PDA

View Full Version : Wexford v Cobh Ramblers

Marco
14/05/2007, 5:48 PM
Just letting you know whats happening for Saturdays game, its just a little something to give a bit of value for money to the supporters. Inside the ground we will have pre match entertainment, inflateable goals for kids and adults to chance their luck, hot food stall cooking grub from South Africa(should be intertesting and good value for money), half time childrens match, pipe band etc. Full bar in club house. Looking forward to seeing you at St.Colemans Park for your clubs first visit.

G-Man
15/05/2007, 10:18 AM
Cheers mate, sounds like a good set up for the day! Fair play!

Predictions on this one lads? Have had a poor run of results for the last couple of games, performances have been ok, a bit up and down really. If we can get the hunger back that we had in the first few games we can spring a result. Again, we are not world beaters and everyone knows this, but we are also capable of playing some nice football when going well. Would be hopeful of getting a draw, but Cobh are an experienced side and they will be seeing this as a 3 point game for them.

Sunny Jim
15/05/2007, 10:56 AM
Not expecting much from this one. Cobh didn't look good at our place, but the weather was atrocious that day and the table doesn't lie. And they owe us one. We could be in for a hammering.

passinginterest
15/05/2007, 11:01 AM
Doubt it'll be anything like a hammering but it would take a fantastic performance to even get a point. I can see it being 2-0 Cobh.

The lads are due another big performance though. I think the win up in Donegal took an awful lot out of them and they've been recovering ever since. This might be the game where it all clicks together again. I hope so anyway. Most optimistic we win by the odd goal 2-1.

Anyone making the trip? Not possible for me anyway. Sounds like a good day out though, fair play to Cobh.

brokenstar
16/05/2007, 4:19 PM
Sounds like a great day ahead alright! Can't make it myself either. Am hoping for a sneaky 1 - 0 win for us in this one. Cobh are on top form though and will be tough opponents again. I hope the lads are up for this one and take the game to Cobh, after all, we've nothing to lose!

new blue
16/05/2007, 11:33 PM
Looking forward to this one.
Apart from Dundalk and Athlone we haven't been badly beaten and this time we can do well again. We can compete at this level and I'm hoping for a win or at least a draw on Sat. Cobh is a lovely place and 3 points would make a good all round package!!

passinginterest
21/05/2007, 4:40 PM
Another narrow defeat and again a poor start and improved second half.
The danger at this stage has to be the lads getting demoralised and really getting stuck in a rut. They could do with a jammy win to get the confidence back up and to get the home crowds back up again.

I think it's testimony to the incredible fitness of the team that they always seem to get stronger as games go on. I guess training for 3hours a night 4 nights a week has to be good for something!

On another note wouldn't it be great to draw one of the top 5 premier division sides at home in the cup?! The place would be packed out and the lads would be totally up for it.