PDA

View Full Version : Bohs' new signings

pineapple stu
14/02/2003, 12:59 PM
The official Bohs website has confirmed Robbie Doyle's move to the Gyppos, but there's no mention of Clive Delaney anywhere.

Yet.

UCD_4_Life
14/02/2003, 5:48 PM
We really need a new striker next season, in fact we already needed one before he left, two wouldn't go a miss either.

Also a shiney new defender when Clive goes.

CollegeTillIDie
15/02/2003, 9:07 PM
Lads

We have needed decent goal scoring strikers since Mick O'Byrne left the club , since Jason Sherlock left the club and since Darren O'Brien retired. Those 3 were the only players in the history of the club capable of getting past the 12 League goals a season mark. Swaninho did not play long enough for us to get past the 12 mark to be fair to him. Unless Alan Gallen has a serious purple patch next year, or Robbie Martin can reproduce his golden year form again and Tony McDonnell buys some new scoring boots, we will be relying yet again on our defence to keep us in the right part of the table . Of course we might unearth one of the Under 21 players and spring him into the firsts and he may have the element of surprise come April time but otherwise don't be expecting too much.

COllegeTill I Die
p.s. There is always the possibility of Sean Finn scoring in more thasn one game next season too.
Pps. The girls are playing in the College League Premier Division decider in Belfield on Wednesday at 2;30 if they beat U.L. they are the champs. I'll be there to cheer them on...anyone else available to support them?

UCD_4_Life
15/02/2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by CollegeTillIDie
Lads

We have needed decent goal scoring strikers since Mick O'Byrne left the club , since Jason Sherlock left the club and since Darren O'Brien retired. Those 3 were the only players in the history of the club capable of getting past the 12 League goals a season mark. Swaninho did not play long enough for us to get past the 12 mark to be fair to him. Unless Alan Gallen has a serious purple patch next year, or Robbie Martin can reproduce his golden year form again and Tony McDonnell buys some new scoring boots, we will be relying yet again on our defence to keep us in the right part of the table . Of course we might unearth one of the Under 21 players and spring him into the firsts and he may have the element of surprise come April time but otherwise don't be expecting too much.

COllegeTill I Die
p.s. There is always the possibility of Sean Finn scoring in more thasn one game next season too.
Pps. The girls are playing in the College League Premier Division decider in Belfield on Wednesday at 2;30 if they beat U.L. they are the champs. I'll be there to cheer them on...anyone else available to support them?

Hopefully Doolo & co. are searching the lower (and maybe higher) divisions in England at the moment. On the shopping list should be a backup GK, another defender seeing as West Ham have offered Delaney a 3 month contract and if that doesn't work out then he'll f£ck off to Bohs and at least two proper strikers in a Doyler type mould, we could use a "fox in the box" type player as well.

A creative midfielder would be nice.

I don't think I could make it on Tuesday. Is the College Premier Division like the eircom Premier with like Bohs ladies and Rovers ladies or is it separate? It's probably seperate with the "College" and all, right?

CollegeTillIDie
16/02/2003, 2:19 PM
What you say about the creative midfielder is right too but we have managed without one for a while. Backup keeper is also a good point. I think we should look at swaps in this post Bosman area and with that in mind I would ask Rovers for Robbie Horgan in "exchange" for Bazza. He is far better than O'Dowd on recent form and he will only have another few of seasons anyway as he is already going to be 35 this year.

One option for a striker is to stick Purdey up front. He played in that position towards the end of his stint at Rovers and grabbed a few goals for them.

P.S. The Colleges League is confined to Colleges, Universities and I.T.'s and that is what they are playing for on WEDNESDAY. The Ladies also field a team in the summer League which is a League of Ireland in all but name Rovers, Dundalk , U.C.D. and a club from Waterford all ply their trade in the premier. Bohs were relegated a few years back and were relegated out of the lower Division last season. Shels and St. Pat's used to have teams and Kildare County's host club Newbridge are also represented in the Premier A Division .