? Rovers fans dont do bitter that's for opposition minnows like you.

Maths is clearly not a strong point in sligo. Where were those fans for the league game?

KOH

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 3:09 PM
Pity Shams fan can only show up for some games and not all of them.:o You're supporters of your team not ours.;):D

Unlike you part timers we have always and will always show up for our team. But hey thanks for ignoring my question which validates my point.

KOH

NY Hoop
20/07/2007, 4:32 PM
You only get a decent crowd when Bohs show up ! Part timers. That reminds me obsessed(Natural Yokel) One Rovers is full time the other is part timers i think it showed in the cup match when you ran out of steem :D

And you lot just turn up when we're in town.

Is steem what your teacher calls you roger?

KOH