PDA

View Full Version : Bray V Rovers

Only1Rovers
14/05/2007, 10:53 AM
Well folks how are Bray in the build up to this game?

Rovers have a new found confidane after the cork game.

I think it could be our new striker, Mat Marajudgea, he's from Buenos Aires.

Check out EL Weekly tonight for the goal he scored against Cork...

Stevo Da Gull
14/05/2007, 5:34 PM
Honestly I'm not sure what to expect from Bray for this game. I believe that if we play well then we can win but if we're below our best I'd expect Sligo to punish us big time after the result against Cork.
I think that it's important that we go into the game without fear of losing and go for the three points.

What was the story against Cork anyway. I know its not necessarily this straight-forward but were Cork poor or did ye just blow them out of the water? I'm guessing that ye'll be expecting 3 points this weekend?

Only1Rovers
14/05/2007, 7:52 PM
Wasn't at the game Stevo to be honest, I hear conflicting stories on how Cork performed, depending on what side you listen to. Me aul fella was at the game and he calls things as they are. He said Rovers counter-attacked well and caught City on the hop a number of times.

Matty Judge scored a wonder goal, He was released at the end of last season. I only ever seen him play well once last season against Dub City last season. Considering we have no strikers who are worth talking about I'm not complaining if Matty starts to come good.

We do have one of the finest mid-fielders playing in the league in the shape of Chrissy Turner, he put two away on Sat night as well,

But having said all that anything could happen in Bray...

Bray Head
15/05/2007, 9:11 AM
Sligo took their goals well against Cork especially the 4th. They have made a solid start to the season where we have struggled after a good start. We need to get something out of the game as the three teams below us are closing in.

superfrank
15/05/2007, 11:51 AM
Imo, two points from the last 15 against Longford, Galway, Cork, UCD and Rovers isn't what the lads are capable of. Imo 9 would've been a fair target but enough of that.

Seems like every week I say this but the lads have to get their act together and put in a solid performance like we know they can (Bohs? Cork?).

Although I wasn't at Longford I heard the performance was far from what was expected. With all respect to Slgio I think this is a chance for us to get the points.

LIFT THE GREEN ARMY!!!

sligoman
15/05/2007, 11:58 AM
With all respect to Bray, we really should be beating the likes of ye if we're to finish mid-table. If we play like we did against Cork, we'll hammer ye, but that's a very big if:o. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win.

BrayUnknowns
15/05/2007, 3:25 PM
With all respect to Bray, we really should be beating the likes of ye if we're to finish mid-table. If we play like we did against Cork, we'll hammer ye, but that's a very big if:o. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win.

We would say the very same about Sligo though. We should be beating you handy enough. Our problem main problem so far is that we have played very well against the bigger clubs and struggeled against the likes of teams like UCD and Galway (who we would put in the same bracket as Sligo).

If we play like we did against Derry, Bohs or Cork we will hammer you, but in saying that i would be happy with a 1 nil win as well. :D

sligoman
15/05/2007, 3:44 PM
We would say the very same about Sligo though. We should be beating you handy enough.Given recent results against ye I don't see why ye should. Rovers are a mid-table side, Bray are more relegation battlers.

notever
15/05/2007, 4:06 PM
You never know what to expect from Bray but heres hoping that the week off will have done the lads good ahead of this game . We could certaintly do with the three points.We need the faithfull few to really get behind the team from the start.

jonboy
16/05/2007, 9:59 AM
if franco starts we will score, 1-0 to bray

superfrank
19/05/2007, 5:21 PM
Finally a performance that matched their ability but in fairness we were aided by a poor Sligo display.

McCabe was a stand out player last night. Can't wait to see more of him. The old reliables of Cawley and Delaney got the job done and I thought Franco played well despite not looking 100% fit.

Next match at home to UCD, let's see if we can build on this. Well done lads.

Grey Boy
19/05/2007, 5:54 PM
Totally agree Superfrank. Poor game, largely controlled by the elements. Sligo were suprisingly poor considering their performance against Cork. I thought McCabe was great, best game Delaney has had for us, Franco was industrious (must be a certain starter now), Cawley was pretty good apart from a couple of wayward crosses, O' Shea was great(second half). Even Christopher Deans had a good game. But Foxy wasn't the best, Duggan lost the ball far to easily and albeit for a short time Broderick was a bit pointless.

