7.RW.Ronaldo
8.CM.Gerrard
9.CM.Scholes
10.FW.Drogba
11.FW.Rooney

Any thoughts?

GavinZac
13/05/2007, 6:30 PM
Did nobody outside the top 3 teams warrant a place?

DmanDmythDledge
13/05/2007, 6:33 PM
David James
Steve Finnan
Ricardo Carvalho
Rio Ferdinand
Nicky Shorey
Cristiano Ronaldo
Cesc Fabregas
Paul Scholes
Didier Drogba
Dimitar Berbatov
Wayne Rooney

Risteard
13/05/2007, 10:55 PM
I think Essien is easily deserving of a place.

kingdom hoop
14/05/2007, 12:51 AM
For some reason I hardly saw any matches but based on sporadic MoTD viewings, the odd match and personal whim;

David James

Steve Finnan - Richard Dunne - Ivar Ingamarsson - Matthew Taylor

Cristiano Ronaldo - Mikel Arteta - Michael Essien - Gabriel Agbonlahor

Carlos Tevez - Didier Drogba

Subs; Stephen Hunt, Dimitar Berbatov, Paul Scholes, Nemanja Vidic, Ben Foster.

Manager; kingdom hoop, ably assisted by OwlsFan

OwlsFan
14/05/2007, 7:11 AM
I saw Giles last night had Ronaldo, Ashley Cole and Lampard in his team of the season :confused:

eirebhoy
14/05/2007, 7:50 AM
This is a measure of number of outstanding performance rather than consistency but here's the players with the most bonus points in fantasy football.

James

Dunne
Lescott
Woodgate
Campbell

Fabregas
Essien
Scholes
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Rooney

subs:
Foster
Carragher
Arteta
Barry
Berbatov

Good team. ;)

BohsPartisan
14/05/2007, 7:59 AM
Arteta and Berbatov would deffo be in mine.

superfrank
14/05/2007, 8:34 AM
James; Gallas, Terry, Vidic, Bridge; Ronaldo, Essien, Scholes, Giggs; Drogba, Berbatov.

Subs: Cech; Touré; Bouazza, Arteta; Ronney.

tetsujin1979
14/05/2007, 9:15 AM
my €0.02

Howard
Finnan Dunne Carragher Taylor
Gerrard Scholes Fabregas Ronaldo
Rooney Berbatov

Roadend
14/05/2007, 9:25 AM
James
Finnan
Vidic
Carragher
Shorey
Ronaldo
Essien
Scholes
Giggs
McCarthy
Drogba

endabob1
14/05/2007, 2:35 PM
James
Finnan
Campbell
Vidic
Taylor
Ronaldo
Essien
Scholes
Artetta
Berbatov
Drogba

Cheated a bit to squeeze the midfielders in that I wanted.

Cymro
14/05/2007, 3:40 PM
3-4-3

GK: Cech (Yes, I know he was injured for a while but when he played he was awesome)
CB: Vidic
CB: Woodgate
CB: Carvalho
LM: Giggs
CM: Scholes
CM: Fabregas
RM: Ronaldo
CF: Tevez
CF: Rooney
CF: Berbatov

Subs: Foster, Primus, Bentley, Sidwell, Doyle.

pete
14/05/2007, 4:07 PM
I saw on RTE John Giles had Lampard at left midfield. Strange decision given he always preaching about picking players in their best positions. :confused:

Cech
Neville Terry Vidic ???
Ronaldo Essien Scholes Giggs
Drogba Berbatov

Berbatov is the only player outside the top two as he has amazing first Premiership season. He gets bonus points because he had to play virtually every Spurs game as they not half the side without him.

bellavistaman
14/05/2007, 4:19 PM
James
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Shorey
Ronaldo Scholes Essien Giggs
Drogba Rooney

Tevez
Berbatov
McCarthy
Evra
Arteta

OwlsFan
14/05/2007, 4:33 PM
My good friend Drunkphy whom I admire more than any person has omitted Ronaldo from his team in that quality paper, the Star!:

The curtain fell on the Premiership season yesterday and I've picked my team of the season.

