PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Trivia

Gary
11/02/2003, 3:33 PM
Just to get a bit of traffic on this forum im going to ask 5 questions every week on World football. No cheating by trawling the net for answers.

So

1.Name an Irish player, English player, Welsh player and Scot who have all played for clubs in three different countries, and these three clubs have all won the European cup at some stage, i.e the player might not have been with the club at the time the club won it but the club has won it at some stage.

2. Who is the only man to play in the Glasgow, merseyside and manchester derbies??

3.There is a footballer who has played in the top flight league in england, spain, france, germany and holland. name him

4.Sunderland done it in 1978, Villa done it in 1981.....Can you all tell me who done it in 1980 , and what is they all done?

5.Who won the golden boot in the 1966 world cup?

Ref
11/02/2003, 3:52 PM
2. Andrei Kanchelskis

sadloserkid
11/02/2003, 3:55 PM
Number 3 is Florian Raduciou

sadloserkid
11/02/2003, 3:56 PM
Actually is isn't... forgive me, he never played in Holland. Just Romania, Italy, Spain, Germany, England & France.

The Sheliban
11/02/2003, 4:52 PM
5. Eusebio?

joe
11/02/2003, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Just to get a bit of traffic on this forum im going to ask 5 questions every week on World football. No cheating by trawling the net for answers.

one question a week would do i'd say, but here's my effort

1.Name an Irish player, English player, Welsh player and Scot who have all played for clubs in three different countries, and these three clubs have all won the European cup at some stage, i.e the player might not have been with the club at the time the club won it but the club has won it at some stage.

Irish: Tony Cascarino
English: Mark Hately
Welsh: Mark Hughes
Scot: Steve Archibald

2. Who is the only man to play in the Glasgow, merseyside and manchester derbies??

Andrei Kanchelskis

3.There is a footballer who has played in the top flight league in england, spain, france, germany and holland. name him

Tomas Brolin

4.Sunderland done it in 1978, Villa done it in 1981.....Can you all tell me who done it in 1980 , and what is they all done?

Brooking, but i won't ruin it for everyone by saying what it is they all done ;)

5.Who won the golden boot in the 1966 world cup?

Eusebio

Gary
11/02/2003, 6:40 PM
Mark Hately is wrong, unless there is another.

sadloserkid
12/02/2003, 9:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that Brolin never played in France... or Holland either for that matter. Didn't he go from Swedish club(s) to Parma to Leeds to Crystal Palace to retirement?

Real ale Madrid
12/02/2003, 7:18 PM
A Question relating to no. 2

Who has played in the Merseyside, Manchester, North london, and Black country derbies (WBA/Wolves)?

Gary
13/02/2003, 1:36 PM
Paul Stewart????

Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Wolves

Seanie
14/02/2003, 9:28 AM
Stewart also played for Sunderland and therefore in the Tyne-Wear derby

Gary
17/02/2003, 11:10 AM
1. Liam Brady, Mark Hughes, Laurie Cunningham, Alan McInally.

2. Kanchelskis

3. Radicuoiou

4. Scored the winning goal in an FA Cup final. Trevor Brooking, Alan Sunderland and Ricky Villa.

5. Eusebio

sadloserkid
17/02/2003, 11:14 AM
but I think question 3 is wrong:

I guessed Raduciou at first which you gave as the right answer but Florian played in England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy and Romania - never in Holland. Dunno if you got the question wrong or if there's another answer but I'm pretty sure as it stands Raduciou isn't the correct answer.

Gary
17/02/2003, 11:23 AM
Im fairly certain, 99.9% certain that he did play in Holland for Willen 11.

sadloserkid
17/02/2003, 11:25 AM
Maybe so, he also played in Italy (Milan & Brescia) though, how cool does that make him then. That's a truly great career, getting to play and live all over Western Europe.

sadloserkid
17/02/2003, 2:03 PM
Florian had a spell with Monaco in France. Not a huge success there either.

Real ale Madrid
21/02/2003, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Paul Stewart????

Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Wolves

and Paul Walsh

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 1:54 PM
Might aswell merge this with Continuos Football trivia, if ya like like.;) ;)