PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 3 players so far?

Pages : [1] 2

eirebhoy
15/05/2007, 8:15 PM
With 10 league games gone who has been the top 3 players at your club so far this season?

DmanDmythDledge
15/05/2007, 8:16 PM
UCD: Conor Kenna, Conan Byrne, Paul Byrne.

adamcarr
15/05/2007, 8:29 PM
Cork City: Joe Gamble, Roy O'Donovan, Darragh Ryan.

SligoBrewer
15/05/2007, 8:32 PM
sligo rovers:chris turner, seamus coleman, matt judge/or\fahudrin kudozovic

Philly
15/05/2007, 8:32 PM
KCFC: Stapleton - came from Reading and has been class.
Amond - on loan from Rovers and I'd say they can't wait to get him back.
Philly Byrne -Excellent defender. Excellent captain.

Aaron
15/05/2007, 8:33 PM
Derry City: Paddy McCourt
Ken Oman
Peter Hutton

CharlesThompson
15/05/2007, 8:37 PM
At Bohs you'd expect us to go with the line that none of those overpaid w@nkers deserve a "player of the first ten games" accolade but I'd have to say that for me the following three have been the most impressive:
Brian Murphy (GK)
Stephen Rice (nobody knew he could play football before)
Glen Crowe (really only based on the last two games in relation to scoring, however his overall game is better than I remember when he was with us in his first spell at the club)

Kevin Hunt looks like he's getting back to the form of a few years ago which is a good sign for us, but the above three have been the most outstanding under the circumstances.

Dyl10
15/05/2007, 8:48 PM
been the most impressive:
Brian Murphy (GK)

Anytime I've seen him I really haven't been impressed. Would Joxer or Heary get a look in, in your top 3?

bellavistaman
15/05/2007, 8:53 PM
The Rams
Kevin Murray
John Meade/Alan Carey (cant decide)
Graham Cummins

jebus
15/05/2007, 8:58 PM
My Limerick 37 picks

Joey Malone
Paddy Purcell
Paul Finnucane

BohsPartisan
15/05/2007, 9:00 PM
Anytime I've seen him I really haven't been impressed.
:eek:

Best command of his area I've seen of any keeper in this league. Has only conceded 3 goals to date. Brilliant shot stopper, great on crosses. His kicking was a concern at the beginning but he's obvioulsy been working on that as its improved.

Joxer hasn't been living up to his hype, though he was great on Friday. O Heary has been doing well.

Da Real Rover
15/05/2007, 9:02 PM
Chris Turner
Shamey Coleman
Matt Judge

Dodge
15/05/2007, 9:03 PM
Pats - Keith Fahey, Mark Quigley, Alan Kirby

LukeO
15/05/2007, 9:09 PM
Bohs: Glen Crowe and Brian Murphy are the obvious two.

Several others have improved a hell of a lot i.e. Stephen Rice, Jason McGuinness and Dessie Byrne. Owen Heary has been a great addition also.

Neal Fenn has been a major disapointment and how Chris Kingsberry gets a game over Fergal Harkin I'll never know!

Kildare Lad
15/05/2007, 9:17 PM
Kildare County - Philly Gorman
Pauric Amond
Philly Byrne

CharlesThompson
15/05/2007, 9:19 PM
Anytime I've seen him I really haven't been impressed. Would Joxer or Heary get a look in, in your top 3?

I've seen him in all bar two games this season and he looks top notch. Joxer?.. not a chance so far this year. He had a decent game against Longford last Friday and did well when he came on against Shels earlier that week but aside from that he's been cack by his own standards.