I've gone for Petr Cech in goal and a back four of Steve Finnan, John Terry, Richardo Carvalho, and Gael Clichy.

There are plenty of contenders in midfield and I eventually opted for a three-man midfield of Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Cesc Fabregas.

I'd have Tomas Rosicky :D :D :D playing as a deep-lying attacking midfielder in the hole behind Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba.

As for the footballer of the year? I wouldn't even have Christiano Ronaldo on the bench.

When it comes to choosing a manager, I like the cut of Steve Coppell who worked wonders with scant resources at Reading.

But when you take everything into consideration, the style and flair of Manchester United under Alex Ferguson means he deserves the award after a really outstanding domestic season.

eirebhoy
14/05/2007, 5:02 PM
I wouldn't really watch that much premiership football but is Vidic that good? I remember watching Bellamy destroy him.

DmanDmythDledge
14/05/2007, 5:04 PM
I wouldn't really watch that much premiership football but is Vidic that good? I remember watching Bellamy destroy him.
He's excellent in the air, has great strength and he has had a very good season. Rio Ferdinand is a much more important part of Man Utd's defence though.

shakermaker1982
14/05/2007, 6:39 PM
My good friend Drunkphy whom I admire more than any person has omitted Ronaldo from his team in that quality paper, the Star!:

The curtain fell on the Premiership season yesterday and I've picked my team of the season.

I've gone for Petr Cech in goal and a back four of Steve Finnan, John Terry, Richardo Carvalho, and Gael Clichy.

There are plenty of contenders in midfield and I eventually opted for a three-man midfield of Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Cesc Fabregas.

I'd have Tomas Rosicky :D :D :D playing as a deep-lying attacking midfielder in the hole behind Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba.

As for the footballer of the year? I wouldn't even have Christiano Ronaldo on the bench.

When it comes to choosing a manager, I like the cut of Steve Coppell who worked wonders with scant resources at Reading.

But when you take everything into consideration, the style and flair of Manchester United under Alex Ferguson means he deserves the award after a really outstanding domestic season.

the guy clearly knows nothing about football if he really believes that. Rosicky ahead of Ronaldo? Yeah good one.

The only other players who deserves to be in every starting 11 alongside Ronaldo is Essien and Scholesy. Both have been fantastic this season and if it wasn't for Ronaldo's brilliant season they'd both be in running for player of the year.

republicofwhite
14/05/2007, 7:28 PM
Dunphy is entertaining but is becoming increasingly erratic and baffling with some of his points... For instance, Three weeks ago he said Alessandro Nesta was absolutely world class, probably one of the all time great centre halves ever to grace the game(i.e. similar pantheon to Bobby Moore et al), and dismissed Kuyt for scoring 1 goal in Europe(or something to that effect) and also critised Crouch I think. But no more than a week later, he decides Liverpool will win the final, as they have "too much firepower up front" :confused: He talks nonsense, I don't agree with most of those boys selections, Cech didn't play for half the season, and yes, I acknowledge that Terry, Carvalho and He leaked the least amount. But this is a stat, they do this consistently each season, and they are established hierarchy of the game. But players who made a step up and proved themselves consistently this season deserve the nod in this instance. James and Foster were outstanding, Lescott has been phenomenal in a quality Everton team since coming from Wolves, Arteta has made similar leaps and bounds. Tevez? Different class. Reading come up trumps as well, Nicky Shorey, Stephen Hunt for becoming ten times the player he was, and Sidwell became one of the most coveted English midfielders. If Doyle had played the entire season, he certainly would have been in or around there. Thought Jagielka for Sheff Utd deserves a mention for toil. Its these sort of players who made a fresh mark on the season.

Risteard
14/05/2007, 8:41 PM
I'd have Tomas Rosicky :D :D :D playing as a deep-lying attacking midfielder.

I don't get that at all.

jebus
14/05/2007, 8:58 PM
My Team

GK: James
CB: Carragher
CB: Vidic
CB: Carvalho
RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
LM: Bentley
CM: Essien
CM: Scholes
CF: Drogba
CF: Berbatov
CF: Tevez

OwlsFan
15/05/2007, 12:48 PM
I don't get that at all.

I am quoting from Dunphy's team. Not mine!!