PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lavine

Xlex
19/07/2001, 11:00 AM
Really hope this works out. It seems like a grand risk. He's a striker and I hope he has to season of his life. This signing may really test everyone. From the board to the fans.

Stevo
19/07/2001, 12:18 PM
would like the wish eric all the best with LTFC alright so he might have been our second choice striker after padraig moran but everyone knows we lacked a quality striker last season so lets all get behind eric and "hope" he does the business for us

anyone know if he'll be based in galway or longford ??? or if he is a full-time professional ?? wouldn't it be a great idea if he was based in longford and went around to the primary schools in the county each day coaching them and at the same time promoting LTFC

com'on eric....anyone though of any eric lavine songs yet ???

Macy
19/07/2001, 3:36 PM
anyone know if he'll be based in galway or longford ??? or if he is a full-time professional ?? wouldn't it be a great idea if he was based in longford and went around to the primary schools in the county each day coaching them and at the same time promoting LTFC

He could also be promoting racial harmony, which is sadly lacking in Ireland as I see it. Maybe if the Football In The Community ever gets off the ground here.....

Xlex
19/07/2001, 3:48 PM
anyone know if he'll be based in galway or longford ???

Heard James Reynolds is opening Blazers five nights a week. Speedy process on a host of nightclubs and seedy bars. Out the Drumlish road, I believe.

Turned down a move to Finn Harps cause he heard there really was no "Las vegas in the hills of Donegal"

I wonder where he will be based............................................. ...

EddieL
19/07/2001, 5:22 PM
Whatever about his private life or foibles or whatever,and let's face it it's nobody else's business but his (unless it's criminal!!!!) you've got yourselves a class striker.With the right service,which he lacked at Galway Utd,he can score 15-20 league goals a season.I thought he was coming to Pats at one stage so I'm a lttle disappinted there.Perhaps he did prefer the "bright lights" out west!

Macy
19/07/2001, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by EddieL
Whatever about his private life or foibles or whatever,and let's face it it's nobody else's business but his (unless it's criminal!!!!)

As long as it's not affecting his football, which going out several times a week would. I'm not convinced, but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Xlex
19/07/2001, 5:31 PM
I hope I'm proved wrong in the extreme.

What is so bad about Liam Kelly and Ger McCarthy........ How would you be disappointed when you have many players who work hard to play for St. Pat's and end up having to put up with a potiential socialite........ Longford can take a chance because we are trying to preserve what we maintained last year... Premier division football...... Again I hope I'm proven wrong....

EddieL
19/07/2001, 6:02 PM
....but I reckon we could have had a really potent forward line with Lavine & Kelly up front,and Ger on the flanks with Gavin Doyle.Ger has an awful habit of overrunning the ball and losing it and missed half as much chances as he put away last season,but's that's down to inexperience,I'm sure he'll get it right eventually! However,for sheer speed and perseverence (in the face of sometimes "underhanded" attempts to stop him!) he would be an asset on the flanks.To my mind,he is not really an out and out striker but then again,I don't pick the team! Anway,maybe we've lost out on Lavine but we have another guy here called Michael Holt who I reckon is worth a run. BTW,good luck in the UEFA cup and I hope you can keep the game in Flancare Park.Do IRISH football proud!