PDA

View Full Version : Ricos come and get me plea

Colm
14/02/2003, 6:50 PM
Just a few interesting quotes from Rico in tonights Echo...

I am the right man for the job. I understand it is a full time post and, yes, I am interested.

The Cork City job is one of the biggest in the country and I have always been of that opinion and there is enormous potential there

I have never applied for a job before and I will not be applying for this one but the people at Cork know what I will bring to the job.

And the most important one imo...

I have never been happy with the formality of an interview and I prefer the personal touch and that's why I hope to hear from the chairman Brian Lennox.

Neil
14/02/2003, 6:53 PM
Give him a shout Brian, willa biy!

RICO FOR CITY!

Colm
14/02/2003, 6:54 PM
He says he hopes to hear from the chairman Brian Lennox so why wont Lennox just pick up the phone and give him the job.

The best man for the job wants it and would be disgraceful on the part of CCFC to not give him the job.

patsh
14/02/2003, 11:06 PM
Well guys, the thing is, despite yet another Spillage exclusive :rolleyes:,
EVERYTHING in the Echo tonight was said in the exact same way by Rico on Trevors BRB 2 weeks ago.
Surely BL knew all this well before the Echo Hockey correspondent let the rest of the world in on the secret!

Casegrande
15/02/2003, 10:22 AM
If anyone's in Lennox's over the weekend... And if Brian asks ya do ya want salt and vinegar... stall a sec and reply No Thanks, just Damian Richardson.

joe
15/02/2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Well guys, the thing is, despite yet another Spillage exclusive :rolleyes:,
EVERYTHING in the Echo tonight was said in the exact same way by Rico on Trevors BRB 2 weeks ago.
Surely BL knew all this well before the Echo Hockey correspondent let the rest of the world in on the secret!

was thinking the same myself. the article was just a rehash of what we know already.

Casegrande
15/02/2003, 4:10 PM
Duo not in the race

Don O’Riordan and Damien Richardson are no longer in contention for the vacant manager’s job at Cork City, according to chairman Brian Lennox.

The two high profile men were believed to be in line for the post at Turner’s Cross but Richardson has not applied while O’Riordan is under contract with Sligo Rovers. “If you don’t apply then you don’t get a job as far as I’m concerned,” mused Lennox.

However he admitted that he had O’Riordan in mind. “I was toying with the idea of requesting permission to talk to him but I won’t be doing that now because he is under contract with Sligo and I don’t want to poach another club’s manager.”

A number of other names have been thrown into the ring, including Cobh boss Dave Hill, ex-Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch, Jan Molby and current Cork City Under-21 boss Stuart Ashton.

Meanwhile Dan Murray has signed a two-year deal with the club

here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=4026)

Casegrande
15/02/2003, 4:13 PM
If you don’t apply then you don’t get a job as far as I’m concerned,” mused Lennox.

BULLSH!T. If you want someone bad enough you don't let personal pride get in the way.

This could be the beginning of the end for you Brian.......

James
15/02/2003, 4:16 PM
whats with all the funny symbols Cas?

brian pick up the phone and ring RICO
do it for the club

oh and *please god not hilly*

Colm
15/02/2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande
If you dont apply then you dont get a job as far as I'm concerned
Thats complete and utter rubbish! You're not looking for staff for the chipper now Brian.
Please pick up the phone and give Rico the job.

I have a terrible feeling that we are going to let the best man for the job slip from our grasp and that we'll end up with the nightmare combination of Hill and Kabia.:mad: :( :mad:

James
15/02/2003, 6:54 PM
saw jacinth in town today
he looked very happy with himself

does that mean something i wonder :D :P

joe
16/02/2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Colm

I have a terrible feeling that we are going to let the best man for the job slip from our grasp and that we'll end up with the nightmare combination of Hill and Kabia.:mad: :( :mad:

presumably they're both under contract so we won't be 'poaching' them either

Doutchaboy
17/02/2003, 8:53 AM
Damien Richardson was in Rochestown Park Hotel yesterday. Don't know if thats significant but I suspect it might be.

patsh
17/02/2003, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by Doutchaboy
Damien Richardson was in Rochestown Park Hotel yesterday. Don't know if thats significant but I suspect it might be.
Maybe he was just getting a bit of Thalasso Therapy ??:D :D