PDA

View Full Version : League Promotion

sligoman
13/05/2007, 12:21 AM
Noel Mooney was in the Showgies tonight handing out surveys along with our club promotions officer. Had different sections that you had to give a rating of 1-5. Examples-Facillities, Club working in the community, ground safety and a few other options. Also had additional space for you to give a suggestion on how to improve the league. He claimed that each one would be read(doubt that, but anyway).

I presume this is a nationwide thing? Any of ye put down anything worthwhile?

passerrby
13/05/2007, 2:32 AM
known noel they will be read.. fair play to him

Poor Student
13/05/2007, 3:25 PM
He claimed that each one would be read(doubt that, but anyway).

I'd say he'll read them. I talked to him briefly when I was chatting with our CPO and he was asking if I had any suggestions or if I thought of any to send them along. I get the impression he seeks that off anyone.

monzo
13/05/2007, 5:34 PM
Noel Mooney was in the Showgies tonight handing out surveys along with our club promotions officer. Had different sections that you had to give a rating of 1-5. Examples-Facillities, Club working in the community, ground safety and a few other options. Also had additional space for you to give a suggestion on how to improve the league. He claimed that each one would be read(doubt that, but anyway).

I presume this is a nationwide thing? Any of ye put down anything worthwhile?

They were being distributed at Harps on Friday. Not sure if it was Mooney but it was a very nice guy.

I think the other categories were Pre-match/half time music, atmosphere and overall match experience.

superfrank
13/05/2007, 5:43 PM
Haven't seen any down the Carlisle yet.

In all honesty, I don't think the whole CPO thing is working for Bray.

Tis-smeee
14/05/2007, 11:32 PM
Our cpo was handing out free fusion razors the other night, freebies always nice :)

sligoman
14/05/2007, 11:55 PM
Our cpo was handing out free fusion razors the other night, freebies always nice :)That was Gillette that were doing that. They were at a few different grounds last weekend afaik. In the Showgies anyway!

SligoBrewer
15/05/2007, 11:25 AM
always welcome indeed..:D

BrayUnknowns
15/05/2007, 3:09 PM
Haven't seen any down the Carlisle yet.

Our crowds are well up on this time last season though. Don't think any club will see the benifit of the CPOs until next season or even the season after that.

Lim till i die
15/05/2007, 6:58 PM
That was Gillette that were doing that. They were at a few different grounds last weekend afaik. In the Showgies anyway!

Free Razors at an Eircom League Ground :eek:

Asking for trouble

Dodge
15/05/2007, 7:00 PM
Odds on Joe Gamble being mentioned in the next interview with Mooney? 2/5

superfrank
15/05/2007, 7:07 PM
Our crowds are well up on this time last season though. Don't think any club will see the benifit of the CPOs until next season or even the season after that.
The Galway crowd was the worst I've seen foir a long time. Admittedly not many Galway fans would make the trip but the home crowd was well down on previous weeks.

BrayUnknowns
16/05/2007, 12:11 PM
The Galway crowd was the worst I've seen foir a long time. Admittedly not many Galway fans would make the trip but the home crowd was well down on previous weeks.

Very true, was a terrible crowd, bt in saying that the crowds for the Bohs and Rovers games were great, especially the Rovers game, probably the biggest league crowd i've seen in Bray for many a year.

pineapple stu
16/05/2007, 12:35 PM
Very early to be saying that, I would have thought.

What are you basing that on?

Magicme
16/05/2007, 1:25 PM
Just had Noel telling me that another 5 clubs will be handing out the Surveys this weekend (us included!) and afaik it is the CPO's who will read through them and put together a list of the sugggestions or problems that arise and they will then work on changing or doing things that are possible.

Its good to see a more business like approach to match day and trying to meet the customers needs.

As for Bray & your CPO, it will take time, each CPO has targets to meet & am sure you will see the difference in the Carlise as yours meets more and more of his. Next season will be the real litmus test of the scheme.

Lim till i die
16/05/2007, 1:52 PM
Just had Noel telling me that another 5 clubs will be handing out the Surveys this weekend (us included!) and afaik it is the CPO's who will read through them and put together a list of the sugggestions or problems that arise and they will then work on changing or doing things that are possible.

Volunteers in the First division outside Cobh and Dundalk right??

Not really an issue for Monaghan (:p ) but supposing you get 1000 people at your game. Do they really expect you to wade through hunreds of surveys in your spare time??

Fupp that :eek:

sligoman
16/05/2007, 3:06 PM
Its good to see a more business like approach to match day and trying to meet the customers needs.This isn't the Premiership, we're supporters, not customers!;)

passerrby
16/05/2007, 3:38 PM
This isn't the Premiership, we're supporters, not customers!;)

if your club is run as a business then you are customers

superfrank
16/05/2007, 7:34 PM
Very early to be saying that, I would have thought.

What are you basing that on?
The fact that I've seen no initiatives been undertaken in the localm area regarding the club. Things are just the same. The only thing to be developed has been the website. Apart from that it's the same old, same old. Ads in shop windows announcing games is all really.

That and the fact that the crowds aren't that good at all.

BrayUnknowns
17/05/2007, 11:42 AM
The fact that I've seen no initiatives been undertaken in the localm area regarding the club. Things are just the same. The only thing to be developed has been the website. Apart from that it's the same old, same old. Ads in shop windows announcing games is all really.

That and the fact that the crowds aren't that good at all.

Your talking about 1 game against Galway, other home gates have been excellent ! what about the Anti Racism thingy they did with all the schools?

superfrank
17/05/2007, 11:47 AM
Your talking about 1 game against Galway, other home gates have been excellent !
Yeah I know it's only one game that was bad but let's see if the attendance will be any better when we play Sligo, UCD or Longford at home. My point is there's not many home fans turning up for these games. Of course the likes of Bohs, Rovers and Cork will bring in the crowds. I think the CPO and the club should be focusing on bringing in the home crowds for the lesser opponents.

what about the Anti Racism thingy they did with all the schools?
I'm still in school and I've seen nor heard nothing of this.

pineapple stu
17/05/2007, 12:41 PM
The CPO thing isn't going to change things immediately, and never was (despite the FAI thinking it will...). It's far too early to write it off just because a few posters haven't gone up.

Have you been talking to the CPO to see what's been happening?

Dodge
17/05/2007, 1:32 PM
ANY kind of move that leads to clubs having one person specifically thinking about how clubs can get more involved in their area is a great move. For me, the CPO thing is the highlight of the merger. These people aren't miracle workers, but if they get the name of the club out there in a positive manner, only good things can come from it