PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline Relegated

The Lilywhites
12/05/2007, 4:29 PM
Dunfermline have been relegated from the SPL today after they lost 2-1 to Inverness CT, coupled with St. Mirren's win away to Motherwell.

It's funny how quickly things can change! Dunfermline were 1-0 up and St. Mirren were 2-0 down at half-time. Dunfermline lost two goals in the final 13 minutes while St. Mirren grabbed an 84th minute winner!

Obviously people will once again raise the question of why did Stephen Kenny take on the job there. But he did come close to pulling off the great escape. Where will Kenny go now? Will he stay in the First Division in Scotland, or will he take over from Pat Fenlon at Derry?? :D

Mr A
12/05/2007, 4:56 PM
Or will he take over Norn Iron? ;)

carrickharp
12/05/2007, 4:59 PM
Soddy would have kept them up;)

The Lilywhites
12/05/2007, 5:29 PM
Soddy would have kept them up;)

Or jumped the ship before it sank. Again.

CollegeTillIDie
12/05/2007, 7:22 PM
Well he got them into Europe this year so I reckon his job is safe for now. But a few bad results at the start of the 2007/08 Season , and if looks like The Pars are not coming back up straightaway it could be a different story.

eirebhoy
12/05/2007, 7:24 PM
Well he got them into Europe this year so I reckon his job is safe for now.
His job would have been safe no matter what tbh. He's loved there.

I'd say he'll stay for next season. If they don't get promoted he'll leave but I can't see them failing to get promoted.

sniffa
12/05/2007, 7:26 PM
great news.:D

Hibs4Ever
12/05/2007, 7:26 PM
His job would have been safe no matter what tbh. He's loved there.

I'd say he'll stay for next season. If they don't get promoted he'll leave but I can't see them failing to get promoted.

St Johnstone will have something to say about that, better than Dunfirmline IMO

lofty9
12/05/2007, 10:01 PM
chris coleman next northern irish manager-based solely on his appearence at windsor toady:) kenny will stay theyve been playing some nice stuff

Coleman is in Belfast for a coaching coach. He was sitting beside Roy Hodgson at the game. Kenny has had the Pars flying in recent weeks, all too late. But as Eirbhoy said he is loved there.

sligoman
12/05/2007, 10:21 PM
Coleman is in Belfast for a coaching coach.What the **** is that?:confused: :D.

Mr A
12/05/2007, 10:24 PM
What the **** is that?:confused: :D.

It's a coach.

That coaches.

Poor Student
12/05/2007, 10:25 PM
What the **** is that?:confused: :D.

It's a cost cutting procedure. It drives the team to the games and gives them game instructions at the same time.

d13bohs
12/05/2007, 11:33 PM
It's a cost cutting procedure. It drives the team to the games and gives them game instructions at the same time.

Unless Dermot Keely is a transformer, he should be worried about his job on hearing this! :D :cool:

scotsbeer
12/05/2007, 11:34 PM
was probably too much to ask when he came in to save the pars from relegation and im sure they will be gutted to have gone down (especially with motherwell being such a poor team with no ambition behind them). hope they do well in the cup final..... would love it if they beat the weegies in the cup final. whatever the uefa cup throws at them im sure they will be back in the spl soon. good manager, good fans, good club, and some good players. met jim leishman a few times and a few pars fans over the years. would rather have them in the spl than st mirren. st johnstone a good club too so it will be close between them next year

Theskinloyal
13/05/2007, 1:50 AM
Could not have happened to a worse person. Congratulations Stephen Kenny. You are a disgrace to everyone who follows the league of Ireland. Karma for you my friend.

YankExile
13/05/2007, 1:55 AM
Unless Dermot Keely is a transformer, he should be worried about his job on hearing this! :D :cool:

Ladies and gentlemen, the new manager for Derry City... Optimus Prime.

BohsFans
13/05/2007, 2:35 AM
Could not have happened to a worse person. Congratulations Stephen Kenny. You are a disgrace to everyone who follows.

How?

If anything he raises the profile.

Dodge
13/05/2007, 1:45 PM
Could not have happened to a worse person. Congratulations Stephen Kenny. You are a disgrace to everyone who follows the league of Ireland. Karma for you my friend.

:rolleyes:

Someone's been listening too closely to Stuey Byrne

osarusan
13/05/2007, 2:34 PM

ah........hows that?

Raheny Red
13/05/2007, 2:43 PM
St Johnstone will have something to say about that, better than Dunfirmline IMO

Where do you draw that conclusion?

RĂ©iteoir
13/05/2007, 3:09 PM

Much like your financial mismanagement - dare I say even cheating your way through each season - finally catching up with you lot.

OhNoYouDidn't
13/05/2007, 3:12 PM
What an idiotic post

he has the words skin and loyal in his name and a shelbourne crest as an avitar.

were you expecting Dostoevsky?

RĂ©iteoir
13/05/2007, 3:16 PM
he has the words skin and loyal in his name and a shelbourne crest as an avitar.

were you expecting Dostoevsky?

Suppose not - everyone knows Dostoevsky is a Home Farm fan anayway...

Dave77
13/05/2007, 4:55 PM
lived and worked in dunfermline. he is very much liked by the fans and the club seem impreesed.

he will def stay on and i think he will do very well. difference between them this year and last is huge.

lofty9
14/05/2007, 10:19 AM
Coleman is in Belfast for a coaching coach.

Memo to self: stay off the net whilst drunk.:o I knew what I meant at the time.

daniel
14/05/2007, 10:41 AM
Memo to self: stay off the net whilst drunk.:o I knew what I meant at the time.

But do you know what you meant now? lol

Only1Rovers
14/05/2007, 1:07 PM
Kenny has done a great job at the Pars, considering the amount of time he's been there. His job is safe as houses, I'd say there will be many clubs looking at him over the summer as a target. Every club he has managed he's got into Europe, that is some record.

I've him backed to be the next ROI manager, just hope he doesn't take on a job in the higher leagues before Merrion Square comes calling for him.

dcfcsteve
15/05/2007, 2:13 AM

:confused: ??

I think you're confuising Stephen Kenny with Ollie Byrne here...