Heary has been pretty solid since he's come and I wouldn't have any complaints, but some players have still come on in leaps and bounds this season. Top of that list is Stephen Rice for me. A lad who has been vilified from some quarters when he played at full back for us, but since Connor has moved him into his preferred position in the centre of midfield I've been really impressed, so under the circumstance he deserves to be in my top three. Other notable improvers have been Dessie Byrne although I'd be more cool on McGuinness. He definately deserves credit as he's played in most of our matches and we've only conceded three goals but he's still inclined to give me the heebie jeebies when the ball arrives at his feet.

sligoman
15/05/2007, 9:19 PM
Seamus Coleman, Chris Turner, Gavin Peers(Just ahead of McKenzie). To the Rovers fans who said Judge, eh wtf? He scored two good goals, can't be judged(excuse the pun) just yet! He's only played like 3 games so far.

Gaillimh Al
15/05/2007, 9:20 PM
Galway : Reggie Noitmeer(by a distance), Alan Murphy, Ciaran Foley

Reggie is the best signing we've made in a decade or so. How long we can hold onto him is another problem as he is ambitious but he seems to enjoy living here. Murphy is coming back to form after a dodgy last season and Foley has stepped up his game since going full-time.

John83
15/05/2007, 9:28 PM
UCD: Conor Kenna, Conan Byrne, Paul Byrne.
I'd go with Alan McNally in place of Byrne, but not a bad choice.

Cork City: Joe Gamble, Roy O'Donovan, Darragh Ryan.
:eek: Bloody hell.

DmanDmythDledge
15/05/2007, 9:32 PM
I'd go with Alan McNally in place of Byrne, but not a bad choice.
Which one?;)

John83
15/05/2007, 9:34 PM
Which one?;)
Forgot that Conan spells his with a y too. I'd have McNally in place of Paul Byrne.

Sam_Heggy
15/05/2007, 9:36 PM
Harps best 3 imo:

James Gallagher (gk) not great at the start but quality lately.
John O'Loughlin (cm)
Shaun Holmes (lb - lm - cm)

SligoBrewer
15/05/2007, 9:39 PM
Seamus Coleman, Chris Turner, Gavin Peers(Just ahead of McKenzie). To the Rovers fans who said Judge, eh wtf? He scored two good goals, can't be judged(excuse the pun) just yet! He's only played like 3 games so far.

hZXbTcKFyrg

watch it again.. 3 goals in 3 games.. as good a strikerate as any other striker in the el bar o'donovan

Paddyfield
15/05/2007, 9:51 PM
GUFC:

Reggie Noitmeer : Dutch defender who is our best player by a country mile.

Ciaran Foley : A leader. I can't believe he's not captain.

Derek O'Brien : Manager has transformed him from an underachiever into a pacy winger who can turn on a, er, Euro

Red&White Rover
15/05/2007, 10:01 PM
Turner, Coleman, Dick Brush (immense improvement)

sligoman
15/05/2007, 10:26 PM
watch it again.. 3 goals in 3 games.. as good a strikerate as any other striker in the el bar o'donovanDon't tell me to watch it again, I've seen it plenty of times!

I'm not criticising him but you cannot say he's been our best top 3 performers all season after him playing in only 3 games. That's just silly in my opinion.

shero
15/05/2007, 10:54 PM
for me its Niall O'reilly (before joxer decided to send him to the hospital)
Mark Leech: Doesnt belong in the first division.
James Chambers: Brilliant and looks like he'll be a great player for years to come.

Risteard
16/05/2007, 1:48 AM
Gamble, Murray, Roy.

BohsFans
16/05/2007, 2:14 AM
Dean Pooley - class defender, ex Millwall.
Brian Murphy - best keeper in the league, expect him to be back cross channel soon.
Owen Heary - solid, dependable + setting up goals now as well!

Sumac
16/05/2007, 8:13 AM
Reggie Noitmeer: Dutch defender who is having a great season (suspended for UCD game on Friday unfortunately)

Ciaran Foley: Didn't think he would be as good in the Premier - Delighted he has proved me wrong.