I felt sorry for the Sligo fans who travelled up to watch that. They were very poor. Three of their players were overweight, one ridiculously (no.3). Bit of a throw back to the old days when cigs and beer were the agenda straight after a game. Are Sligo not training full time? If they are something is wrong. Their blonde winger was very tricky though, he'll cause a few teams some problems.

Nice to close that gap abit though, could drag Sligo and U.C.D back into it maybe.

notever
19/05/2007, 5:56 PM
The conditions were difficult but the three points will be gladly accepted even if the game was poor enough.Mc Cabe and O'Shea did well,heres hoping to see more of them.Sligo I'm afraid were poor can't see how they beat Cork 4-1.Roll on U.C.D. Tuesday week.

sligoman
19/05/2007, 11:14 PM
Three of their players were overweight, one ridiculously (no.3)Keith Foy, the no. 3, is the only overweight player who was playing last night. Don't know who else yer talking about.

Seagull
20/05/2007, 7:25 PM
The conditions were difficult but the three points will be gladly accepted even if the game was poor enough.Mc Cabe and O'Shea did well,heres hoping to see more of them.Sligo I'm afraid were poor can't see how they beat Cork 4-1.Roll on U.C.D. Tuesday week.

Sligo started very brightly and it looked like being a tough night early on with Williams making a couple of good stops. However, it all changed after Delaney's goal when Wanderers bossed the game with Rovers looking terrible. A good win, hopefully it can start a bit of a consistent run now.
BTW, what the hell was up with Jack O'Neill's piece in the programme Friday night? How out of date was that???? :eek:

braysnumber1
20/05/2007, 7:36 PM
good result. performance wasnt that great room for improvements. weather didnt help though. absolutly deserved the 3 points.
fox has completly passed it by now will they ever realise this. he should be used as an impact sub and no more. the lads tried to play football but it always broke down when fox got the ball!!! imo he should be used as an impact sub. why wont he try franco and broderick or o'shea up front???

jacks program piece was the one they put into last years program big **** up from the program editors...

Hulsey
21/05/2007, 2:25 AM
Totally agree Superfrank. Poor game, largely controlled by the elements. Sligo were suprisingly poor considering their performance against Cork. I thought McCabe was great, best game Delaney has had for us, Franco was industrious (must be a certain starter now), Cawley was pretty good apart from a couple of wayward crosses, O' Shea was great(second half). Even Christopher Deans had a good game. But Foxy wasn't the best, Duggan lost the ball far to easily and albeit for a short time Broderick was a bit pointless.

Your having a laugh!!!!!!!!! Deansy has been by far one of our best players this season. Imo a much better defender than Delaney. Granted he was shocking last year, but he's really impressed me. Bar the first nine mis v Pats he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Hulsey
21/05/2007, 2:27 AM
good result. performance wasnt that great room for improvements. weather didnt help though. absolutly deserved the 3 points.
fox has completly passed it by now will they ever realise this. he should be used as an impact sub and no more. the lads tried to play football but it always broke down when fox got the ball!!! imo he should be used as an impact sub. why wont he try franco and broderick or o'shea up front???

It wouldn't make sense to play O'shea and franco as they're both to easily pushed off the ball. Ya need someone whos going to be able to hold up the ball to play with either of them. Someone like Conor Sammon would be ideal

superfrank
21/05/2007, 8:35 AM
Someone like Conor Sammon would be ideal
Well supposedly he's leaving for Leeds. But of course you'll still be happy with that. :D

Cabinteelygull
21/05/2007, 1:54 PM
Jay o'shea was a breath of fresh air on friday looked very lively on the ball. Himself and franco up front against ucd next week will do damage.

Hulsey
21/05/2007, 2:02 PM
Well supposedly he's leaving for Leeds. But of course you'll still be happy with that. :D

I know the odds of us signing sammon are fairly small, but someone like him would be great with franco up front.

And he can't do worse than that pr!ck ricketts ;)

DmanDmythDledge
21/05/2007, 5:05 PM
There was absolutely no truth in that rumour.

Grey Boy
21/05/2007, 5:15 PM
Keith Foy, the no. 3, is the only overweight player who was playing last night. Don't know who else yer talking about.

Sorry about the delay in replying. I thought your no. 6 (is that Turner) and one of your central defenders were a bit on the horizontally challanged side of things.
Are your lads full time?