Alan Murphy: Playing great stuff this year. Not great last year but seems to play better against the stronger teams

superfrank
16/05/2007, 8:17 AM
Bray - Clive Delaney, Alan Cawley, Paul Caffrey

passinginterest
16/05/2007, 8:44 AM
Wexford Youths -
Patsi Malone, Biggest improvement every game, great in the air great workrate
Joey Wadding, Forced way into team, played everywhere great heart and a good shot
Marty Kelly/Conor Sinnott - Both been a bit inconsistent but also both played through injury and can't fault effort.

bigmac
16/05/2007, 8:52 AM
so little to choose from :(

Vinny Sullivan has been the most stand out for me this season. I'd like to thank Cork for giving him a year of full-time training without actually wasting his energy on playing matches :p Seriously though, he looks like he's benefitted a lot from the solid year of football.

I haven't seen enough matches this season to :mad: really pick out 2 others - it's the first season in ages where I've been at more away games than home games!

gustavo
16/05/2007, 8:56 AM
Turner , Coleman , Kudozovic

showgies
16/05/2007, 8:57 AM
Gavin Peers
Chris Turner
Seamus Coleman

The jury is still out on Judge .....

OneRedArmy
16/05/2007, 9:23 AM
McCourt
Oman

Can't honestly say anyone else has strung a few good performances together.

Indicative of our season so far.

GavinZac
16/05/2007, 9:32 AM
gamble, o'donovan and sean kelly. yes, kelly hasn't played in weeks but i'd rather include him than any others involved with saturday's debacle.

Raheny Red
16/05/2007, 10:57 AM
for me its Niall O'reilly (before joxer decided to send him to the hospital)
Mark Leech: Doesnt belong in the first division.
James Chambers: Brilliant and looks like he'll be a great player for years to come.

100% agreed, O'Dowd deserves a mention too - some of the saves he has made have been amazing :cool:

Schumi
16/05/2007, 11:09 AM
Conor Kenna
Matt Gregg
Conan Byrne

Paul Byrne's done well but he's only started 6 games so that's why he's not there.

stann
16/05/2007, 11:31 AM
so little to choose from :(

Vinny Sullivan has been the most stand out for me this season. I'd like to thank Cork for giving him a year of full-time training without actually wasting his energy on playing matches. Seriously though, he looks like he's benefitted a lot from the solid year of football.

Too true. :(

Though I couldn't pick Vinnie meself, for me he just hasn't played remotely like he can do, pretty much for the whole season so far. Even against Galway he was pure cack. Mind you, I'm the opposite to yourself in that that's almost all from home games. :)
Mine, even allowing for most injurious predicaments, would be:

1. Paul Mac - performances ranging from solid to superb all season so far.
2. Kenny Browne - been outstanding since coming back from injury
3. Alan Keely - enough great displays early on to still be in the top 3.

harpstilidie
16/05/2007, 11:44 AM
Finn Harps
1. John O'Loughlin
2. Declan Boyle
3. Chris Breen

dcfcsteve
16/05/2007, 11:47 AM
1. Pat McCourt.
2. Paddy McCourt.
3. Mr P. McCourt Esq.

Mr A
16/05/2007, 11:55 AM
Harps:

John O Loughlin
Chris Breen
Shaun Holmes

Rossi
16/05/2007, 12:28 PM
Drogheda:
Shelly
Zayed
Vilmunen just for his Setanta Cup exploits!(dodgy every other game!)

Up The Town
16/05/2007, 12:29 PM
shaun williams
ben whelehan
aidan lynch

Dr.Nightdub
16/05/2007, 12:37 PM
Keith Fahey, Mark Quigley, Stephen Brennan - I'm putting Brennan in ahead of Kirby just on the basis that Kirby's missed a few games. He doesn't get as much attention as the "flair" players but he's quietly turning into a LoI Cannavaro Lite.

Jaime
16/05/2007, 12:41 PM
Murphy, Heary, and Crowe for Bohs IMO.

Navandrog
16/05/2007, 12:59 PM
Shelly
Byrne
Zayed

Magicme
16/05/2007, 1:26 PM
Monaghan:

Barry Burke